voting for the best psy acts

What ever happened to the the psynews favorite tracks/artists voting part of this site. I figure it was just too much to maintain but I thought it was nice to see what tracks and artists people liked the most. I know there are some threads devoted to this but I would rather look at a chart then scroll through pages of posts. I think it would be cool if there was some way to create an open ended poll. So instead of having one person choose the possible artists to vote for people could continue to add artists to the poll over time. Obviously this would also require more than the 50 possible max choices that are allowed when creating a poll...and someone from the site management would have to help with that. But it doesn't seem like it would be too hard and I certainly think it would be fun. Anyway, I just wanted to through the idea out there.

Erik

it sounds great for sure, but there is no option to have more then 50 polls in this forum, and the site management can't change that :s

but maybe on some other site there is?

Or maybe some lunatic on this site is willing to write down all the top 5's of people down on his computer and afterwards tell us who won? (maybe we can write a top 5, first = 5 points, 2 = 4, 3=3 etc)

that would be really cool!

don't mean to create more work... but wouln't it be more interesting if people submitted say 5 acts from different sub-categories... like progressive and hmm.. dark... or forest or whatever is called this week

wouln't mind helping out a bit with the project as im unployed again this month and alternatively i would be willing to host it too...

that would be really cool!

don't mean to create more work... but wouln't it be more interesting if people submitted say 5 acts from different sub-categories... like progressive and hmm.. dark... or forest or whatever is called this week

wouln't mind helping out a bit with the project as im unployed again this month and alternatively i would be willing to host it too...

346510[/snapback]

i disagree with dividing trance up into different subgenres, as ppl would put the same tracks or albums into different categories.

downbeat vs trance would work though

i am not saying this only because i have volunteered, i actually believe the reasons i have brought forward.

i disagree with dividing trance up into different subgenres, as ppl would put the same tracks or albums into different categories.

downbeat vs trance would work though

i am not saying this only because i have volunteered, i actually believe the reasons i have brought forward.

346587[/snapback]

well i guess besides having more work on your shoulders, 5 slots should be enough to group all this subcategories... it is only 2005 after all :P

well i guess besides having more work on your shoulders, 5 slots should be enough to group all this subcategories... it is only 2005 after all  :P

346590[/snapback]

I suggest posting more than just the 2005 favourites. What is the last year the polls appear on psynews (not the forum i mean)?

• 2 weeks later...

Cool.

I am glad there are other people excited about doing this out there. I am too busy right now with school to help with compiling everyones top songs/albums/artists right now. However, if one or several of you guys replying would still like to do so I would recommend starting a new thread asking people to submit their picks.

Hope to see it happen

Erik