psyblog takes off

shift

• 4 weeks later...

ok, I know this topic is a bit old, but i thought i'd put in my throughts re: psyblog:

While there is obviously some degree of commercial intent here (from a Nexus Media perspective) - we realise all too well that Psyblog as just another place for people to promote themselves - will suck. There would be nothing extra for users (that they couldn't already get in well established forums), so traffic would be slow, and the whole thing would just be a waste of time.

So, although we do post about new releases etc. - we are also trying to encourage our contributers to do better posts as well - something interesting, something the world might actually want to read. This way, hopefully users will return to see whats up more regularly, and thus the site has some commercial value as well.

Basically more of a proper blog model than simply a promo site. So far mixed results on this, as you can see, but thats our intention, in a nutshell...

EP your a moron.

"Psyblog is a new concept that will inform everybody about what is happening in the world of Psytrance."

PSYBLOG is a new concept, notice it doesnt say blogging is a new concept, and as far as i know there is not another blog for psytrance.

Slug, I am enjoying the personal touch to the site in some posts that are coming up... that's what makes it a worthwhile read. Recycled promo info isn't interesting, and dilutes the quality of the blog, but it's easy enough to skip. Keep on with it... :)

Cool, thanks Basilisk. I'm trying to get a less erratic posting schedule going as well.

Although a feed reader is also a good way to keep tabs without having to check back all the time.

304325[/snapback]

Thanks Slug for good spirit, I enjoyed it also.. the personal and direct communication works really well ... :)

I would like more updates and maybe just small things like pictures or stories from dancefloors/partys/festivals... What I dont want is another promo news site :) but promo news should be there, but more like "quick presentation + link" ?!

keep it uP!