labels interacting with their costumers

RAH

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

i don't know if i'm in the topic or not but i find interesting the Squaremeat-Exogenic's case: for their last album, with the bought album you can access to 8 true supplementary bonus tracks ^_^.

Anyway, that's my long answer. ;)

384731[/snapback]

ok, i don't have time to read all now *has a lot of work and deadline in 3 hours*

but when we purchase a CD online, doesn't the price include also the mailing cost? the expedition of that CD? and i noticed some labels that say "you can buy straight from us".

you cannot compare psy labels with big commercial labels.

each label has to find its own strategy for sales, according to their possibilities, according to their market. when you can't influence, you have to adjust, even if only "apparently".

surely you cannot follow Sony, BMG 's marketing strategies, cause they have the financial support to apply their theory.

let's not forget that psy is not commercial .. they have different markets ... so they can't do what Eminem does with his label.

if you paint Raja Ram in black, send him to the gym, put "hoes" around him, throw him in a sexi car and call him 50 Ram, he won't sell more. 50 Cent does.

i can only hope for positive thinking though.

anyway, more after i read Fluffy's post properly.

also, i heard that in Brasil the average salary is 400-500 USD per month.

so i suppose they're not massive CDs buyers either. right?

oh well .. another useless post ...

384488[/snapback]

400-500 USD = now that BRL/USD = 2.20 ---> 880/1100 Reais.

NOT TRUE!!!!!

For example.. If you work as a bar tender/Mc Donald's Cashier you will probably earn 400-500 reais a month... so.. 181-230 USD/month... or to make it worse 150-200 euros.

Minimum wage = 300 reais/month (136 USD/115 EUR)

An average person that has just gotten a univerisity degree (22-25 years old) would earn the average 600-800 USD/month...

Now you guys know why the majority of the people in Brazil live with their parents until they get married and stuff...

AND why piracy plays a MAJOR role here in the industry.. just today I read an article in the news paper saying over 2500 CD stores shut down in the past few years.. only major stores still operate..

FYI: McDonalds Meal = 9-10 Reais, Monthly Rent 1-bedroom in good area = 300-500 reais, bus ticket = 1,60-2 reais, beer @ a bar = 2.5-7 reais, ciggies pack = 2-3 reais

The amount of money you got for a track on a compilation is the same amount of money you get for working the cashregister at your local supermarket on a saturday.  :rolleyes:

384531[/snapback]

!!!

I continually wonder why no one is talking about dumping the old century label hierarchy altogether. The money is no longer in the releases - it's in the gigs. An alternate model for a modern movement is one where music is freely distributed by digital means and revenue is generated through live shows and performance.

There will always be a place for traditional labels and marketing and people in the "business" of psytrance, but I think it's about time that people capitalized on the immense publishing powers offered by current technology to break out of the old patterns and start something new. It seems that the Scandinavians and Finns are the only ones riding this wavelength, and I give them big respect for that.

Free the music! :ph34r:

Hm.. offtopic: very curious about the new sandman tracks on the new TIP compilation, i hope they won't suck this time, but oh well... <_<

Considering how TIPWorld milks every artist they can for a collaboration with Alien "couldn't produce a song alone to save his life" Project, I'm sure we can expect to see an Alien Sandman CD in the next year. :P

But I have high hopes for the Sandman material. I heard some samples about 3 years back when he was shopping around his "Alternative" album and they were really great.

Considering how TIPWorld milks every artist they can for a collaboration with Alien "couldn't produce a song alone to save his life" Project, I'm sure we can expect to see an Alien Sandman CD in the next year. :P

But I have high hopes for the Sandman material.  I heard some samples about 3 years back when he was shopping around his "Alternative" album and they were really great.

385054[/snapback]

3 years :lol: have you heard his track on the last TIP compilation? horrible happy and fluffy standard full-on :(

http://217.160.71.18/f/tip/tip1cd041t8.m3u

3 years :lol: have you heard his track on the last TIP compilation? horrible happy and fluffy standard full-on :(

http://217.160.71.18/f/tip/tip1cd041t8.m3u

385059[/snapback]

KIIIIILLLLLAAAAAGGGGHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :P

The stuff going on in the high end in that sample is OK, but that bassline.....sounds vaguely familiar. Like I've heard it somwhere before..... <_< I really wonder sometimes if Raja Ram sends artists some superkillaggrh pre-set package with all of the killlar TIPWorld basslines (all ONE of them) as soon as they sign with the label. I think I actually saw a synth once that had the "TIPWorld" button on it. It caused a hole to open up and feces to spew forth all over the thing. :ph34r: