Lamest Sample

Guest Avneesh

once again thist thread..

IMO i like samples from the matrix (cauz its my fav. movie) but the thing is they've been overused so much that they've become somewhat trite and banal..thats why i can see your point matt of them being lame

IMO the lamest sample would have to be that stupid sample at the end of devil's night by wizzy noise..the track kix ass but when this stupid kid comes and talks absolute crap it spoils it..

Tristan's 'Small Paper Squares'. the bit that goes "LSD doen't fry your brain, it expands the mind". it's a shame, coz the rest of the tune is actually quite good.

Honesly, IM comes to mind first. How about Roll Us a Giant or Noisemaker? The samples in these completely ruined otherwise decent music for me. It's silly and just kinda childish in my opinion. Lots of this sort of thing in IM, which is why they're probably not one of my favorites. Oh well.

Also, Star Sounds Orchestra must have the worst samples of all time. Completely destroys the music for me. Their songs that have no samples are actually quite good. :) EA

I'll go for the introducing sample in Intelligate by IM. I just can't stand it, it just stands here, with no link with the rest of the song. And Foster's voice is far from being harmonious IMO.

J.

Guest Setsuko

thenlamest sample...

definitely the 'souhpark ' samples used in evil turkey by Psysex... he track is good and powerful... but you hear those irritatings voices over and over... you hear almost a whole story...

i must say i lake the sample used in 'roll us a giant'... the filtering sounds nice IMO... but the words are not fantastic...

Guest ~Jonezz~

It´s definetely on the Talamasca : Tribalistic at Dimitris dat bag.. man, that woman laughing is awful.. and the track is full of different kinda speak-samples.. theres too many of them..

So what about the best ones..

IMO:

Cosmosis&Shakta - Visitors

Shpongle - Shpongleyes "..you are a robot, arent you?"

and the beat chances to faster one.. just great idea..

Allmost every track from the new spacetribe album. The music is good but the samples takes away some feelings.

Especially the track - Think Different .. which is about 1min repeating the sentence "Think Different" in the most annoying ways. i can't stand it.

Guest Slidingtrancer

You are right, but live and let live is worse...

I hate that sample

but that CD is GREAT, best Olli has ever done, its those samples again though, he DID cut down on the length..

Maybe he should read this forum about his stuff, because he still IS a great producer, his samples are just lame...

Solution? DONT USE EM if they don't have anything to add to the song

Yeah I agree with the Think Different ... that really is lame to the point of, too embarassing to listen to.

Also Amphetamaniac not sure who it's by, psycraft or psysex maybe one of those? Anyway too druggy, I thought we had moved on.

As far as south park and IMs samples,,, I think you need a bit of a sense of humor to enjoy those. Psytrance dosent always have to be serious you know. I love samples like those.

What i cant stand is that super high pitched background "TV" noise you hear in a lot of samples,, i mean some of it is ok ,, but some is so fuking bad it really ruins the songs.

Guest lifeform

"my goolie that's just super!" space tribe-kicking up some dust.

It really bothers me. I ussually fast forward until that parts over. Good thing it's at the beginning cause that song rocks.

Amphetamanaic is by psysex... They have alot of stupid / lame samples. They should really rethink their sample positioning. Other than that, psysex is quite good in my books.

Guest PsYoNic

i see tastes are really far apart sometimes 'cause some samples here mentioned are among my favorites....

I really don't like the simpson samples (chasing ganesh/fluffy puppy)

I really hate german samples...(wilkomme in die wirklichkeit,dies ist nicht fur mensche.......)

you people are really bored, making up a lists of worst that and that, like good was not enought.. grrr.. and I must be bored as well reading all that @!#$...

Guest lÿsërgïç

all space tribe samples

and the sample in koxbox - crunchy moles i think its saying "crunchy moles" ??

but in a really crap 70's disco type voice.. arrrgh!

Jonezz, I agree. "Now this is uhhh, no offense, but........ you ARE a RObot, AREn't you?" is a great sample. lol, then the robotic little electronic noises kick in and the song comes back up to speed.

Damn, Infected Mushroom seems to be getting plenty of votes! Too bad their music kicks so much ass, but they stick lame @!#$ in with it.

I'm going to see if I can't send this thread to as many artists as possible, even those not mentioned here..... maybe we can help them cut back on the lame @!#$ :)

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-