Psytrance Vs. Chill-Out/Ambient

Lets hear it - are you currently more into Psytrance or various types of Chill-out/Ambient music?

I've been more into Chill-out albums recently, but I'm sure I'll soon return to Psytrance being my music of choice, now that I have an account at Saikosounds (i'll try trancetrax.com next).

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

and your recent favorites? from both?

Guest FSOL

I'm getting more into chill-out and drum&bass, I'm pretty bored at most of the psytrance nowdays.

Favourite chill-out albums are from Banco de Gaia, Shpongle, MOTY, The Infinity Project and of course FSOL

Guest eris

i agree with you FSOL,i'm heading the same way with my tastes as well.what i mean is that i'll be more choosey [not cheesey!]with what i buy in the psytrance genre as well as the parties i attend[although i'm looking 4ward to the outside uk parties if the summer ever arrives!]

btw have you heard the latest 'amorphous androgynous' cd ? i picked up a promo the other day--great production of course,but garry c. has started singing on half the tracks--bad news! -spoilt it for me.

PLUR

Guest carbon

since the last year or so, i've been 90% into ambient and 5% trance, but now that summer's here i guess its somewhere around 75% trance... what caused the change? human blue, logic bomb, astrix, electric universe...

cd

Guest ZaRAMaTU

Hmmm...hard to say.

60%-70% chill-out / downbeat / dub / acid-jazz / lounge / trip-hop / ambient

20%-30% various (for example spacemusic, drum'n'bass, kraut / spacerock, new age, IDM, breakbeat and more...)

10% psytrance

Guest Joker

If you are more into Ambient, check out "Life is" for example which is truly a "Piece of Art" in that genre !

It is far better than Shpongle IMHO

And the sequel (Another Life) is coming this month on BNE/Yoyo, compiled again by DJ Eyal Yankovich

i´m definitely more into psy than ambient/chill-out. i have only three or four downtempo albums and about 100 or i don´t know how much psy albums. and at the moment there is so much great stuff coming out: full on 6, human blue....

np: tiziano ferro - xdono

Guest didge

isn't it funny that out of about 10 replies to a thread on ambient vs psy on a psytrance site, there is only 2 that like psy better at the moment...

maybe we're all at the wrong site!

nah, but for me I've been listening to ambient much more than psy for six months now - but I still love my trance

Guest Mike D

Hmm, I have listened to louds of ambient, but always at nitetime in bed reading a good book. During the day it is 100% trance, it makes the day muchmor epositive for me

Fav. right now:

Chillout: Cornwall Eclipse, Mystery Of The Yeti 2, The Kumba Mela Experiment and the Flying Rhino Freestyl mixes from Re:Evolution 2 and 4.

Trance:3D Visons stuff, Pulse Vol. 11, Pulse Vol.6, Tantrance Vol.6, Wizzy Noise (both cd's), Astral Projection, MFG, GNOTR, Four Carry Nutz and The Mystery Of The 13 Crystal Skulls and Dimitri's DAT Bag oh and Logic Bomb - First Album, haven't got the second one y-et-i.

Guest sukanta

psytrance babyyyyyyyyyy

i listen to maybe 95% of psytrance and 5% of chill-out mostly when i have sex... rest of the time is psyyyyyyyy

full on all the time , progressive when i want to chill or when i'm tired , and chill-out before going to bed

recent favorites : logic bomb , gms , vaishyias , human blue , astrix , wizzy noise

boooooooom shankar

ummm

i listen to 70 % of ambiant/dub/ down T /experimantal stuff

20 % of psy ....very techno ...not very hard trance ..very techno style

10% of .............sonic youth for now :)) 10x load cunny....day dream nation is a very good album

and NYC gost ...is good too ^^

bom bom