Tempestuous G new track

Guest Cosmogenesis

Guest Cosmogenesis

There is a brilliant artist on the acidplanet community called "Tempestuous G". Maybe some people have already listened some tracks from him, but I can tell you that personnaly, I think his tracks kicks all the asses! He has produced wonderful pure oldschool goa tunes, some of them have been inspirated by a certain astral projection influence. I don't want to make publicity for this artist, because maybe he wants to be secret and make his own way. Maybe he dislikes the criticism about his creation. But I think it would be cool if he enters the psynews forum. I know that he has contact with Synogen (Mindcrawlers), and I hope one time to see him at this forum.

So I advice you to listen his newest track on acidplanet, called "Secrets of space", a very brilliant piece IMO with authentic astral melodies and spiritual atmospheres.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Tempestuous G, I'm very happy to see you at this forum! I think you will have some interesting comments to share with us about the trance music, and especially for oldschool goatrance. Welcome man!

Guest Cosmogenesis

Ahaha, man! Okay, so first, I want to ask you if there is a long time you knew the existence of this forum. Second, I'm very curious to know your opinion about suntrip records as the last oldschool goa survivors: do you think your style could fit suntrip very well?

And last question: can you tell us a little about your future projects : any label or release at the horizon ?

haha okay well, i only heard about this forum a few days ago, Synogen told me about it.

hmm suntrip records, ive heard of it but i dont know much about it i haven't heard their music so i couldn't tell you anything about if my music would fit theirs. As for future projects, im currently working on finishing up a bunch of projects i have that are almost finished and im hoping to release a CD locally on my own in the spring sometime, i'm prolly going to take it to battle of the bands and see if i can get anyone interested there, but if i can i'm goin to make it available for purchase online somewhere...

Guest Cosmogenesis

Very happy to learn that maybe you will release in a near future! Man, no doubt for me your cd will be a true masterpiece!

And about your collaboration with Lost Disciple as L4ST Goa Shaman. I have listened the very interesting "stimulator" killaaaa track you have both created : have you planned to do something together in the future, or is it only a one track collaboration ?

well we have a few more collabs started but he doesn't seem too interested in finishing them... im pretty sure all of them are on his pass right now... so i can't really do anything with them. also hes leaning towards Reason right now he really likes that, and i dont have reason so not much we can do there

Guest Cosmogenesis

Dangerous collaboration, man ! :ph34r: Sad to learn this! Anyway, I think your solo project is better : your own style kicks enough ass and your astral tracks are very prodigious ! Can't wait to listen soon your future productions!

synogens helping me master a song right now that follows the style of Still On Mars by Astral Projection, ive had so much trouble mastering, he offered to lend a hand :) structure of the song and composition is finished... just needs to be cleaned up, should be out soon ill let u know

Guest Cosmogenesis

Man, trust Synogen! As you, I have listened his very high quality mindcrawlers tracks. No doubt that he will make the same and good work with your creations. Maybe you should started in the future a label with him if you are both in the same line.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Well, if you are searching audio extracts from this label, you can go to www.saikosounds.com or www.psyshop.com. I advice you to search extracts from Filteria and Khetzal, the two well-know artists of suntrip records. They have both released cd's on this label. You will see, the two guys have two different styles of music. Give me your impressions after.

WOW!!! filteria is insane... that is some hardcore oldschool right there

that style is definately what im working towards, if you think of it this way... ive been producing for about a year, and im at the point i'm a right now, im thinking if i work hard i may be able to contact suntrip records in 2-3 years from now with some music like this. it's a good thing im 16 and have plenty of time ahead of me.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Man, you're only 16 years old, you have only one year as producer, and you can make such brilliant pieces! Whouawww! I'm very surprised! I can't imagine what you will do at your 20 years! I have seen your evolution in the last three-four months, and I'm very impressed. With the track "projectile" you have definitely reached another level of production. In two or three years, you will make Filteria'songs x power 100!

The acidplanet goa community is quite young, yes... I know of alot of people under 20 years that can make some stunning music. I think Message to Earth went pro and he's only 18... as for myself, I'm 17 and so is Psyrius (the other member in Mindcrawlers). We're all quite new but all are quite sure of the kind of music we would like to be hearing.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Synogen, you're only 17 years old! It's unbelievable! Well, I'm now very curious to ask you both a question: when have you listened goatrance music for the first time and how ? You know, 1995, 1996 and 1997 are the three glorious years of oldschool goatrance. I don't believe you have listened goatrance when you are 7 or 8 years old. So, it's very important to know that a young generations of artists want to be the successors of an old genre of music. With young people like you, Goatrance can project itself in the future.

I first started listening to goa trance and indeed all other electronic music 4 years ago when I stumbled on a track called Dancing Galaxy by Astral Projection, I was amazed and I wanted more music like that, and from there I've been building up my collection of goa and psytrance.

No I don't think anyone's been listening to goa trance when they were 8, but that doesn't mean we don't have access to that kind of music right now =] I personally prefer goa trance comming out of 1996 to 1999 as do alot of people here, thats the kind of music I love even though its not being made anymore.

