5. IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM

6. PAPUA NEW GUINEA

7. MOSCOW

8. 1 IN 8

9. PULSE STATE

10. CENTRAL INDUSTRIAL

11. EXPANDER RMX

12. MOSCOW RMX

13. PAPUA NEW GUINEA ( GRAHAM MASSEY RMX )

Well, being asked to review this album as well, I had to put, in any case cause it belongs to their discography and even though it is the most commerical album they made it is pretty good considering when it was made. I like when artists present idea in a creative way and these guys surely know how to set the atmospheres. This first effort as Future Sound Of London project came shortly after their first Amorphous Androgynous album which was great, even better than this one, cause it mostly sounded like their latest works, less commercial and more conceptual. This album do tend to go even too much into commerical housey realms but it was this album that set the genre as acid house music with bits of trance and trip hop parts. So, basically they made fresh album, more for a beach or caffe but with some club hits as well. There is one of their biggest hit singles on this one - PAPUA NEW GUINEA which is the best on album in any case. That song was so popular, it was released on numerous compilations as well hitting the music charts. Beside that creamy song there are Expander, Moscow, Pulse State, Central Industrial and It's Not My Problem that are my favourites...7/10

Well, you are somehow right, I don't mind constructive crticism but I don't like reviewing album song by song cause that is a little bit intelectual approach and I am not that kind of intelectual. I like saying the general things about the album and not elaborating about it cause I base my perception of music on the feeling and not on examining the music. I understand that you need more information about the album but you can always check the professional reviews on the net after you read this as an intro, as something you heard for the first time, maybe got interested and then go and check for some elaborate reviews. I would function like that. The point is that if you are looking for an album that won't 'hurt' your brain but would rather make it comfortable then you'd like this album. Along those acid lines and housey rhyhtms, you'd find some groovy breakbeat techno structures and it is perfect album as I said to sit at home with friends or for a beach or caffe. It has mellow, tame atmosphere but at the same time it is not cheesy and bad. BTW, how come you never heard about them ? They are so long in the scene, I even heard about them when I was little kid...heheh

the tracks in general sounds pretty dated, but the big hits (papua new guinea, expander, moscow) still sound pretty good to me, though this may be due to nostalgia - that's why i requested the review :)

as the review says, this isn't quite the timeless classics like their later, ambient releases, but still interesting buy - gives you a sense of the sound back in early '90 - it was the time when the techno/acid house sound and warehouse parties took off (in the u.s.).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest .::E.P

the tracks in general sounds pretty dated, but the big hits (papua new guinea, expander, moscow) still sound pretty good to me, though this may be due to nostalgia - that's why i requested the review  :) 

as the review says, this isn't quite the timeless classics like their later, ambient releases, but still interesting buy - gives you a sense of the sound back in early '90 - it was the time when the techno/acid house sound and warehouse parties took off (in the u.s.).

207521[/snapback]

I would say that Papua New Guinea is the most timeless track they've ever made followed by Blue Room (Blue Room Released used the name for the Loudspeaker Company and later their label as a tribute to ORB) and Towers Of Dub from the Album U.F.Orb.

btw. Check out some of the many various remixes of Papua New Guinea... There's some gems to be found :)

• 1 year later...
Guest Rezwalker

btw. Check out some of the many various remixes of Papua New Guinea... There's some gems to be found :)

209236[/snapback]

Imagine a track from Pleiadians with "Papua New Guinea" elements...yeap there is that track and it's one of their unreleased tracks (almost 16 minutes track!!) .. personally i have no doubt that this track is the best Pleiadians track ever...and for that "faults" their huge talent and the incredible Papua new guinea track :D

• 4 weeks later...

I don't own the album but I know papua new guinea (and who doesn't ?)...

I think this song sounds very good even today

One of the best albums I have ever heard, and for sure papa ng is one of the best tracks I have ever heard as well :)

• 2 months later...

The point is that if you are looking for an album that won't 'hurt' your brain but would rather make it comfortable then you'd like this album. Along those acid lines and housey rhyhtms, you'd find some groovy breakbeat techno structures and it is perfect album as I said to sit at home with friends or for a beach or caffe.

After having listened to the whole album,

I agree 100%.

Btw, I liked more Tales Of Ephidrina, because it has more

dark/ambient passages and it's more similar to Lifeforms,

even being "not hurting".

• 1 year later...