oldschool goa trance

radi6404

ok, heres my "review" :)

intro too long and monotone till the kick - try to add some more layers or make intro shorter

that first kick is out of rhythm - i mean you obviously wanted it to be like a surprise and sound different but this time it really would sound better some pattern or too earlear

also that synth that appears at 2:10 is disapearing among other sounds, you should make little bit accented or louder because it really sounds good

also when it ends @ 3:10 the gap between it and next synth is too obvious - add some extra layer as a oneshot there and also make the new layer that kicks in louder/accented because it disapears among other sounds too, make this transition/gap betwwen those two layers full, dont leave emptiness in your track.

track sounds little bit lost - all layers are ok but it looks like each layer is trying to be louder than the other one thus making it sound chaotic.

also that layer @ 6:09 starts somehow too "sudden" if you know what i mean, you could try to make its appearance more smoother and not so sharp [appearance not synth layer itself].

also, the last sound with wich this track ends is in my opinion out of composition of other sounds, its too diffetent, too offtopic.

overall this track needs some more work, but thats offcourse my opinion only :)

but its a good track definitely, it doesnt have the same flow as AP tracks, its so smooth, but overall with some work it can get better and closer to AP style and become a pretty good track. nothing innovating though, but as long as you do what you like and what makes you feel good its good.

ok, heres my "review" :)

intro too long and monotone till the kick - try to add some more layers or make intro shorter

that first kick is out of rhythm - i mean you obviously wanted it to be like a surprise and sound different but this time it really would sound better some pattern or too earlear

also that synth that appears at 2:10 is disapearing among other sounds, you should make little bit accented or louder because it really sounds good

also when it ends @ 3:10 the gap between it and next synth is too obvious - add some extra layer as a oneshot there and also make the new layer that kicks in louder/accented because it disapears among other sounds too, make this transition/gap betwwen those two layers full, dont leave emptiness in your track.

track sounds little bit lost - all layers are ok but it looks like each layer is trying to be louder than the other one thus making it sound chaotic.

also that layer @ 6:09 starts somehow too "sudden" if you know what i mean, you could try to make its appearance more smoother and not so sharp [appearance not synth layer itself].

also, the last sound with wich this track ends is in my opinion out of composition of other sounds, its too diffetent, too offtopic.

overall this track needs some more work, but thats offcourse my opinion only :)

but its a good track definitely, it doesnt have the same flow as AP tracks, its so smooth, but overall with some work it can get better and closer to AP style and become a pretty good track. nothing innovating though, but as long as you do what you like and what makes you feel good its good.

418943[/snapback]

I reedit the song, i added more layers etc... you can check it out.

http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=27R97USQRP95X0ZMMPWLP3I1Y2

I reedit the song, i added more layers etc... you can check it out.

http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=27R97USQRP95X0ZMMPWLP3I1Y2

419176[/snapback]

well track still sounds unfinished and that "transition" @ around 3:10 where suddenly those synths disapear is still empty, that gap is still there :)

and @ 6:10 still sounds the same - that layer kicks somehow too "off" you know

but ill let others to speak, its afternoon and i havent slept yet :)

yeah, this part of forum needs more activity

Okay, I downloaded it while I was on my lunch break and just played it.

I really like it (I knew I would though as we have very similar taste in old-school trance) but feel it sounds more like the Pleiadians or Etnica than Astral Projection. It has a lovely sound to it, very bubbly, swirly and hypnotic and creates a good atmosphere. Quintessential goa sound really.

My only criticism is that again, like your other 2 tracks, there aren't enough breaks, break downs and build ups, though this is just my opinion.

As I said though - the sound, the atmosphere and the melodies are great. I'll burn it to the same CD as your other 2 tracks later and play it on my hi-fi. Who knows, given enough time I may have an entire album worth of your tracks. :)

Okay, I downloaded it while I was on my lunch break and just played it.

I really like it (I knew I would though as we have very similar taste in old-school trance) but feel it sounds more like the Pleiadians or Etnica than Astral Projection. It has a lovely sound to it, very bubbly, swirly and hypnotic and creates a good atmosphere. Quintessential goa sound really.

My only criticism is that again, like your other 2 tracks, there aren't enough breaks, break downs and build ups, though this is just my opinion.

As I said though - the sound, the atmosphere and the melodies are great. I'll burn it to the same CD as your other 2 tracks later and play it on my hi-fi. Who knows, given enough time I may have an entire album worth of your tracks.  :)

419267[/snapback]

thanks fo your review, true that this more sound like plaiadians/etnica than astral coz i didn´t affort enough :angry: but with the breaks some stuff that is released from astral from example hasn´t breaks at all, but yo´re right i must keep attention at the structure.

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Big worry with the rythmic: kick not loud enough, you hardly hear it (change of sound, something more smashing ). Same thing with hithat, the sound is cheap & not clean (you hardly listen to it too), try to find one more classic & metallic.

Big worry with the rythmic: kick not loud enough, you hardly hear it (change of sound, something more smashing ). Same thing with hithat, the sound is cheap & not clean (you hardly listen to it too), try to find one more classic & metallic.

419823[/snapback]

That´s all you have to say that the percussion is bad?

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

That´s all you have to say that the percussion is bad?

420040[/snapback]

yes coz it's the main thing to fix, i mean it's the biggest worry (kick + hithats sounds are really bad,change them) the rest is not perfect but quite ok.

Or if you don't want to change them, re-arrange your mix & balance the rythmic (pump up) compared to the harmonic-melodic side.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cosmogenesis

Man, your track, as the others that you have shared weeks ago, reminds me something between Hallucinogen and Endora tracks, even if the rhythm isn't the same. Maybe the sound is not technically perfect, but I can say you that the happiness and the sublime feeling of oldschool goatrance are there, and I appreciated so much this! So, I wish you to continue to keep this same feeling in your upcoming creations. Can't wait to hear more from you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi radi :)

Upload your music to www.beatbiz.net so it can have a permanent home and more exposure.

I like the oldschool style you're producing with, but me personally I could see more inovation done with oldschool goa...by that I mean simply don't do what has already been done (even though we both like oldschool, I think the genre desirves something new). Also I think your production could be clearer. But for a start I'm impressed.