Mexican Trance (part 2)

Basilisk

There's a LOT of mexican trance releases out there... I mean, just a huge assortment of artists and releases on various labels. Perhaps surprisingly, I've never really been grabbed by any one song - am I just not looking hard enough? Recommend a few actual tracks that stand out from the bunch, if you can! Most of the groups I've heard sound like watered down GMS clones, and the progressive tends to be that sticky Germanic style with more punch than depth... so where are the hits?

The problem with most psy trance acts is they are all AP records material, so if you're not into it is a bit hard... but Maia records is not half bad...

from my past/present list:

- Mayan Complex

- Smuhg - it's alright a bit uplifting, but let's give the kid a break he's like 20...

- Shove

- Mexican Trance Mafia (- Aquario - from Holographic memory was pretty nice)

most of it is full on material, and at this poin in time is turning a bit jaded though...

like Sharigrama with their debut album... which was a big dissapointment

i could write D-Tek, but he is not a fav.

one of the best Mexican up-'n-cummers probably are "skunks of satan"... they produce darker than dark darkpsy, uncomparable with the happy and commercial GMS-rip-offs most Mexican artists flood us with!!! Their psytrance can be better compared with the Russian or Macedonian dark releases!

only one problem... as far as I know, skunks of satan haven't released any traxx officialy... so finding their music is muy difficult, although findable somewhere on the net!!!

ps. in my opinion is everything released on "psycomex" pretty depressing stuff... too happy, too little psychedelic, too commercial!!!

one of the best Mexican up-'n-cummers probably are "skunks of satan"... they produce darker than dark darkpsy, uncomparable with the happy and commercial GMS-rip-offs most Mexican artists flood us with!!! Their psytrance can be better compared with the Russian or Macedonian dark releases!

only one problem... as far as I know, skunks of satan haven't released any traxx officialy... so finding their music is muy difficult, although findable somewhere on the net!!!

ps. in my opinion is everything released on "psycomex" pretty depressing stuff... too happy, too little psychedelic, too commercial!!!

315095[/snapback]

look who's here my friend ;)

welcome at www.psynews.be...

a goa forum where they actually do discuss about goa... strange to hear for a belgium person :lol:

so what happened to these cats?? no new releases since 2003  :(

315102[/snapback]

no idea I met first hearing the track on the album you recommeded me and searched for an ablum on only found a promo that's all...

nothing new since then I saw :(

There's a LOT of mexican trance releases out there... I mean, just a huge assortment of artists and releases on various labels. Perhaps surprisingly, I've never really been grabbed by any one song - am I just not looking hard enough? Recommend a few actual tracks that stand out from the bunch, if you can! Most of the groups I've heard sound like watered down GMS clones, and the progressive tends to be that sticky Germanic style with more punch than depth... so where are the hits?

315064[/snapback]

My opinion exactly.

I have only found one interesting act so far: Xibalba.

A handful of official releases and a promo album on the file sharing networks.

I think you might find their progressive music interesting.

Why didnt I know about this thread before? yeah, mexican psytrance is getting bigger and bigger, there is a lot of underground talent and most guys making releases are sadly now doing full on, xibalba is good, you might recognize other fellow mexican psytrancers like sharigrama, d-tek, mexican trance mafia, vazik, teen sluts...

but if you really want something different not quite in the psytrance side, try nortec

Experimental electronica from tijuana (mex-us border), they use samples of local regional street musicians and twist them to create a very unique sound. definatelly I recommend their music.

316081[/snapback]

Where can that be found? Could be interesting...

As for the mexipsy, Xibalba has a few moments but it's still falling into that 'more punch than depth' category for the most part...

I'm just shocked that I can't find one really lovable track from an entire country :huh: