Cosmosis - Synergy

Guest antic

Guest antic

While doing my daily routine eBay search (;)) I've found this:

http://cgi.ebay.pl/Cosmosis-Synergy-Origin...1QQcmdZViewItem

Have you ever seen it? It says it's a promo release, and the cover looks slightly different to the cover that's on Discogs (different fonts)? Discogs does not mention that release and it's not the digipack edition either (check the right edge of the picture on eBay - it's jewel case)...

The price seems a bit steep (50GBP starting bid!!!), but on the other hand seems like it's a very rare version. Luckily I have the ordinary release and don't have to buy it ;):lol:

Discuss? :unsure::D

Have you ever seen it? It says it's a promo release, and the cover looks slightly different to the cover that's on Discogs (different fonts)? Discogs does not mention that release and it's not the digipack edition either (check the right edge of the picture on eBay - it's jewel case)...

The price seems a bit steep (50GBP starting bid!!!), but on the other hand seems like it's a very rare version. Luckily I have the ordinary release and don't have to buy it ;)  :lol:

Discuss?  :unsure:  :D

542652[/snapback]

Ive got Cosmosis - Intergalactic on my Mp3 player atm, and its such a wicked album. I havnt heard this one yet....

Guest antic

Ive got Cosmosis - Intergalactic on my Mp3 player atm, and its such a wicked album. I havnt heard this one yet....

542655[/snapback]

You really should buy it then ;)

IMO, Synergy is their best album of all 5 released to this day. Production-wise it may sound a little dated now (it's from 1998), but the concept, music, arrangements and atmosphere knock me off my feet every time I listen to it! It's one of very few psy-trance albums I gave 10/10!.

The only chance to get it now is to buy it on eBay though, so I think Bill would forgive you if you downloaded it. He visits the forum frequently - it would be interesting to see his opinion about this.

:)

Guest antic

Speaking of Cosmosis ... is Cosmology rare these days?

542657[/snapback]

it's quite rare - I think you could sell it for around 20-30EUR

but the question is - do you really want to? :)

Well, it's 'just' a promo - and I have no idea why it's SOOO expensive seeing as how Transient did press promos in large numbers...

The artwork is different though - which makes it interesting... But given the price, not *that* interesting...

Oh, and about jewel case/digipack - Transient often published re-prints in jewel cases instead of the original digipacks...

As you Antic, I have the original digipack in my collection, so I'm not going anywhere near this one... The seller, climaczuk, is absolutely cool though - I've just bought a couple of oldschool CDs from him (at reasonable prices too).

/DP

542660[/snapback]

Nah, not interested in selling it. Was just wondering :)

Guest antic

Well, it's 'just' a promo - and I have no idea why it's SOOO expensive seeing as how Transient did press promos in large numbers...

The artwork is different though - which makes it interesting... But given the price, not *that* interesting...

Oh, and about jewel case/digipack - Transient often published re-prints in jewel cases instead of the original digipacks...

As you Antic, I have the original digipack in my collection, so I'm not going anywhere near this one... The seller, climaczuk, is absolutely cool though - I've just bought a couple of oldschool CDs from him (at reasonable prices too).

/DP

542661[/snapback]

Just to straighten things up a bit - I've got the jewel-case edition, but I'm glad it's that way because I don't like digi-packs, which I've expressed in numerous threads & polls about this... :)

And yeah, Climacz UK is a great guy - he sells like-new CDs for reasonable prices (well, except for this one)

542660[/snapback]

I received Cosmology just today. Bought it for 18.37 usd on ebay :)

Good condition too. I think it was a bargain. Diamonde had one on at the same time. Went for something like 30-35 usd I think.

edit: which makes my price seem right. Diamondes divides by 1,5 to 2.

The price seems a bit steep (50GBP starting bid!!!), but on the other hand seems like it's a very rare version. Luckily I have the ordinary release and don't have to buy it ;)  :lol:

Discuss?  :unsure:  :D

542652[/snapback]

i have this bought it a couple of years ago for about 10 pounds