Chatroom?

Quark

there was a topic a couple of weeks ago about this I think...

indeed a chatroom is always nice, but I think the real ´owner´, mars, does not have time for this.. (psynews version 2 rings any bell?) So we should use some chatroom elsewhere... sonicblend would be the best option imo...

My experience of a chat in addition to an already existing forum (in this case, it is the Lucid Dreaming discussion forum at www.ld4all.com that also has a chat), is that the chat conversations soon get very out-of-topic as there simply isn't that much to exchange about the actual topic; in this case psychedelic music. We already see this forum getting out-of-topic quite often, and I think this would be even more so if a Psynews chat were started. But sure, it would be great if we would like to befriend each other and get more personal with each other, but not as a mean for more psychedelic music discussion in my opinion.

My experience of a chat in addition to an already existing forum (in this case, it is the Lucid Dreaming discussion forum at www.ld4all.com that also has a chat), is that the chat conversations soon get very out-of-topic as there simply isn't that much to exchange about the actual topic; in this case psychedelic music. We already see this forum getting out-of-topic quite often, and I think this would be even more so if a Psynews chat were started. But sure, it would be great if we would like to befriend each other and get more personal with each other, but not as a mean for more psychedelic music discussion in my opinion.

214950[/snapback]

Take this forum, for example.. there are more posts in the off topic section than in the general section... so you can be sure that in any case, a chatroom would be somehow off topic =)

but Im sure if you wanted to know something in specific about music, or wanted to start a music discussion, people would definitely continue your discussion...