fullon

the music style is called 'morning fullon' not fullon crap  ;)

feeling a bit godfather today  :P

will it be fullon, so then will it be fullon... don't like it... your problem  :D

380866[/snapback]

will some1 explain once all those tearms u use, for example, wtf is morning fullon, night fullon. hell what is full on

380915[/snapback]

start a new thread about this subject I'll explain when I have the time  ;)

380975[/snapback]

ure wish is my command

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this is what I wrote in the thread !

very short...

old skool or goatrance is all goa created before 1999... it's mostly melodic and hasn't got a strong bassline... their exist old skool that is more minimal what we used to call minimal back in the days  ;)

new school are artist who create goa nowdays but with the forumula of old skool back in the days....

minimal became progressive around 2000 - 2001.... pure bassline no melodies but progressive evolved into more melodic progressive like we experience progressive today....

fullon has also been old skool... the first fullon artist like xerox, freeman, talamasca created fullon < 2000 that was just goatrance but faster and more melodic...

fullon evolved too ... in the year 2003 a new forumula arrived what would chance the psy scéne forever.... fullon became a style on its own and nowaydays almost all melodic is fullon... very strong bassline.... typical bassline you recognize directly... fast melodic psy sound and a big climax at the end...

psytrance started late 1999 coming up... also melodic but the didn't start directly with waves but more psychedelic little sounds and a big climax at the end....

1993 - 1999 = goatrance was mainstream

2000 - 2002 = psytrance was mainstream

2003 - 2005 = fullon is mainstram

I could write a thousand pages about this evolution I experienced but this should help you out  ;)

I must say nowdays all the subgenres are getting together...

the newschoolers are creating harder goatance basslines...

Fullon artist use progressive elements...

Progressive artist use more melodic elements...

it's started... all subgenres are coming together and let's hope quality is the end...

within 5 years all those subgenres will be almost gone and only good and bad goa will exist imo...

EDIT : if you want examples from sub genres cause you don't know just PM

319192[/snapback]

but I will gave you the link too but because people had other vision too and that's alos important...

link to that thread !

other links to fullon threads...

what is fullon thread link !

but I don't think you will find much value information there...

So what is this Full On stuff anyways? link !

here are some recommandations ;) link !

I hope I helped you out a bit, lot's of stuff to read... if you need more info

just ask ! ;)

Ov3rdos3, vitali,qa2pir please respect newcommers there was a time you didn't know what fullon was too, don't forget that ;)

positive grtz koen

god, if i hear this question one more time....

OK:

this is the best discription of full on i know:

[kick][bass][bass][bass][....*repeat*....]

381332[/snapback]

[kick][bass][shit sound][bass][bass][shit vocal with synthstop][shit synthquality][....*repeat*....]

[kick][bass][shit sound][bass][bass][shit vocal with synthstop][shit synthquality][....*repeat*....]

381343[/snapback]

mmmmmm I don't hear the word shit when I listen to fullon sorry...

I think you should buy a new soundsystem :P

you wanna recognise full on, but you're not familiar with technical terms and elements in music production? here's the answer!

full on equals full power. the bassline is strong, the kicks are not ignorable, cause the're loud. the rythm is faster than regular trance. in goa tracks, the kicks are softer, trancier, the accent is put more on melodies and other elements that add into a trip/journey through the track.

full power bass lines always existed probably. but lately more and more artists used these powerful kicks in their music, with the intention of making dance floor music.

why? one answer could be the fact that CD sales were not so good, but the number of parties and festivals have increased. those require dance floor music.

this way we have in the scene .. many artists that produce full on psytrance ... in a big group there will always be artists who will make themselves noticed by succeeding to produce good music, or by succeeding to produce bad music.

so yes, full on has developed into a label for certain type of psytrance, it has become a style, a subgenre of psytrance. we, however, have divided full-on style into good full-on (music quality is high and originality is underlined, hehe), and bad full-on (which we hate, cause all tracks and artists in this cathegory sound the same).

full-on is bad, mkay?

