"Mushroom Clouds"... insane Psy/DnB/IDM-Hybrid

Cybernetika

Hi folks,

I just made a new tune, which is probably totally insane. It is called "mushroom clouds" and is a twisted, hectic, dark track between DnB,Psy and IDM. I tried to focus on some sick percussion manipulation.

Anyway, just check this out, if you are open-minded ;)

and watch out for the volume, it is still very overdriven. I think I am gonna fix this, but I need to show it first :)

http://rapidshare.de/files/9225040/cyberne...clouds.mp3.html

you gotta click on "free" in the lower right.

enjoy :)

• 2 weeks later...

hey buddy (you reviewed The Minimalist on TA) anyway, neat song.... the vowel pads are screaming dark.... and it's good im not hearing that thumping kick that seems to be in like uh....... every freaking trance song..... I woudn't call this IDM, you need more intelligent drum beats. and more.... more... more... drum patterns.....

your on fruityloops right?? (flstudio)

if you have beatslicer full.... just load the drillnbass sample and completely twist it up... make completely unconventional drum patterns and things like that... completely forget stereotype drum beats and just make your own... and make them go on for like 8, 16, 32 or even 64 bars..... thats intelligent drum patterns... and completely chop up your beats. also completely forget complex melodies.... in IDM its all about the beats, clicks, and grit

i'll give you an example: here

i actually just layered some allready sliced beats and granulised some just a little bit... but there you go ;)

you may want to consider changing you host.... I could barely find the link <_<

Wow

Excellent

Twisted

Very good. Finally some more experimentation. I love this style - twisted beats, sick synths, yeah :D Very energic and moving.

It gets too chaotic at some points (like two fill-ins are bit messy) and some parts deserve to be longer (to enjoy the trip), don't worry about the track length. And finally, lower down some reverbs a bit, the sound is sometimes cavy.

What soft did u use? {tracker, vst, gear}

Great! Excellent! I love it, but I'm not sure whether if it's for its quality or its originality.

However, I think there's still a lot of work remaining, because this track deserves some improvements.

I think you should lower the volume of some of the "background sounds", add some effect to the snare or just change the pan because it sounds a bit monotonous at times, and also put some longer breaks in your track like the one at 2'35.

Good luck :)