Yahel anybody?

asian_bud_nation

i dont know, dont really have any specific to talk about, am just listening to yahel at the moment...and all i can say is...wow..

i know for a lot of psy heads yahel's sound is too "trancey" or "club-oriented," some people even go as far as saying its not psy at all..but anyways, i just think his music, either way you look at it, is amazingly beautiful..and listening to his tracks from a production point of view, truly stunning. Most tracks these days (full on tracks, not prog stuff) lack personality and there's no real layering of sounds..

Everytime I put in Waves of Sound, and hear two basslines, 5 melodies, and effects and drums all blended and layered seamlessly i wonder how half the people that release music these days do it ...i dont want to turn this topic into a stream of posts about how psy trance is in a constant downwards spiral these days, because i know we all realize it..

anyways, so i guess i just wanted to know if there's any of you here who feel the same way i do about Yahel..if there's any of you who admire his creativity and skill as much as i do..if so, what are some of your favorite tracks..

some of my favorites are:

last man in the universe

going up

electro panic

butterfly

hallucinate

also, unfortunately ive never seen him play live or heard his dj sets, but if any of you have and could give me a brief description of what it was like, it would be much appreciated..

we need more producers like Yahel!

peace!

I like Yahel a lot and have all of his albums and also some commercial trance vinyls. The track Skywalker made together with DJ Miss-T is such a beautiful song I get goosepumps every time I listen to it. And also the track Friendzone released under the project name Avalanche is pure bliss. I love just love his style, especially the tracks named above and the Waves Of Sound album.

I know a lot of people hate him because he dares to release trancey psy and also commercial clubtrance. But I saw him Djing twice at a party (I guess this was about 2 and 3 years ago) and people went mad about his set. One was an outdoor-party and he was playing at 6 in the morning. A lot of tracks from his Waves Of Sound album and other Isreali stuff from other producers, here is a part of the trackslist I wrote back then (I can't remember more tracks):

Infected Mushroom: S Is Here

SBK: Druckverteiler

Infected Mushroom: Wider

Yahel: For The People

Yahel: Waves Of Sound

Yahel: Going Up

Deedrah: Reload

Yahel: Reality

Xerox: In My Brain

Infected Mushroom: Symphonatic

The second party was an indoor party with a lot of people, Xerox did also a DJ-Set with darker full-on sound. I remember that Yahel played some of the above mentioned tracks again. It was very good party and his set made the people smile and dance like crazy. I don't know what mixes if he makes a DJ set nowadays, but I wouldn't mind finding out and go to a party to see him!

I like his first two albums : FOR THE PEOPLE and WAVES OF SOUND. Private Collection and Hallucinate are rather boring and his new style is way too soft and without excitement. But, his first album is really amongst best melodic albums from that period. Just when I thought, hey, look at this talent, he destroyed it exactly like Infected Mushroom. Shame !

Oh yes, IM and Yahel destroyed their talent just because they choose to change their style to something YOU don't like.

Does it always have to be an argument Tatsu ? It is not about taste but about degradation of their sounds, Infected Mushroom completely threw their fat bassline and crazy melodies and changed them with some disposable linear melodies and effects. Yahel however completely forgot to make melodies as before, and minimized whole feel of his music. I WOULD LIKE TO SAY they progressed but THEY DIDN'T. I am sick to argue about music, especially when it is not matter of taste. I HAD TASTE by listening to them before, so that is what I call taste. Stop being smart ass and don't argue immediately. Cheers

No it doesn't have to be an argument, I'm sorry and I didn't want to be mean or a smart-ass to you. I hope you accept my appology.

It's just that I'm just so fucking fed up with always reading and hearing (and I don't mean you personaly but a lot of people) oh IM (and about two years ago its was Yahel who is) are ruining their talent with the music they make just because they dare to make musig those people don't like. I don't see what this has to do with talent when you change the style. I don't think (and this is about taste in my eyes) that they degradated their style. But anyway, you are right, it's quite a pointless discussion so I leave it like that.

Peace!

Never really liked Yahel (although I do like much ”cheesy” and ”commercial” music). Heard him DJ at Full Moon though, and I must say his technical skills are superb. Trackselection was a bit weak though, with too many tracks played many times previously in the festival.

Hey Tatsu, glad you did that cause I always find you cool and suddenly this little thing happend. Appology accepted of course cause I hate arguing with people...I see your point too, I can understand why you get furious, but facts are facts, they had IMMENSE productions, great structures and stunning melodies... And what is left now ? Few half a minute dropped melodies, singing, bad bassline, few thrown effects. Just see what I am trying to say about ruining their talent. But nevermind that anymore...glad we setlled it out...;)

Yeah I see what you want to say and I can also understand it a bit (and I'm glad you accepted my appology :) ). But I still disagree with the talent thing. But I guess this is what's this forum for, see different points of view from different people. Doesn't mean you have to take my point of view or I have to take yours. So have a nice evening... B)

I agree with both of you in some ways...Yes, infected and yahel have changed, and i must say their music lacks the same personality and energy it had in the beginning...but come on, we all have to agree that almost every band, producer, musicians, at some point in life, starts going downhill...i find with electronic music this trend begins to show quicker than in other forms of music..but thats because the basic components of dance music are so similar and producers quickly see a reason to try and move in a diffferent direction...if yahel was still putting out tracks with huge melodies, his first couple albums would no longer seem as special, and it would be the same thing over and over (exactly what has happened with euro trance, and tech-trance is on its way)..face it, a keyboard only has a certain number of keys and notes..yahel isnt full-on with crazy sound effects that can be tweaked to sound different regardless of what key theyre played on...but melodies are something different..

i fully agree that the first two yahel albums were amazing (hallucinate is also pretty fucking cool in my opinion) but yes, private collection does see a massive style change..more progressive and minimal...but the problem is, all we do is compare. If you took private collection not knowing about yahel, or not having previously heard his other albums, i think u'd think the cd was pretty damn cool...im not pointing fingers, i have a feeling thats just the way humans are...we always need a reference, something to compare the new stuff we hear to...please, i dont want to start a 4 page topic about human nature, im letting lemmi and feathers and the rest of psychologists on this board handle that field :)

all im saying is that we shouldnt compare...if the new style isnt what floats our boat...then theres no reason to listen to it, everybody's happy....but i agree with tatsu, im slowly but surely getting sick of people making the same "they're sellouts now," "what the fuck happened to them??" comments...lets be constructive people..and again, im not pointing fingers, just making an observation of the reactions of a lot of posts on this board..

everyone from the beatles to pink floyd, to metallica have undergone some sort of change, call it progression, regression, whatever you want...but the truth about music is that it changes as you change as a person...its inevitable...and the truth about life is that, people change...it may not be a drastic change, but its reflected in some aspect of your life...in the case of infected and yahel, and many more im sure, its through their music...

respect it and accept it...thats what i think atleast

peace!

Very interesting text ANB!! That's quite what is in my mind about the whole subject, I just couldn't put it right.

thanks tatsu...its not often i feel up to writing something lengthy, but for certain topics..yeah, just have to take it into a different perspective sometimes, way to many people just start bashing an artist (i dont mean u Seraph) but just in general...ppl start going off about how bad and shit and artist has become when they dont actually stop and think about why the change has happened...those people should save their breaths and rather just write that they dont like the artist's new style..would save time and energy for sure :)

anyways now im going to go start a topic that does just the opposite.."Looks like Bush has done it again!"...haha, this should be a fun one...feel free to go off on a rant!!