Both Anyone???

Guest Full Lotus

I've seen alot of 'talk' on this forum about full-on/melodic/psy vs progressive/minimal etc etc etc...My question is who likes both??? Just curious to know, as I can't be bothered to search through all the previous discussions...(I like both by the way)

Guest phaeton

yeah i definitely like both too .. actually my taste is not limited at all by styles, i just like what i like ;) and there's something i like in pretty much every kind of music ... imo these names should be used only loosely as communicative terms and not as a means of excluding music that doesn't fit under a certain description ...

I like it all too... Infact, I like pretty much ALL musical genres... Well, not ALL genres, but a lot... I couldn't imagine limiting myself to only one genre... Imagine how boring it would be EXCLUSIVELY listening to rap... Pheew... Psy is my fav'e though!

DP

NP: Reefer Decree - Curved Air

Guest >>>flo3>>&

IMO its not different genres or styles...it's just goa, that became psytrance when it spread over th globe, i don't see 2 kinds of it but 3:

minimal

medimal

maximal

that's all...you can say i want an enourmous huge big t-shirt or an XL...just shorter no? :)

XL, Small, medium....with psy full-coloured prints or just minimally one colour with "V" neck...thats all t-shirts!

maximal crazy weird freaking stuff or minimal industrial monotone material...that's all psy!

the one i prefer is the psychedelic medimal with an intense beat and a funky vibe and very few breaks,but all are good 4 sure and all toghether form the best music around now

:F

i like them both.

i lean a bit more towards minimal, but full on is always fun too.

i like full on for dancing and minimal for my journeys.

but they are easily swithched.

dancing to minimal is cool

trancing to full on is cool.

id makes no real difference.

Guest goannes

like 'm both too,

full-on at its best and pro at its best, and that sound in between in them (many trax, many sounds that are difficult give a name to, just that feeling...) u know?

Guest Mike D

Love 'em both. It all depends on my mood for the day, sometimes I need real energetic music to keep me going, so out comes some pumping full on style music. Somedays I feel like travelling back in time so out comes the earlier 303 filled goa, other days I just fell like having beats on, not so much melodies, so on comes some more minimal type stuff, some days I want so groovy housey stuff so out comes son kite/flying rhino and finally, like now, after working five night in a row and all day, I feel like pumping out osme hcilled music, not so much to realax to, but just because hard bass beats are not anything I want!! It is all about moods and being open to all music. Hell, the other day I just listened to the Prodigy all day and Jimi Hendrix all night, neede to get away from pure electronic goa type music for a day hehe!!