However, I don't believe we can get music like that again, I haven't heard much like it after 2000 and if I have it sounds the same as the music back from 10 years ago. I don't know whats in store for goa trance, all I can say for my own music is that its influenced by goa but I believe there are still alot of emotions and concepts that are still unexplored in that style of trance.

For goa trance to come back to life there would need to be many more artists showing up that have enough creativity to provide something new to that style, but lately the music I've been hearing has been showing very little creativity...besides maybe darkpsy but I am more interested in happy uplifting melodies rather than dark abnoxiousness ;)

i first started listening to goa trance in maybe 2001 when i heard 2 mixes by Paul Oakenfold (GOA mix Gold and GOA mix Silver) i had no idea what goa was i just saw it was in the title, but i loved the music, so i searched for goa when i was searching for music and came along artists such as Astral Projection, Talamasca, Infected Mushroom, Transwave, MFG, Goa Gil, etc... and i pretty much fell in love with it.

I'm gonna have to agree with Synogen here, most of the goa trance out there right now is lacking individuality and creativity, like when i was listening to Filteria i notice a lot of their songs sound the same and there isn't really a creative theme its just kinda jumbled goa trane, not gonna lie it sounds great, but it lacks creativity, I myself am trying to add my own little twist to goa trance, ive been adding guitar and sax to some of my songs now and just doing crazy out of the ordinary things. All of my songs sound different.

Like synogen i also try to add some influence of trance to some of my songs, it gives goa a new twist, i also think chord work could do a lot for goa trance.

most of the goa trance out there right now is lacking individuality and creativity, like when i was listening to Filteria i notice a lot of their songs sound the same and there isn't really a creative theme its just kinda jumbled goa trane, not gonna lie it sounds great, but it lacks creativity

Thats my opinion on Filteria too. Khetzal on the otherhand is much better but he also suffers from ripping the 1997 style almost exactly, though I did like the themes he explored.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Tempestuous G, I have any msn messenger count today, but these days I will create it and then give you my email adress. But, you know, I'm only a crazy and modest goatrance fan, maybe a great listener with some experience (my ears have first caught the psychedelic dimension of goatrance back in 1995), but I'm not a producer. So, I have no idea about making tracks, I have never tried to buy equipments or produce a sound, because I think I'm not able to do what you are doing. That's why I'm impressed about you and all the goa producers.

Like other "old" goa lovers, I'm dreaming about a goa ressurection, and I want to be optimistic about the future, when I'm listening your tracks.

Synogen, I appreciate your comments, man : you're 100% right when you've said that "there are still a lot of emotions and concepts that there are unexplored in that style of trance". I want to give you my opinion about this. When I have bought and listened for the first time the "Second Phaze" of Dimension 5 in 2002, I have discovered a new "dimension" of the goatrance music, with majestuous atmospheres, scientifical concepts, using some experimental or "organic" materials, keeping and developping a 3D melody for a higher spiritual feeling. This genre can be called something like "space goa trance". I was very surprised to still listen true goatrance music in 2002, and I have told myself: "this is the right way, the right evolution of goatrance, an unexplored and so excited domain of goatrance". IMO, goatrance would have been follow that way, that direction. I have listened your mindcrawlers track "Firebloom", and your style sounds quite similar of that kind of music. That's why I think you have perfectly understood what should be the right evolution of goatrance.

Finally, after this long (and maybe boring ;) ) comment, I want to ask you if, after Tempestuous G, there is any possibily to see your mindcrawlers partner, Psyrius, at this forum? :D:D

I'm always happy to hear some new goa-trance, but I really can't stand those streaming site like acidplanet.

Is there a way to download some of these track, even in low quality?

I've said in another topic how much I love Mindcrawlers music. I'm sure I'll love your music too.

Well, if you registered a free acount at acidplanet you could download music.

Actually what could happen is someone could register a psynews.org account and give out the password here and everyone could use it publically to save the hastle of making personal accounts - thats a good idea I think.

Ever since mp3.com went down there hasn't been one good place for people to put their music. Acidplanet is great since there is no limit and the comments, chart, and review community are all helpful to the artists there.

Beatbiz.net is another good place run by Dave (Infinite Dimensions) but its still small for now...which is both a good and bad thing.

Acidplanet however remains a center for amateur producers, both good and bad. We were talking about creativity a while ago... I believe there is alot of interesting things in the goa/psytrance community at acidplanet, styles and themes you don't hear. Its great to see people expiramenting and not following a formula, or better yet for you to be able to recognize their style. Some great artists I've discovered through acidplanet are Structural Mind Engine, Smily Pixie, Message to EarthNuxx, Lost Disciple, Psychoactive (now known as PsyAct), Digitalsam (if you love Hallucinogen or that style of music, you will love Digitalsam's music), Infinite Dimensions, Skyeye..., Psyrius, Mindcrawlers, Tempestuous G... :P

Heck theres so much to download from there, Like I said, a psynews.org account at acidplanet would be a good idea, everyone can log into it and the download link will work for everyone. Someone better go make one :D

I've heard alot of promising the things, the only thing keeping them back is that no one knows about it and no one has any direction or incentive to push their style because we're all considered lucky enough to get just 200 listens for a song.