From an asociate reviewer over at Sonic-Energy.net

go check it out ;)

Compilation: Lost Souls Depot

Label: Temple Twisters Records

Format: CD

Format: Country: India

Year: 2005

Posted Image

Before you even take the CD out of the case there are a few clues that this compilation has zero fluffy intent. There's that cover for a start, grinning statues en-masse taunting you from a nightmare landscape. Then there is the fact that the whole thing was mastered by Xenomorph, the fact that the BPM’s printed next to the tracks don't drop below 146 is another clue as are the track names themselves "Psycho Wars", "Doctor Satan"...Astrix this is not kiddies, this has the feel of an album that wants to kill you.

Starting out with the phenomenal “Lost Souls Depot” from Kerosense Club (146 BPM on G m), your suspicions are confirmed as a voice in the intro half chants half moans over delicious acid squirts and squelches and a bass line rumbling straight from Satan’s stomach after a night on tequila and Stella. Don't let yourself think that this somehow means the track isn't groovy though as it bounces along and just dares you not to move to it. Truly psychedelic madness with a "killer klown" thrown in for good measure.

The next track is Smigle by Kemical (150 BPM on E m) which goes a little too far into darkness for my tastes and the bass line is a little too impenetrable, although if you want to give your dance floor a real scary night then this is the tune to do it.

The next few tunes storm along in real groovy night time style, "Doctor Satan" (Wizard Lizard at 146 BPM on F #m) buzzes sounds around you like a swarm of invisible insects meanwhile a foundation of solid bassline and bouncy acid tweaks ensure your body knows exactly what to do and this vibe is continued through Noise Poison (Highko vs. Kulu 148 BPM on A #m), Wipped Out and Psycho Wars (Cosmo at 150 BPM on C #m).

All this is followed up by a real highlight, Naked Tourists' Bomb the Bay edit of “As Well As U Dance” (at 147 BPM’s on G #m) - in my first draft of this review against this tune I just wrote "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!" which sums it up "do you fuck as well as you dance" then the whole thing explodes. This tune deserves to get hammered out a lot.

How do you follow that? Well Toxic (with “Splitminds” at 146 BPM’s on G m) does a decent job throwing disorientating sounds around in unmusical-yet-musical fashion. Some little guitar samples remind you quite how far removed from "normal music" this whole experience is, and it works well.

To round things off Winter Demon brings “No Rules” (146 BPM’s on G m) to the table, which on any other compilation would be the most extreme standard, yet here it's actually having the effect of easing you out and down. An awesome track to complete an awesome compo.

Get it.

-Reviewed by Dj. Monkey Do

Samples Provided by Psyshop as ussual

• 4 weeks later...

WOW what can I say about this album . it arrived the other day and I have not stopped playing it ever since . One amazing track to look out for is DOUBLE REL VS COSMO and absouloute mastrpiece something you can just pichture your self dancing crazy to . another good feature track is NAKED TOURIST- as well as you can dance.. If any one has listened to the abulm and can recommend any songs similar to the double rel vs cosmo track that would be fantastic...

• 1 month later...

here the tracklist :

01 - Kerosene club - Lost souls depot

02 - Kemic-Al - Smigle

03 - Wizard lizard - Doctor satan

04 - Highko vs Kulu - Noise poison

05 - Double REL vs Cosmo - Wipped out

06 - Cosmo - Psycho wars

07 - Naked tourist - As well as U dance (Bomb the bay edit)

08 - Toxic - Splitminds

i was really amazed when i heard track 1 for the 1st time, when i heard that huge bassline and that huge kickdrum!

I was also amazed by track 2 which sounds really really underground, but not too dark in my opinion, just dark as it is needed, and that bassline and kickline really sound unconventional and surprising. There is a great moment at about 6.00 mn.

Track 3 keep on going in the style of track 1, but in less good, and unfortunately the whole compilation becomes less and less good after the 3rd track, that's maybe because i am not into full on and that i am not accustomed to this kind of psytrance, and the whole compilation eventually is hard to listen to. But when you only listen from track 1 to track 3 it's awesome. I remember that track 7 was not bad "do u fuck as well as you dance?"

Not so bad compilation, but finally not really my cup of tea.

V/A - Lost Souls Depot [Temple Twisters 2005] CD

Kerosene Club - Lost Souls Depot

Kemic-Al - Smigle

Wizard Lizard - Doctor Satan

Highko vs Kulu - Noise Poison

Double R.E.L. vs Cosmo - Wipped Out

Cosmo - Psycho Wars

Naked Tourist - As Well as U Dance [bomb the Bay Edit]

Toxic - Splitminds

Winter Demon - No Rules

WOW what can I say about this album . it arrived the other day and I have not stopped playing it ever since . One amazing track to look out for is DOUBLE REL VS COSMO and absouloute mastrpiece something you can just pichture your self dancing crazy to . another good feature track is NAKED TOURIST- as well as you can dance.. If any one has listened to the abulm and can recommend any songs similar to the double rel vs cosmo track that would be fantastic...

263808[/snapback]

V.A - BOO (doof records) ... or V/a Hocus peakus...

funny, most people can agree is good music, but judgement ultimatelly comes down from taste and not the quality of the music ;)