MFG - Whatever happened to MFG?!?!

Jon Cocco

Does anyone know whats going on with MFG???

I haven't heard anything in years! I was just listening to The Message and New Kind of World the other day, and I'm impressed at how good both these albums still are after all these years! Some of their tracks today still blow away the majority of whats being released today! Whatever happened to these guys? Its been 5 years since their last album!

Are we ever gonna get a great "next" new album from these guys or are they pretty much done because they're passed their prime like AP? I feel that all of MFG's albums kicked ass, although the last one seemed more toned down overall, less over-the-top and not that dark. Project Genesis has always been my favorite because of the darker approach. Tracks like Why? was one of the greatest tracks!

MFG used to come out with an album almost every year that was really good! Then one day the releases stopped coming. Its been 5 years now. Does anyone have a clue whats going on with the status of MFG?

MFG: (Main Album Discography)

The Message - 2000 ... Good release! The last track is super cool!

Project Genesis - 1998 ... They're most loved and edgy, opinionated release. (Its great dark goatrance!)

New kind of world - 1997 ... Arguably their best album! Considered "great" by many. Great cover!

The Prophecy - 1996 ... Good debut! Beautiful cover!

i dont know this for sure, but i remember reading on these forums a long time ago that one of them stopped producing to further his religious studies in israel.

204037[/snapback]

They were 2 no? :) Aharon Segal maybe started doing movies with Steven?! ;) Just kidding, it seems that they dont do ANYTHING nowadays :(

Aharon decided to take a religious path, but he's still interested in music : he released a CD called « Ten Heeyooch » with Rabi Harush, on which Trance is played as a background music.

As for Guy, he has his solo project Passenger, as well as another project dubbed Emuna (« faith » in Hebrew) along with DJ Eyal.

J.

Well, they are still alive!!!!??

They played live in Belgium 2 weeks ago :)

their music evoluated again, more full on like basslines, but the music on top was still more melodic and psychedelic and much work was done on the rhytmic section.

Actually right now they are creating a new album ;)

Huuuh ! Amazing if it is true. I mean, I believe you Anoebis but after those bad news and 5 years of waiting, I completely gave up. But, I've heard Guy is preparing new Passenger album. I can't believe that even MFG stated using full on bass line ! That is as bad as Electric Universe used it for Cosmic Experiment and event hough there are Boris melodies, they somehow don't go with that bass line. But, nevermind, I hope for new MFG to be rather good.

wow what a great news !

I was wondering not long ago what happened with these two guys. (i talked about it in another topic..) I think MFG is one of the best groups... ever !

Their music was so intelligent, worked a lot.. evolved..

Man you're lucky you saw them 2 weeks ago!

I didn't think they played anymore...

I'd like to see those guys over here !!