Albums similar to Doof?

faze

Hi all,

Returning to psy after a long break. All seems a bit different now, lots of new genre descriptions I am not familiar with. :D

My question is, anyone here have any recommendations for currently available CDs similar to Doof - It's About Time?

Which of these new genres might this album fit under when searching for similar stuff?

Thank you for any advice,

f

It's not that similar but still you might give it a try: Benza - Retrofuturism.

i really love the atmosphere in this album, but ive never heard anything close to it really. i guess mystery of the yeti is closest, cuz doof is in it. or else go for some bluetech, shulman, va - backroom beats, aes dana, dub trees, healer.... :unsure:

oh yeah, and definately younger brother!!

i really love the atmosphere in this album, but ive never heard anything close to it really. i guess mystery of the yeti is closest, cuz doof is in it. or else go for some bluetech, shulman, va - backroom beats, aes dana, dub trees, healer.... :unsure:

500955[/snapback]

Aw. Anyone know whatever happened to Doof? That appears to be his last release.

F

It's not that similar but still you might give it a try: Benza - Retrofuturism.

500726[/snapback]

Listening to samples now. Pretty tasty, and it's on the cheap at Ssounds at the moment, $7.95 US. :unsure:

My question is, anyone here have any recommendations for currently available CDs similar to Doof - It's About Time?

499624[/snapback]

Try Vatos Locos' (Nick Doof is part of that constellation) and their second album Attack and Release. There are some Doof moments in that album, although the sound is also influenced by the other members. Still, it's a very good album that deserves more attention.