Studio List

Hey all music makers..

I'm new to psynews and noticed a lot of people here are making tracks. I've been making psychedelic music for only about 1-2 years. I started writing on rebirth and then found fruityloops.

Now my set-up is:

Sequencing and Mastering

PC– P4 3ghz, using FL Studio 4.5.2, Ableton Live! 4.0 and CoolEdit Pro

VST– V-Station, NI FM7, PR8 Superwave, reFX PlastiCZ

Running through a M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Hardwares

Korg MS2000BR

Novation Bass-Station Rack

Roland SH-101

Running into a Yamaha MG16/4

Pretty minimalistic but I have found that to be a good thing. My next purchase is going to be *finally* the Nord Lead 2X. Thats by far the best psy trance synth i've ever heard (exception of the Nord Modular–which contains a NL2X)...

So care to share yours? Whats your best instrument? Whats next on your list? Whats your most regretable purchase?

Shout outs to the Briz Vegas psysters... B)

Guest djnemo

Hey Frek, well, you just saw my post in another thread I guess. I have been making music for more or less 12 years now, and I started with an Atari 1024 and Cubase.

Today the studio has Evolved a little bit computer wise, but Hardware wise it has been stripped down, and a lot of things were sold because of constant moving around to other countrys (sucks to work with IT, you have to move a lot hehe).

I have in my studio.

P4 2.66 Ghz, 512MB RAM, running on an Acer 1710 Laptop, which uses standard PC components and not Laptop CPU/RAM/HDD.

I use Cubase SX2 and Trying to get into Ableton live 4 at the moment. I have various Softsynths. I work a lot with Reason, since I love to edit drums in that, and I also love to use the DrRex player.

For my Audio card, I use a M-Audio firewire 410 (4 in 8 out). Midi is run through a MidiSport 2x2

For monitoring I use a pair of Genelec 1029's, the best studio monitors that I ever have heard, if you ever get a chance, try them out, you will fall in love. I have a Behringer Mixer.

Midi keyboard is a Edirol PCR30, which recently broke down!

Hardware Synths are a Virus C and a Roland MC-505. The 505 I use for drums only, and since it has all the sounds that a 808 and 909 has, and a lot more, the best solution for a Drummachine in my opinion, for other stuff, the 505 is not very recommended.

I am going to get myself a Nordlead one of these days, but first I have to focus on spending money on my new projects.

I regret most selling my 101, the juno 106 and the 707 drummachine. I will one day get those back again! I love hardware synths, and will always prefer those over software, but software is pretty stable and good sounding, sometimes even better sync'd than hardware(hehehe).

Oh, and I forgot my nice Headphones :) AKG K271, i love them! :)

I started out about ten years ago playing arround with noisetracker on my atari 520. Nothing serious though since i was just a kid back then. But i've been making music since then and i love to play arround with synths and stuff.

This is what i currently have in my studio:

Recording:

Old Pentium2 (233mhz) with a crappy soundcard. :angry:

Mixer:

Souncraft Spirit Folio F1 with busted aux that leaks onto

everything. :angry:

Sequencer/sampler:

Akai MPC2000.

Synths:

Roland MC505, with busted display :angry: i use it mainly for drums.

Ensoniq ESQ1, great synth! It has started to go wierd though sending crazy midi

messages all the time (not good since it's my only keyboard :angry: ).

Nordrack1, Nice sound!

Yamaha TG77, Very powerfull FM synth. I like it alot!

FX:

Sony DPS-V55M, My main fxbox.

Zoom Studio 1204, use it for reverbs sometimes.

Behringer Modulizer Pro and Ultrafex Pro, I never use that crap. :angry:

Guest djnemo

Well i like the part's that are still working but for some reason most of my stuff seems to be falling apart.  :(

198869[/snapback]

I feel with you! Believe me, I know the feeling of falling apart synths, my OSCar died totally on me once :(

stuff i've wasted money on... :blink:

- AMD 2800+ / 1024MB RAM

- Propellerhead Reason 2.5 / Cubase SX2

- TC Powercore Element (with additional plugins)

- Access Virus Powercore

- Behringer Eurorack 1204 Pro Mixer

- Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Studio Headset

- E-MU 1212m and M-Audio Audiophile 2496 soundcards (planning to get a RME HDSP 9632 though)

- M-Audio Radium Keystation 61

- Roland SH-32 (for drums...)

- Novation Bass-Station / V-Station

- Native Instruments FM7 / PRO-53 / Kompakt / Battery

- Waves Diamond Bundle and TC Native Bundle

- Various sample cds from Spectrasonics...

I don't have an introduction or anything real interesting to say so I'm gonna cut to the chase..

I use:

Powerbook G4 1.33 GHz

Reason 2.5/Digital Performer 4.0/Bias Peak/Ableton Live! 4.0

Emagic EMI 6/2m USB audio interface (MOTU 828MKII is on its way!!)

