Is it me or are people just plain MAD?

devious

Well, browsing ebay today for some music and what not and this is what I come up with. People are paying absurd amounts for TIP CDs lately! I wish I could get that amount for mine, erm, I could, but I don't want to :)

Anyways, for those curious at outrageous bids:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Various-3D-TIP-Records...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Astral-Projection-Trus...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beyond-Colour-CD-1998-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hahaha, I hope some of you find this just as amusing as I do. *grin*

Aaron

I know, it is kinda ridiculous, but on a personal level it's rather comforting as I have those three CD's and a wealth of equally rare CD's.

I suppose if someone pays £50 for a rare CD who's to say they don't get £50 of enjoyment from it?

I know, it is kinda ridiculous, but on a personal level it's rather comforting as I have those three CD's and a wealth of equally rare CD's.

I suppose if someone pays £50 for a rare CD who's to say they don't get £50 of enjoyment from it?

392086[/snapback]

You do have a point, Charlie. I suppose. I just think it's fun to watch when with enough alotted time, you can get them for much cheaper. :) I guess, I see the space pussy single up to 50 when just a few weeks ago it sold for 8 bucks hehe. I don't know, this is one of those topics where it's just here for the amusement of those who have various CDs that they paid next to nothing for :):):)))) and we can watch those others who are willing to give up what I would call a life savings for them!

Ahhhhhh...It's just so nice, sometimes :)

Aaron

You do have a point, Charlie.  I suppose.  I just think it's fun to watch when with enough alotted time, you can get them for much cheaper.  :)  I guess, I see the space pussy single up to 50 when just a few weeks ago it sold for 8 bucks hehe.  I don't know, this is one of those topics where it's just here for the amusement of those who have various CDs that they paid next to nothing for :):):)))) and we can watch those others who are willing to give up what I would call a life savings for them!

Ahhhhhh...It's just so nice, sometimes :)

Aaron

392089[/snapback]

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLUE-COMPILATION-hallu...1QQcmdZViewItem

Who's this fighting for another TIP release ...and willing to eat salami for both lunch and dinner all next month in order to pay for the CD? :lol::lol:

my brother once explained to me why this is possible:

those people just earn so much money that for the time they need to find the CD cheaper they would get paid ten times its price when they work for the time instead - so they work and don't seek for the cheap one in their time and so they can afford to pay the price...

somewhat like that it works...

But I agree, it's fun to watch the auctions when you have one or more CDs for yourself and got them for a bread with butter compared to the prices the people pay there in those auctions :D

And you know what your stuff is potentially worth :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLUE-COMPILATION-hallu...1QQcmdZViewItem

Who's this fighting for another TIP release ...and willing to eat salami for both lunch and dinner all next month in order to pay for the CD?  :lol:  :lol:

392310[/snapback]

Haha, visine! I just scored 3 of the releases, yeah. I know! I'm just saying, the easier found ones I've picked up for ~5-10 bucks a pop going for 60-70, and I don't find it easier finding these nippon crown releases. :-P I'm kind of hating this CD thing because vinyl seems to go for so much less :-D And I like that!

Heheh! But I just want to finish my nippon crown collection! I can't find blue anywhere else and I don't remember seeing it in the past (not that I looked very hard!)

I made plenty of money on my record auctions too to supply the money for these. Way more monies than I expected from spending 300 bucks and earning back 170 of it on less than 1/4th of the LPs I scored for the deal :-D So, I have money to throw away!!! :):):))) My ignorance is another man's bliss.

Aaron

I was a bit bummed to see Astral and Beyond Colour shoot up so much over the past few days - I was planning to bid since I've almost got a complete TIP collection (but missing these), but at these prices I'll pass. I have both on vinyl anyway, and I have the Substance CD version of the astral album, so it's just for collection purposes. That money will be better spent on other discs.

However, I am VERY confused over the price for 3D - that's not even the first edition! I can see the original custom sleeve go for a lot (it's very cool), but this? It's nuts.

BTW I have 3D first TIP edition, second TIP edition, TIP promo, japanese edition, and TIP triple vinyl =) I think it's my record for trance, 5 versions of the same album...