Talpa - The Art Of Being Non

Psychosis

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 2004 was a pretty good year for psy scene. Goa started to make a comeback by the likes of Filteria or Ypsilon5, Electric Universe did an awesome job with Cosmic Experience and presented us one of the best full-on albums to date (minus guitars), Infected Mushroom made the last one with more trance than other styles (I can't help it, I kinda like it, I'll take their guitars over Boris' any day, but the singing - well, You all know -_-), Misted Muppet moved few butts with their 'take no prisoners' medieval atmosphere, some chillout albums from '04 are still on repeat in my playlist (Kaya Project, Aes Dana, Bluetech, Abakus, etc...).

And Talpa. Oh yes, how great discovering this artist was! I can't count how many times I've listened to all his three albums (definitely I'm not in the 'bash the second one' group) and as The Riddler he's even better at times. But The Art Of Being Non was the first one. Recently I've re-listened to this album and it still sounds great. It's not the music for the people who like long build-ups and repetitiveness. But the rest should at least TRY it. Crazy, schizophrenic, funny, scary, danceable, inventive - it has it all.

Thank You, Mr Talpa for this one and I hope we won't loose You altogether for progressive party.

• 1 year later...