I saw a movie yesterday......

what i find worse (i dont know if its still like that these days) is those countless news channels...when the narrator stops talking for a second, you suddenly start to hear all the background noise...hums, hisses or sometimes even other people talking....i think someone should explain to them how to use a compressor, or maybe they should do a soundcheck in those long advertising blocks...how annoying..........

which movie?

i like movies sounds.

do u like requiem for a dream? i like the sounds a lot  :D

(sry my bad english :P)

406584[/snapback]

yeah Visnu, requiem rocks

but was not the movie in question

The movie i had saw it was "Saw", the movie is ok, but everything concerned to sound there was dreatfull for me

Hence the topic

One movie, that i love in every way, including soundtracks AND sound effetcs is- Blue Velvelt by David Lynch

That movie has an amazing sound work in every persperctive

I think you will like this movie Visnu ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It depends on where you watch the movie. If it's a movie with ac3 sound and it gets mixed down to stereo, you can get some pretty intense compression here and there.

And no need to talk about TV, all they care about is to get that shit as loud as possible.

woah, what happened to the site?

movies are tha shit to sample from! especially sci movies or horror... i really dig the sound in movies that incorporate the past into the future...e.g. Chronicles of Riddick, Aeon Flux, Stargate, Serenity... etc. yeah Saw rocks too...

yeah, some movies are louder than others, actually, movies in general are way lower than t.v. and i bet they do not add a master compression over all the sound in movies...and they probably should those deaf bastards B)