Ambient/downtempo psy

vancbc

Can anyone recommend some ambient/downtempo psy to me? What I currently have is Younger Brother A Flock of Bleeps and Inifinity Project's Mystical Experiences. I like them both, but A Flock of Bleeps is so incredible to me. I also have Are You Shpongled and Tales of the Inexpressible. I really like pieces that have more of an Eastern type influence and lots of pyschedelic sounds.

I'm not really looking for something like true ambient that often sounds too unstructured. I like something that actually has a nice beat, mellow melodies and upbeat but still nicely psychedelic without the relentless psychedelic driving energy and melodies of Goa. I also have some of the Future Sound of London albums, but they aren't quite the style I'm looking for.

Can you guys help me out?

BANCO DE GAIA - MAIA ( Eastern flavoured maximal ambience, pretty good )

BANCO DE GAIA - LAST TRAIN TO LHASA ( His best album he ever released, 2 CD )

THE ORB - ORBUS TERRARUM ( Hypnotic ambient dub at its best )

TOIRES - OUED/SANATI ( Arabic kind of Shpongle, pretty juicy )

SHULMAN - IN SEARCH OF MEANINGFUL MOMENT ( Israel answer to Shpongle, very good album )

ENTHEOGENIC - SPONTANEOUS ILLUMINATION ( French liquid ambience, pretty good album )

BLUETECH - ELEMENTARY PARTICLES ( Concise, trippy ambience, pretty good too )

SOLAR FIELDS - BLUE MOON STATION ( Very dreamy, floaty ambience )

AES DANA - MEMORY SHELL ( Another floaty piece )

H.U.V.A.NETWORK - DISTANCES ( This album is mixture of previous 2 artists, very good )

There is lots more but these ones are for now...;)

Some good stuff:

Astralasia - Whatever Happened To Utopia

Saafi Brothers - Mystic Cigarettes

Alien Mutation vs Indigo Egg - Microcosmacrocosm

Optica - All The Colours Of The Rainbow

Dub Trees - Nature Never Did Betray The Heart That Loved Her

Children Of The Bong - Sirius Sounds

Kumba Mela Experiment - East Of The River Ganges

there is in fact one compilation that suprised me a lot and is defintily worth trying IHMO...

compilation : another life

especially track...

7. Psy sex - Survival kit (Koopa Troopa's dub mix)... never heard such a perfect ambient melody before 11/10 I would say...

hope you like it :)

Chill and ambient is what I've been listening to the most lately..

So..

I second seraph's reccomendation to

Shulman - in search of a meaningful moment

and

Bluetech - Elementary particles (but also Prima Materia.. the double cd is very nice)

now a few more and a bit of descriptions:

Kaya Project - Walking Through (has some nice percussions, a bit of mid-eastern feeling and some, but not a lot of vocals, all very well chosen, and quite a bit of beautiful acoustic guitars)

Angel Tears - Vol 3, The Dreaming, and Vol 4, Vision (more explicit mid-eastern influences, vocals, percussions, and nice basslines)

Ott - Blumenkraft (Spacey, twisted psy-dub from Twisted Records, very well made, huge basslines, cool effects, samples... One of the best out there, everybody should give it a listen)

Abakus - That much closer to the sun (very warm and beautiful chill, happy summer melodies meet well-worked dub basslines... Music to smile)

Easy Stars All Stars - Dub Side of the Moon (if you like pink floyd, check this out.. Not a substitute, but for sure a nice complement.. Dub version of pink floyd's classic cd... need I say more?)

V.A. Butterfly Dawn (has some very nice tracks from abakus, nada, tripswitch, etc.. If you like abakus, try this one too)

those are the ones I mention for now, hope you find something you like :)