Antix - Quiet is the New Loud

Bahamut

IS GREAT!

It has this underlying energy that is held back and slowly but surely comes out. Got it? I'd describe it as 'subtlely controlled bombast'. That's why the title is perfect.

Looking for similar tracks. I'm not easily satisfied. It must have a similar steady beat (preferably not a typical psy 'plop' as kickdrum) and subtle progression/buildup. With floating atmosphere and smooth sounds. No harsh sounds and irritating use of samples.

IS GREAT!

It has this underlying energy that is held back and slowly but surely comes out. Got it? I'd describe it as 'subtlely controlled bombast'. That's why the title is perfect.

Looking for similar tracks. I'm not easily satisfied. It must have a similar steady beat (preferably not a typical psy 'plop' as kickdrum) and subtle progression/buildup. With floating atmosphere and smooth sounds. No harsh sounds and irritating use of samples.

437578[/snapback]

Have you tried their first album 'Lull'? It's all about subtle floating pleasure there... also some tracks @ 'POTS - Creating Social Success' are similar, imo. Vibrasphere comes close too... 'Drone - 23Days' maybe? Half of the album is so subtle you won't be able to find anything that sounds more subtle (released in 2005). Also check out 'Nyquist - Singularity' @ VA - Set6 (Iboga) track #7 if I remind myself correctly.

well, so you had me check my box

3 is freefall, the tribal belter

4 is harold and maude

i think you are referring to open when you say ambient (no 5), i wouldnt call it ambient at all, but it is definitely the track i would have the most trouble putting into any genre (except electronica)

4 and 5, harold & maude followed by open could very well be my favourite sequence of two tracks