NEW PLANET B.E.N. ALBUM "FULL ON"

Guest antic

@ Planet B.E.N Records stuff:

Why are you releasing your CD 3 months earlier in Japan? Are you not aware of the fact that internet is global and someone from there will eventually put in on P2P, so people from the rest of the world will be able to download it? In many cases they'll do that because they CAN'T BUY IT in psyshop or chaosunlimited and prices of Japaneese imports are insane... And if someone has it on his disk, there is a very low chance he'll buy it (believe me, I know that).

What is the purpose of this?

@ Planet B.E.N Records stuff:

Why are you releasing your CD 3 months earlier in Japan? Are you not aware of the fact that internet is global and someone from there will eventually put in on P2P, so people from the rest of the world will be able to download it? In many cases they'll do that because they CAN'T BUY IT in psyshop or chaosunlimited and prices of Japaneese imports are insane... And if someone has it on his disk, there is a very low chance he'll buy it (believe me, I know that).

What is the purpose of this?

234909[/snapback]

hi Antic,

Thanks for your interest....

The reason is that for a few artists (also for ben) 50-65% of all sales are in japan

That means that the market in japan has more prioritary than all others...(europe+rest of world)

(About downloading music or stealing it)

For sure we know that people doing that...but what to do??!!

This people don't respect, that the artists are living from producing music.....

its a problem......

I think this people wich are(downloading/stealing music), have to live with that!!........,stealing artists music......... o.k. if they think its fair........ i think its respectless,nobody likes it if his things get stolen...

Also whats the problem to wait a few weeks and to buy it than?!

I think even it will be released at the same time people don't buy it,.... they download the music,cause its for free....

Well the only reasons why the sales are good in japan ,is that people respect the artists....

For sure the japanese can copy it,but the most don't copy any music cause they know about this problem.....

I think everybody knows about the (downloading) problem... but still people doing it,its not the reason or fact that you can buy the cd a feew weeks later...... i think its in people minds "why to pay if i can get it for free".........

o.k we hope that you are not one of them,he,he,he.........

All the best to you.... :):):):)

WWW.PLANET-BEN.NET

Guest antic

but still people doing it,its not the reason or fact that you can buy the cd a feew weeks later...... i think its in people minds "why to pay if i can get it for free".........

Funny you say this :) Here's a little story for you then:

As you probably know, for a few days now Twisted's Unusual Suspects 2 is available in psyshop, saikosounds and chaosunlimited. But it was released in Japan two months ago and - as a result of this - available in P2P networks too. I'm a hardcore Twisted fan and I buy all their releases without even thinking about it, but - for the first time - this one was not available for me to buy and I could easily download it. After one month of waiting I decided to download it to check it out, because people were reviewing it, praising it & hating it. I just had to check it myself. And so I did.

When I listened to it I felt dissapointed - most tracks is at it's best average, some I don't like at all. I won't buy it :(

Conclusion: If it was available in all world at the same time I'd buy it instantly. I know, because I do it most of the time (lately I bought new Cosmosis without even checking the samples, the same case was with Orion, Deedrah, Prometheus, Huxflux and many, many other CDs). But this one was different: I could have it (illegaly), but I couldn't buy it for a very long time... Twisted just lost few bucks from me, while I'm sure people in Japan would buy it regardles of the fact that they have it released before everybody else or not...

hi antic,

Even its released in japan before,you can listen the tracks in realtime on the solstice site or any other big recordstore....tower records,hmv,cisco................

And the sound is good enough to choose if its your music you like or not......

last twisted release is bad? really?

:):):):)

WWW.PLANET-BEN.NET

(About downloading music or stealing it)

For sure we know that people doing that...but what to do??!!

235059[/snapback]

Reward your fans who buy original PBR releases!

I feel bad for artists like Ben who are getting screwed by P2P. The thing is guys, you have to increase the value of the product you sell. < Ben's music is fantastic btw >

Example being Metallica. They got screwed by Napster! Then they released "St Anger". Take a look at this CD. It's got a free DVD and a little id card which gives you a serial code to download loads of Metallica stuff from their website! Metallica are now rewarding their fans who BUY their cd's. If you download for free you only get a part of the package.

How about something like this? People love unreleased psy music because it makes them feel special! It'll also bring a lot of traffic to your site! And psy DVD's....mmmmmmm! :D

Also, I would suggest selling on iTunes, or straight off your site. It's still an easy, instant download and it means that the rest of the world can enjoy the release immediately! Not just the lucky Japanese. :lol:

Mixed CD's also help because in the end you get one looooong MP3! With a cd you can jump tracks etc.

Just some thoughts because I dig you guys! And Ben is one of the originals!

keep up the groovy beats :D

mylo < in sunny Hamburg :D yay!>

Reward your fans who buy original PBR releases!

I feel bad for artists like Ben who are getting screwed by P2P. The thing is guys, you have to increase the value of the product you sell. < Ben's music is fantastic btw >

Example being Metallica. They got screwed by Napster! Then they released "St Anger". Take a look at this CD. It's got a free DVD and a little id card which gives you a serial code to download loads of Metallica stuff from their website!  Metallica are now rewarding their fans who BUY their cd's. If you download for free you only get a part of the package.

How about something like this? People love unreleased psy music because it makes them feel special! It'll also bring a lot of traffic to your site! And psy DVD's....mmmmmmm! :D

Also, I would suggest selling on iTunes, or straight off your site. It's still an easy, instant download and it means that the rest of the world can enjoy the release immediately! Not just the lucky Japanese. :lol:

Mixed CD's also help because in the end you get one looooong MP3! With a cd you can jump tracks etc.

Just some thoughts because I dig you guys! And Ben is one of the originals!

keep up the groovy beats :D

mylo < in sunny Hamburg :D yay!>

235481[/snapback]

Dear dj Mylo,

As well thanks for your interest ,good to see that there are people out there, with a different way of thinking......

We was thinking also to this direction(download the tracks from our homepage as many other labels),but the interest of the people is too low at the moment....

its also a matter of technical problems for many people.......but for sure it will be the future........

Many other labels tryed this already(plusquam),but they gave it up after 4 years ,we try to think in other directions.......

Its all a matter of time......

but we are always open for new suggestions and ideas,please fell free to let us know.

We are happy for all help. :) and ideas.......

And thanks for the flowers i'll forward this to ben.........

May see you at the weekend at the voila party....

WWW.PLANET-BEN.NET

:):):):)

• 1 month later...

Here the right tracklist:

I think the cd will be in beginning/mid of april in the shops..........

01. THE HEAT

02. STRINGER

03. DYNAMIC RMX

04. MUSIC IS MY SPACE

05. VOLLDAMPF

06. AMEN

07. PATH

08. SOME OF THAT PILL?

09. DYNAMIC

release date:

26.01.05 japan solstice music

08.04.05 europe

thank you very much jon cocco that you spend your time for it.....

WWW.PLANET-BEN.NET

233583[/snapback]

WOW !! Amazing Ben ...i can't wait :)) That will be a killer compi i think , thx for it !!!

Cyaaaaa :))

• 2 weeks later...