Which country has the best Psy Trance artists?

Guest Shaq

For me, it has to be Sweden with artists such as Son Kite, Noma, Necton, S-Range, Atmos, Ticon...

Second would be Germany with X-Dream, M.O.S., Haldolium....

What do you think?

Guest Pswede

It's quite strange that Sweden has so MANY artists because there is like ONE partyplace in the entire Sweden that is legal. Dancing in Sweden is illegal according to the law (you must have a dancepermit from the police)....

But we've had some really great parties which has gotten more people to start making music.. Im ofcourse talking about the famous Kilsbergen parties where groups like Battle of the future buddhas, Little Blue men (Weardo Beardo), Hux Flux, Logic Bomb, etc etc started out....

Right now, Germany. :)

For X-dream and M.O.S.

Pswede,

You don't need a dancepermition for a small party.

and you seem to forget that a lot of clubs has psytrance

events too.

Just check all the parties at mandarins "festarkiv".

Not only Docklands, but most BIG parties are..

Guest Elysium Project

I do not think that there's such a thing like "a best country".

The cool thing about this kind of music is exactly that you do not need to focus on countries like in mainstream music. It dosen't matter where the music comes from since there's no local singing in trance. Anyway it can also be damn hard to tell where a track comes from.

Guest Chi-B.C.

I am from Sweden but I dont like the artists so much... Sure I do not dislike them and they have made some good tracks but they are just so common. Every track sounds the same and nothing innovative.

Israel & U.K. are the most important countries

Israel = astral, mfg, infected, space cat , power source, dark soho, shiva shidapu etc

UK = chi-ad, hallucinogen, shakta, mwnn, doof, cydonia etc

Guest Psychedellic Mempho

mexico is growing in the psychedellic scene

the truth is that mexico has (in my humble opinion)the best parties in the globe..........

there have been psy festivals in the aztec piramids, in the sunny beaches of cancun, in the depths of the sonora deserts( where peyote is found in great quntities). They are the best parties...to be true.

Mexico is creating good talents in music producing...but we are far from being in the same level as sweden and israel. Never the less...theres good proyects over here....

check out- d tek & dr panic: psychedelic cowboy

well, it all depends what kind of music you like. but i shure keep my eyes opern for new releases from english and israely artists!!

np: infected mushroom - where is s?

d tek & dr panic: psychedelic cowboy

It's just my opinion, but that song is SOOoooooooo cheesy!!

and just like the rest of the assassinations-cd I'm tired of hearing it on parties! ;-)

But I know Mexico has some great talents!

Bom!

Finland has soooo much talent these days... Holohedral, TF, Squaremeat, Pelinpala, Haltya, Kiwa, Mac Mavis, James Reipas, O-Men, GAD, Flouro Fantasy, Outolintu...

Guest Mike D

I don't think any country is partciularily the best, each country has there own kinda style. Take Israel, used to be the leaders in melodic oldscholl what with Astral, then in FullON with Psycraftt, I.M, Sandmand, Tandu, Psysex etc. and now hopefully they'll get out of the club sound and show us how to do minimal properly hehe, But also Europe has been amazing, Elysium, Hlauucinogen, Doof, Ticon, Son Kite, Wizzy Noise, The Flying Rhino Team, and Australia with it's largely acknowledge range of fraky shtie, but with Mr Peculiar and Fractal Glider showing we also know how to do the real hardcore thing!! Goa is such a worldwide music, and that is why it is so diverse in sound, because it has a little of something from everywhere!! I Love Goa mainly because it has a bit of something from every seen, from classical to housey stuff to breaks to rock to metal to grunge to just weird psycho sh!t, hehe I Love Goa music!!!

Guest shed

this music has no boundary but it has some taste depend on where theyr from..

personally i like french and denmark the best ( no 3d vision ahaha )

Guest bugbread

In principle I think that the country has little to do with the music...However, since a lot of artists being near eachother physically can meet up and switch around members and cross-polinate ideas, there is a certain amount of "regionalness" in sounds...Personally, my favorite right now is Finland. Israel, the U.K, and Germany also have some kick-ass artists, but they also have some really naff artists...I haven't really disliked anything from Finland, yet.

NP: Anthony Davis - Episteme

Guest tequila

France has a lot of good artists:

talamasca

nomad

absolum

psyside

neuromotor

biotonic

tripiatrik

paps

total eclipse

deedrah/synthetic

jaia

blue planet corp

bamboo forest

by the way, I agree with EP, looking at where the artists come from is useless as there's no lyrics in any psytrance tracks..

I disagree EP, now you have a valid point as there is no folk singer etc,... but like someone mentioned above, the networking between musicians shortens the learning curve.. for eg- one of my indian friends spent two weeks trying to figure out a simple application in reaktor.. finally he confronted me with the problem, i was able to ask other musician friends and this solved our problem... so i think that countries are very improtant maybe not in a folk syle sense, but in learning how to make good music... the rest like in any form of art is up to the artist himself...

Guest Elysium Project

I dont think you people got my point here. I will try to explain it better.

Yes some music sound like it's from Israel, Sweden, Germany ect. but the cool thing about this music and other instrumental music (compared to music where the singer sing in Swedish, German ect.) is that you never really know where the music come from! Be honest now people. If you got a tape with 10 tracks and noone told you who and where the music came from would you really be able to tell? I know I wouldn't! - Yes we would properly all know if it was Astral, Hallucinogen, Infected ect. But what about all the 99% other artists out there? That was my point. I am sure that you have to agree that you would not know exactly where the music came from! That's what makes this music so great! - It dosent't matter who made it and where it come from. All that matters is that it move something inside of you!

Guest JanUa

well Elysium ... *snifsnif* YOU moved something inside of ME :')

:-) ... good point ... universal feeling . . thats what it's all about . . were nothing but energy reacting to other energies . . . .

Guest hoffy

AUSTRALIA! Mr. Peculiar, Fractal Glider, Ollie Wisdom...... Rip Van Hippy.... umm... sugar?

ok there's not many but i thought i'd just add a bit of my own patriotic idiocy to the mix ;)

ps: EP's right, music is music, but artists who are in close proximity to eachother are obviously going to influence eachother, especially so when trance was first starting. That might explain why lots of israeli artists made melodic music, and how finnish music is commonly expected to be "quirky"...

pps: Sugar sucks ass.

Guest Defbydelta Aka: WoodWorma

France

israel

sweden

uk

Germay

russia

i think this countrys has the best artist for now..