381396[/snapback]

there exist good fullon... I'm a big old skool fan but I tell you I have good fullon...

it's not the concept fullon that is bad, it's just you not finding the best fullon :P

sorry mate but I found it :D

there exist good fullon... I'm a big old skool fan but I tell you I have good fullon...

it's not the concept fullon that is bad, it's just you not finding the best fullon  :P

sorry mate but I found it  :D

381399[/snapback]

i know dude, imjust kidding. i have some wicked full-on that i listen to as well. there is good full on out there, but most of it is just god-aweful.

i know dude, imjust kidding. i have some wicked full-on that i listen to as well. there is good full on out there, but most of it is just god-aweful.

381402[/snapback]

if you're kidding..

advice one : use smileys ;)

and you were bashing of all the fullon... so that's why my reply...

peace ;)

I'll write my 2 cents why I find Full ON predictable, boring and nothing whatsoever to do with trance. And please bare in mind it is my personal opinion and as such it can not be flamed. Taste is taste even though there are a few facts that need to be pointed out here.

Let's take a good look at the word "trance".

Trance is about getting into a stage of trance = in a dream like state caused by repetetive beats as mankind have done throught the world since we could communicate.

Now al ready here we have a huge problem when it come to Full On. 99.9% of Full On, nahh lets be honest now...100%, I have heard does not live up to that criteria. Full On use long breaks and build-ups, fast stressed basslines, anthem like melodies (many very fluffy) and that will instantly break any state of trance a person might be in. Even though I doubt that people listening to this kind of music at all know what it will say to be in a state of trance caused by music.

Then we got the whole psychedelic factor. I fail 100% to see anything psychedelic in Full On. It's electronic pop music at best and have much more to do with Scooter and alikes than anything to do with psychedelic trance. Again I doubt any or very little Full On will ever be able to make people trip out unless they are on x exacterated number of pills and various artificial chemicals.

The bottomline is that Full On has nothing to do with psychedelic trance. Yet Full On is the main genre in the psychedelic trance scene. Now how weird and silly is that?

Rain: the concept is bad!

i mean, trance in general gives little room for imagination and innovation but full-on requires a certain type of bassline even. and the tempo is extremely limited.

but the music can be nice.

The bottomline is that Full On has nothing to do with psychedelic trance.

381421[/snapback]

:lol: kris...

overreacting again... I'll give you a link were you say that to me 1 year agoo that the new fullon formula isn't that differnet from all the old skool sounds...

and now you're saying it has nothing to do with psychedelic trance...

I remember kris, don't underestimate me...

searching link now and will edit post :D

EDIT

this is what you wrote kris and I didn't agree back then

Not really true. There were many before him.  Basically most Full On artists that have seen the light these days are all clones of older Astral Projection and MFG and not to forget GMS.

I fail to see anything new in almost all the Full ON acts. Maybe it's because I have heard it all since 1994.  Many newcommers seem to believe that it's a new and revolutionary sound... It's really not that new and revolutionary. Just take Infected.  People praise them for their unique sound... What unique sound?  They make music thats sound extemely close to Astral, MFG, GMS and acid lines as good old Green Nun Of The Revolution made it.  Where's the news in that?

If people bothered to go a little back in our scenens history they would discover that most of todays music is a repetition of older bands just wrapped in a better sound blanket. But because there are so many untalented wannabe Bedroom "producers" the majority of the music only fit the trashcan and make the older music seem much more creative and interesting.

197285[/snapback]

here's the link !

click !

Surely it doesn't matters if something is progressive, full on, old-skool, new-age, minimal or whatever. What matters is if a piece of music touches your heart, head or soul.

Music is music and I have little regard for 'labels'.

:lol: kris...

overreacting again... I'll give you a link were you say that to me 1 year agoo that the new fullon formula isn't that differnet from all the old skool sounds...

and now you're saying it has nothing to do with psychedelic trance...

