New Ticon

thebadtrip

np: The Analogue H

oh dear what a track!  :D

this track makes me think that maybe this album deserves a review :P

387329[/snapback]

I allmost flipped out when i couldn't figure where the melody was taken from in Analogue H, and everybody just talked about some other Ticon track that has similiar melodies with a Son Shite track, but not about this track. :)

Anyway.. if someone else is interested i stumbled in our israelian brothers hood on a topic and found out that the melody is from Union Jack - Cactus. One of my all time fave tracks also..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

np: The Analogue H

oh dear what a track!  :D

this track makes me think that maybe this album deserves a review :P

387329[/snapback]

It's a great dance floor track ;)

I allmost flipped out when i couldn't figure where the melody was taken from in Analogue H, and everybody just talked about some other Ticon track that has similiar melodies with a Son Shite track, but not about this track.  :)

Anyway.. if someone else is interested i stumbled in our israelian brothers hood on a topic and found out that the melody is from Union Jack - Cactus. One of my all time fave tracks also..

387334[/snapback]

I'll see if I can find tha tune! Swwweeeetttt :lol:

that was me on isratrance, analogue H is using the melody from cactus. BTW, the Union Jack album "There will be no Armageddon" is still one of the best albums of all time, its the record that got me into trance music in the first place, i recommend everyone to check it out!! now im still waiting for the remix of Red Herring, if i could choose an artist to do it Id choose Freq, his style would fit perfectly.

Ok, Dj Buju = GHS. How obious. Should have know. hehe.

There Will Be No Armageddon is ranked very high on my "all-time-top" list also. Shame that they didn't release more tracks & albums.

I think it's the most violated album in the psynews reviews lists imo as it's not ranked as a classic (red).. But that's another story.

I have heard one remix of Red Herring, but it was just some amateur remix i found in dc++ that sounded pretty shitty.. Some artist in izrahood once said he's working on a remix on Red Herring that should have been released somewhere.. but i don't think i ever heard more about it after that.

Ok, Dj Buju = GHS. How obious. Should have know. hehe.

There Will Be No Armageddon is ranked very high on my "all-time-top" list also.  Shame that they didn't release more tracks & albums.

I think it's the most violated album in the psynews reviews lists imo as it's not ranked as a classic (red).. But that's another story.

I have heard one remix of Red Herring, but it was just some amateur remix i found in dc++ that sounded pretty shitty.. Some artist in izrahood once said he's working on a remix on Red Herring that should have been released somewhere.. but i don't think i ever heard more about it after that.

387543[/snapback]

no, Aje=GHS, look at the signature :P

Guest Astro Cortex

The hype really seems justified here. Ticon have matured and you can hear that. There's a nice variation thoughout the album, at least more than there was in Rewind (which I still love as well, I've never heard Aero though). 'Six Years After' and 'Rip it up' impressed me the most. And I have to admit the Union Jack rip-off is really well done too (I wonder if it even was intentional, but I guess so :huh: ).

This is very likely to be the first newly released 'psy' CD that I'll buy in a long long time (together with the latest Beat Bizarre). It's nice to see that the prog artists still manage to pruduce high-quality and intelligent stuff, unlike the majority of today's psytrance scene :)