Evolution MK-249C2 MIDI keyboard

Korg Electribe MX (By far the funnest toy I've ever played around with)

Roland TD-8 V-Drums

Korg KP2 Kaoss Pad

Behringer UB1202 Mixer

DJ Gear:

Numark PD01 Digital Mixer

Numark Axis 9 CD players

My portalgate: :)

P4 - 3ghz, 800fsb

2x512 dualchannel ddr400

asus p4p800 deluxe mb :)

2x seagate barracuda SATA 160gb

(soon with two displays)

My portable: Apple Powerbook G4 1,5ghz 15"

Hardware: Access Virus C Desktop

waiting for Alesis M1 Active monitors

running on Logic Audio,

favourite softwares: es2, z3ta, discovery,waves stuff,spectrasonics atmosphere,muon tau

i'm very ok with this config :)

* Akai S2000,

* Akai S3000XL (+ Filter & Effect-cards),

* Korg Prophecy,

* Roland JD-990,

* Roland Juno-106,

* Roland W-30,

* Roland U-220,

* Roland XP-10,

* Mackie 1642-VLZ Pro,

* Behringer Mx602A,

* Digitech Studio Quad 4,

* Boss SE-70,

* SyQuest EzDrive 135,

* JL Cooper Nexus Midi Switcher

And when a friend comes around he brings:

* Clavia Nord Lead 2

* Alesis QuadraVerb GT (- which I used to have in my studio for years until he discovered it's no fun recordíng the Nord to the computer just to add some FX that we want to hear immediately anyways)

Hello all :)

Computer & Related stuff:

Mac G4 Dual 1.25 GHZ (Very stable)

Motu 2408 MK III soundcard

Emagic Unitor-8 Midi-Interface

Logic Audio Platinum 5.5 with EXS24 (Should upgrade it any time soon)

Mixer:

Mackie 32*8

Monitors:

Alesis M-1 Active

Recordning:

Philips CDR 560 CD-Recorder

Synths:

Access Virus B

Doepfer MS-404

Korg Mono/Poly

Korg MS-20 (Nothing can scream like it, for me one of the most unique synth ever)

Korg MS-2000r

Nordlead 2

Novation BasStation

Roland Juno-106

Roland Jupiter-6 (Lovely for distortion sounds, pads and strings)

Roland SH-101 (Bass & Kicks)

Roland XV-3080, 2 expansions, Vintage & FX

Syntechno Teebee

Waldorf Q (This synth is my favourite, i wouldn't trade it for the world:))

Outboard gear & FX:

Boss Turbo Distortion DS-2

DBX 120XP (Subharmonic Synthesizer)

DBX 166XL

SPL Vitalizer

T.C Electronics D-2

T.C Electronics Finalizer 96K

T.C Electronics Fireworx

TL Audio C-1

Actually i am not hardisc recordning much into the computer..expect for the old analogue machines (hard to recreate the exactly same sound, and you are only able to use one sound if don't hardisc record them)..The rest is live to 2-track (into the cd)...Pretty much like the old days ;)

Lovely spirit there Filteria, just how it should be! 2-track down to DAT/CD, loads of hardware, live tweaking and human automation =)

199085[/snapback]

:D

lol, human automation..but thats true indeed :)

For me there are 2 cons by harddisc recordning.

1. It takes soooo much time, so it kills the creativity (at least for me). You have to stop every 30 seconds to record..I want to keep moving with the track while the ideas are in the head.

2. Even with a motu 2408 mkIII, which is a very good sound card, i feel like some of the high frequencies and the bottom freq somehow changes.. Its not the exactly same dirty sound that left the output of the mixer table..Very strange..Its always when i record weird effect sounds with lots of resonance this happens..Otherwise it works perfectly...And yes i do record in 24 bits when i do so..

So no harddisc recordning for me B)

Right now:

Amd 2.7

Tanoy Rev Red

Scope Home (luna2)

DP2

DX200

An1x

MetalZone

MIDInes (midified nintendo!!)

Logic

Soundforge

Lots of software modulars (mod3, reaktor, tassman, se, audiomulch, abox etc etc)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Journey Man Project

I run a custom built laptop 18" P4 centrino 3.0ghz 1 gig ram 100 gig hard drive main 60 gig spare hard drive M-audio soundcard (dunno the details, was given to me by a friend) and I have Behringer B2031A Truth Active Monitors

Running Fl Studio, Cubase SX, Acid Pro, Reason, Rebirth, Rewire and a whole heap of plug ins and sample cd's...

Synths:

Waldorf MicroQ Keyboard

Novation KS5

and my new baby

Access Virus C Keyboard

Dj Gear:

2 Pioneer CDJ100s

1 Beheringer 2 channel mixer (cheap and does the job fine)

Headphones

1 40 gig Iriver mp3 player (when I travel to asia it is much easier than taking a load of original cd's...)

and of course my ever expanding cd collection at http://www.discogs.com/user/journey_man

Hi to all music lovers....My list goes as follows:

AMD Athlon 2.4Ghz 1Gb Ram,80 Gb Hard Disk, M-Audio Delta Series 66,Soundcraft Console Spirit E8, Midisport Interface 2x2

Running with Reason2.5,Cubase Sx,Cool Edit Pro,Soundforge 7,Ableton(Just Started To Know each other) ha ha....+Loads of vst Stuff...

Also Novation A-station and Korg Electribe MX1,B+W Speakers DM 601S2( Couldnt Afford Better monitors For The moment)

Second Section Has The following.....Dap CD Players 800D-MK2...Numark Dm2002X 3 Channel Mixer+Korg Kaoss Pad 2..

Have a very groovy Winter to all of you!!!!!!!!

Stay Connected....

Spaceliner

Just downgraded/upgraded a bit in the studio. Got myself a Digitech S100 and a TC Electronic D-Two. The latter is a very very awsome delay effects processor, I can recommend it highly. The S100 I got for a good price and I use it for reverbs only :) Got rid of the MC-505, got tired of it... was time to leave that one behind anyways, and I have sampled about every drumsound there is on it!

What kind of humming is it? Do you know exactly that it is your Fireworx? I have had many many problems with hummings in my studio, but when I put my mixer, computer and sound card on separate power sockets in the wall, I elmininated that. Meaning there are grounding problems in my house.(Which is rather normal in Amsterdam).

I havent fully tested the machine yet, as I am out of Balanced cables, and I need to go and buy some, with the unbalanced ones, It sounds "OK" though.