Beatless psy?

Surinam

Hello all!

After years of listening metal and hard rock, considering all electronic music to be unimaginative and "easy stuff" I accidentally heard Shpongle. Fell in love instantly and bought both CDs. I've been studying the genre for a little while now, but haven't found another artist I'd like so much. Some Infected Mushroom and Hallucinogen is nice, but just some.

What I don't like is the ongoing beat in almost every piece of music I've heard.

So the question is: What other beatless ambientish (is that a word? well, it's now) psytrance would you recommend for a newbie like me to try out besides Shpongle?

Thanks!

Entheogenic

Shulman

Ott

Galaxy

...generally, look for the most recent albums from these groups. I find them to be the best - the style has really taken off in the last couple of years.

FYI psychedelic chill-out seems like a fine term to use... sometimes there is a beat, after all - just not a heavy one.

Guest Astro Cortex

some more great artists to check out:

Banco de Gaia

Timeshard

Children of the Bong

The Orb

Global Communication

Knights of the Occasional Table

DLS

Another Green World

Another Fine Day

defianetly check out Bluetech. I really dont like much of the downtempo stuff outside of shpongle and simon's various other downtempo stuff. Bluetech stuff is just mind blowing, its totally equal as far as crazy musicality goes.

Also, myster of the yeti - welcome to all extraterrestrials could easily be a track on are you shpongled.

For truely beatless ambient , lustmord makes some sick dark ambient.