8. TRANSFORMATION A

9. TRANSFORMATION B

10. ROBOT REPLICA

11. REVOLT

12. FLOOD

13. THE STORM AMONG US

14. SILENCE

15. NEW BEGINNING

This concept album made by one of the pioneers of techno, Jeff Mills is classical piece of ambient, electronic techno. He made music for Fritz Lang silent classic - Metropolis. He done exactly scene by scene making it as a whole journey. He blended all sorts of styles, ranging from gentle ambience to more groovy downbeat techno. His ideas for this release were great. He made different soundscapes and succeded in presenting the imaginary world of future city. This album is an amazing achievement and I am glad that someone decided to do this kind of thing, in techno world. I like all songs, they all make perfect sense considering he directed every each one of them for each scene in the film so I can't name any favourite ones. This is very good release and everyone should own it if they are into intelligent electronic music. 10/10

Is this made to be exactly the same length as the movie so you can play the two sync'ed together?

If so, very cool. I've only seen the Georgio Moroder 80's remixed version of Metropolis, it's a bit ridiculous at times and this would probably fit a lot better.

• 10 months later...

The record is a timeless classic work. 10/10, an all-time favourite.

There are so many edits of the movie though, that you may need to loop it to fit. Much of the footage was destroyed in a fire, the various remakes are takes on what Lang might have intended.

• 2 years later...

the movie was on tv a couple of days ago,the movie made me remmber

this album (didnt listen to it for years)

gave it a spin last night,it's amazing music...could perfectly fit

as a soundtrack to a long drive on a winter day.

i love it.