I remember kris, don't underestimate me...

searching link now and will edit post  :D

381428[/snapback]

Full on has nothing to do with psytrance and the """melodies""" are worse, too. Listen to every psychedelic radio and you can hear that there´s no one good full on track, and with full on you can damage your speakers because the hard kicks and so on. You alzo can hear full on on the cheapest 20€ computerspeakers without subwoofer buecause the quality of the music is so poor that it is the same if you listen it with 2000€ or 20 € speakers. I can´t believe that the soundquality is so poor.

and with full on you can damage your speakers because the hard kicks and so on.

381433[/snapback]

yeah....if you have an awefully crap sound system.....

btw....you are speaking a lot of monkey-piddle. full on sound the same in quality on 20 euro speakers as apposed to 2000 euro speakers???

yeah....

Full on has nothing to do with psytrance and the """melodies""" are worse, too. Listen to every psychedelic radio and you can hear that there´s no one good full on track, and with full on you can damage your speakers because the hard kicks and so on. You alzo can hear full on on the cheapest 20€ computerspeakers without subwoofer buecause the quality of the music is so poor that it is the same if you listen it with 2000€ or 20 € speakers. I can´t believe that the soundquality is so poor.

381433[/snapback]

psychedelic radios :lol: , you are basing your statement on psychedelic radio's ROLFT...

bad quality ... so you say fullon has bad quality... a genre has bad quality ????

only releases or artist can have bad quality but not an entire genre...

jezus man... who teached you that nonsense :lol:

will some1 explain once all those tearms u use, for example, wtf is morning fullon, night fullon. hell what is full on

please join part 2 of "Explanations and definitions of music - the moni style":

.. experiment: take a full-on party for example .. you have to see the music and the mood at a party as a curve .. it starts from around 0 .. it goes up .. arrives at the climax and stays there for a few hours .. and then it changes its course to going down .. till the end of the party.

Let's see. the party begins ... it starts with a dj who does the warm up. the warm up of your brain and the warm up of your body. his music is dancy, but not crazy-dancy. you can choose to dance during the warm-up sets, or to drink, smoke, talk. warm-up just builds you up till the next level ... deep in the night .. other djs or live'acts are next .. everybody is warmed up, ready to go wild, ready to waste energy on the floor, ready to get their grooves on.

so the night full on is taking over the place now. the music can go wild now, it can be twisted, loud, melodic, dark, psychedelic, mind-blowing it can even make you scream ... cause your brain and body can take it. you want more.

after many hours of dancing like crazy and tripping and smiling and screaming and all, the morning comes ... surely every party has its end. some people are still in the trippy mood, still dancing, some are more chilly, maybe a little tired. so the morning trance or morning full on comes in. this one is more melodic, it gives you 2 options: dance like crazy non-stop, or take a break and chill, drink something, hydrate your body, cruise some girls, trip, etc. or both :P

thank god for morning music, else imgine how parties would be: mad music all night and then music stops and you have to go home. kinda brutal, isn't it?

there is nothing sweeter than laying in the grass and enjoying some morning trance (or morning full-on if you want). your mind is still dancing, but your body needs a rest.

so in the end the curve has come down again, the party is over, but the people are satisfied ...

yeah....if you have an awefully crap sound system.....

btw....you are speaking a lot of monkey-piddle. full on sound the same in quality on 20 euro speakers as apposed to 2000 euro speakers???

yeah....

381437[/snapback]

Posted Image

My soundsystem is good, that´s not the problem, every musicgenere sounds good with it but if the artists make it to sound worse, then full on sounds worse.

He's quite right, cause many fullon tracks have kicks that cover the entire sound spectrum... so the kick will sound loud even on 2 $ speakers :P

381440[/snapback]

sorry I have a sound card of 200 euro and B&W speakers... so can't follow :lol::PB););)

Posted Image

this pic doesn't say anything about your soundsystem... I see no proper soundsystem at all... to be honest ....