Tips & Tricks

Mubali, keep em stomping!

Some wicked tracks man, down and dirty psy, the way its supposed to be!

If you dont mind me asking, what are your favourite vsts? I just got cubase up and running myself and need to get some nasty vsts...

I'd love to post some tips myself, but most of my knowledge has been covered already....

Keep the tips coming though!

Me...

Vanguard, Albino, Pro 53, Discovery, Atmosphere, Trilogy, Synth 1...

Those are pretty much the main ones I use for my synthlines... Occasionally I will bust out the wasp and the z3ta.

Want to learn to make music? Then:

Learn your tools through. Nothing replaces intuitiveness.

Read that theory.

And then put that tongue on your cheek and let it go, try everything out. That's the best way to get to know new things, you never get tired of having fun, do you?

Theoretic knowledge supports practical knowledge and vice versa. Never stop expandig your horizons by dismissing theory and bookish knowledge as uncreative way to approach music, as meny people seem to do, and never stop experiementing with doing things another way.

So use this thread as source of what you could try out rather than what you should do.

Use your ears, music is not art for eyes.

I am currently writing a Psytrance tutorial which will cover some basics for newbies that want to start producing Psy.

244338[/snapback]

Awesome. Not only providing amazing quality tracks for us but guides on how to create our own! :lol:

Great thread guys. Some fantastic tips and tricks in here. I printed out the thread yesterday and applied some of the advice to my latest track. Have fished out the Matrix, Baraka and The Two Towers for some atmospherics as recommended by Mubali. Looking forward to implementing more of the great hints!

:D