I've made an Ambient mix

Guest Astro Cortex

Guest Astro Cortex

This is very good... nice calm atmosphere throughout!  B)

356940[/snapback]

yeehaaa, glad you like it :D

it is just that this is the music i have been listening to before i knew what psytrance was

356929[/snapback]

even Qubism and Modula Green? :P

Guest Astro Cortex

had a qubism album, the one with the lizard, no idea where it went, will start the search

356987[/snapback]

Wow, now I'm gobsmacked :o That one's pretty rare. Never thought anyone here could even spell Qubism :lol::P

I've chatted with the guy some time ago about it sounding a lot like Dreamfish, and he confirmed that it's sort of a Dreamfish ripoff. But IMO it's still a great album in its own right.

EDIT: To be more precise about the rip-off thingy: It's actually just that one track (Angels in t:me) that was inspired a bit by Dreamfish. You can read a Qubism interview here:

http://www.emit.cc/interview/2003-07-qubism.jsp

and our discussion here ;) :

http://www.emit.cc/forum/6843

never heard of modula green

356987[/snapback]

They made only one album too, and it's a very nice one:

http://www.discogs.com/release/52630

afaik one of the two guys, Peter Prochir (aka redruM) is the man behind the industrial/ambient project Sielwolf.

Edited by Astro Cortex

Guest Astro Cortex

I see 15 people downloaded the mix already, so I'd well appreciate some more feedback - be it positive or negative - about the music selection and my "mixing". Comments and suggestions are always welcome :)

wow... this is some serius chilling ambient right there... something i would personally play on the 12 hour of trip when all that remains is that quiet sense of nirvana and all you really feel like doing is pondering the world and it's possibilities.

a communion with the clouds... i didn't a agree with song or two there but obvious highlights in there (for me) blue calx and global communication. overall very dreamy stuff nearly beatless all the way thorugh. im putting this one on my re-listen listen stash when i have a bunch of greens im looking for something to pass out in the proper brain frame... it has that classic ambient feel... very nice mixing too... nice one

two thumbs up... give it a spin folks...

wow... this is some serius chilling ambient right there... something i would personally play on the 12 hour of trip when all that remains is that quiet sense of nirvana and all you really feel like doing is pondering the world and it's possibilities.

a communion with the clouds... i didn't a agree with song or two there but obvious highlights in there (for me) blue calx and global communication. overall very dreamy stuff nearly beatless all the way thorugh. im putting this one on my re-listen listen stash when i have a bunch of greens im looking for something to pass out in the proper brain frame... it has that classic ambient feel... very nice mixing too... nice one

two thumbs up... give it a spin folks...

358403[/snapback]

my words also...

btw maybe i would prefer it a bit darker at some points but that's just my taste ;)

You are still missing my comment cause I didn't pay for ADSL this month, I can't be bothered downloading for hours on normal line...:D

So, wait for a few more days, but you know it's good anyway...;)

TRACKLIST:

1. Dots (aka Atom Heart) - Spinout Segment

2. Aphex Twin - Blue Calx

3. Modula Green - Shellground

4. B12 - Infinite Lites (Primitives Mix)

5. Global Communication - 9 37

6. The Higher Intelligence Agency - Influx

7. Pete Namlook & Charles Uzzell-Edwards - Environment (twosevenzero)

8. David Moufang - In/Out

9. Qubism - Angels in t:me

10. Pete Namlook & DJ Brainwave - sorti destinatus

11. Tetsu Inoue & Carlos Vivanco - Plexus Solaris

356552[/snapback]

Nice tracklist, Ill dig out an old mix I did some time ago and post it here as well :)

I've listened to the mix, and I'm very impressed. Very very good tracks and quality mixing. Not surprising though as I know most of the artists (and some tracks) and know how good taste Astro Cortex have. ;) I'm not good at writing reviews, but I won't hesitate to recommend this to everyone into quality ambient music. Great job man! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Astro Cortex

certainly hope so

this one was amazing

beautiful

thx

384460[/snapback]

what plays at around 1 hour and 17 minutes?

thx

395243[/snapback]

Wow, nice to see you're still following my good old thread ;)

Well, you should know the track that plays at 1hr17mins. It's Qubism - Angels in t:me.

I think it's about t:me I make a second mix, probably this weekend or next week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...