Magnetrixx - Wired

RTP

Wow, I'm blown away!

The thing is that: I saw Magnetrixx live a few months ago. Well, it was announced "Magnetrixx and Morganixx", to be precise. I heard a big load of awesome tracks there ... but I did not know them. They did not have this typical Magnetrixx style I knew from the past at all, so I thought it were Morganixx tracks ... and thus I concentrated my search on finding new Morganixx, because in the past I liked Morganixx better than Magnetrixx and I thought that such good tracks only can come from Morganixx.

Just recently though I realized, that I was wrong - fortunately! It was because of the first track on the Goa Head 21 ... Magnetrixx - Probably, which is also the first track of the new album. And there it was, a track I recognized! And it was not this typical Magnetrixx style he had before (which I didn't even like that much) like on the earlier albums - in this track there was a lot more going on, it was a little faster and overall much more activity going on than in his earlier tracks which I found rather boring compared to this one! I LOVED Probably!

So I finally came on the right track!

And just minutes ago it came back to my mind and I checked on Saikosounds for samples - and woot, I recognize every second track of that album! Skaphander, Zipfel, Wired ... AWESOME! I LOVE IT :wub: .. Magnetrixx, whom I didn't care much about earlier apart from Tohuwabohu or Gluonball, clearly has developed to a really cool project!

(And I wasn't even SO wrong by saying the elements come from the Morganixx side, because Morgana is the creative one who delivers the ideas for effects and melodies :) )

Now ... is there something similar out there?

You could check out the other Magnetrixx albums. I only liked this one, and only from track 4 (Zipfell) till the end which is kinda a lot IMO while this music is not normally my style. I think you may want to look into the German "minimal" scene as well. Its pretty big, and theres a few crossovers with psy and prog. For example: Day Din. I'm not really into this style though, so i can't help you much w/this.

You could check out the other Magnetrixx albums.

440681[/snapback]

Mmh not really, I already know plenty of tracks of them and as I said above his past stuff is not even remotely as good as Wired!

MORGANIXX is a BIT like it (because of the fact that I said above that Mogana works on more melodies in Magnetrixx project lately ... I even think they have merged completely and Morganixx project is on ice, but that's just a speculation...), but also only remotely ... still fans of Wired might want to check that out as melodies and elements come from the same creative person in this case :)