RECYCLE OR DIE

1. MAN IN THE MACHINE

2. PASSION AND HOPE

3. MAYA & ALIENS

4. AFRICAN MARCHE

5. HARMONIX

6. CLOSED EYE VIEW

OMG !

This is Stevie Be Zet first official album and it is pure bliss. This not so long, precise journey is so beautifully constructed that it is already among best ambient albums of all time.

It sounds EXACTLY as the title suggests; deep, droning, arhcaic harmonies stretched all around, giving you incredible psychedelic effect. Mesmerising ! This is the stuff just the way I like it, spiritual, profound and very deep.

MAN IN THE MACHINE is long, utopian piece of artistry. It has incredible structure: smooth, liquid droned delicacy. One of the best on album. It is the longest one, over 13 minutes and it just goes and goes, slowly entrancing you through delicate ambience.

PASSION AND HOPE goes more melodic, and what melodies it has ! Enchanting, gentle music is amazingly arranged to make you cozy for your tripping, and again pretty psychedelic ambience he is presenting. Yummy!

MAYA & ALIENS is actually the best track here. INCREDIBLE...this song alone is worth the whole, album actually...dreamy, generic pads are mixed with incredible alien effects and sounds...it is too bloody good actually...Chewin'

AFRICAN MARCHE is as title suggest, tribal and more concrete than the rest of the album but pretty good. You can hear true tribal spirit there. It is also very gentle structured with some trippy parts as well.

HARMONIX is another melodic, harmonical utopia. Also slow, droning and smooth this songs just goes forever, being over 10 minutes long, it drags and doesn't put you down for a second.

CLOSED EYE VIEW is second best here...Ahhh ! We have here trancey melodies and feel, with trancey rhythm following incredible melodies also splashed everywhere flying around like free radicals, trancing you to the maximum.

All in all, PERFECT ambient journey...couldn't get better than this actually....10/10 for sure

Guest Kai-Q

Yeess this one of my favorit ambient albums on RoD. :D

Sorry for my pipsqueaking, but this album was Steffen Britzke's first and only ambient album, under the synonym Stevie Be Zet. ;)

The first Album with the synonym B-Zet was When I see... ;)

And both Album's was the only two Album what he released. What a crap. :(

Now he is writting and producing together with Matthias Hoffmann (Cygnus X/Brainchild) and Ralf Hildenbeutel (Earth Nation), under their company Schallbau, german and international popacts like Yvonne Catterfeld, Laith Al-Deen, Randy Crawford and Simon Collins. What a waste of their talents. <_<:angry:

Now he is writting and producing together with Matthias Hoffmann (Cygnus X/Brainchild) and Ralf Hildenbeutel (Earth Nation), under their company Schallbau, german and international popacts like Yvonne Catterfeld, Laith Al-Deen, Randy Crawford and Simon Collins. What a waste of their talents. <_<:angry:

302118[/snapback]

:o

WTF ? I can't believe they 'sold' too...It seems that Oliver Lieb is the only guy that hasn't sold himself from all of them... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeess this one of my favorit ambient albums on RoD. :D

Sorry for my pipsqueaking, but this album was Steffen Britzke's first and only ambient album, under the synonym Stevie Be Zet. ;)

The first Album with the synonym B-Zet was When I see... ;)

And both Album's was the only two Album what he released. What a crap. :(

302118[/snapback]

That really is a shame. No wonder there isn't any good trance made anymore, when all the good producers goes over to pop..... :angry:

• 6 months later...

http://www.discogs.com/release/49197

Posted Image

Label: Recycle Or Die

Catalog#: ROD 005

Format: CD

Released: 1993

Genre: Ambient

=-= Tracklist =-=

1 Man In The Machine (13:18)

2 Passion And Hope (5:15)

3 Maya & Aliens (6:36)

4 African Marché (9:53)

5 Harmonix (10:19)

6 The Closed Eye View (9:44)

1 Man In The Machine (13:18)

Man In The Machine, starting track of the album, is an ethereal,dreamy piece of ambient with a liquid,smooth structure!

2 Passion And Hope (5:15)

Passion And Hope continues in the dreamy way, even more melodic though, with some pretty impostuous pads and effects and great variation and evolution.. Gets merely atmospheric and entrancing,hypnotic during the last minute.

3 Maya & Aliens (6:36)

Maya & Aliens clearly contains much more mystery and a feeling of getting to know the unknown at certain parts, still remaining a clean,calm,dreamy sound.. The track title clearly helps your imagination travel into the whole Maya & Aliens scenery...As the music progresses, the mystery is unrevealed ;)

4 African Marché (9:53)

African Marché morphs into a track with a very nice sense of rythm, having a bit of a tribal feeling without any percussions used though... :huh:

5 Harmonix (10:19)

Harmonix is a solid track, full of harmonic pads and nostalgic,melancholy-inducing melodies. Great structure as in all tracks of this album of course, and a general feeling of balance,harmony,equilibrum...

6 The Closed Eye View (9:44)

The Closed Eye View also follows the dreamy utopic hypnotic atmospheric soundscapes recipe of the album, the way this journey ends leaves you with a feeling of melancholy for getting out of the utopic realms you've been through...

Conclusion

Perfect, flawless album, clear production, certainly high quality especially taking into account it was released back in 1993, this sure has some place among the best beatless ambient ever..

Rating: 10/10

It's indeed a superb album. They don't make stuff like that anymore.

301894[/snapback]

hmm

i would say that fortunately there is still stuff made in less or more that style of ambient, and even higher quality...

check discography of Robert Rich, Vidna Obmana, Steve Roach, Vir Unis...

or some newers ambient artists such as Tom Heasley

or Terra Ambient

:)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...