Ambient from 1975

Anoebis

At home I took the time to look at my mums vinyls, and most of it are 60's rock vinyls, but I was really amazed when I heard the Tangerine Dream vinyls, véry good ambient it is! Even today, it doesn't sound 30 years old AT ALL!!

Does anybody has any more recomodations of groups that made such good ambient back then?

i stumbled upon ashra - new age of earth which is very nice ambient with those warm analog synths (1976 i think) and played it to some friends, then asked them when they thought it was released and they all said 2003?2004?

also brian eno released his first such ambient work in 75... (discreet music)

I would have mentioned New Age of Earth, but some people would call it cheesy new age instead (not only because of the title but also because of the sunshine bright music). It isn't really new age though, but simple emotion music for a happy mood. Speaking of which, surely this must be the album where the term "New Age" was first used?

Yes, Tangerine Dream are kings of ambient but only early worx, till 1980, then they started making new age which I don't like at all but their first efforts were mindblowing : ELECTRONIC MEDITATION, ALPHA CENTAURI, ZEIT, PHAEDRA, RUBYCON...

Yeah, Zeit is good, so is Phaedra and Rubycon. Klaus Schulze is also good, his best from what I know is Mirage.

Try also: Amon Düül II - Phallus Dei. That's psychedelic rock from 1969. The last track, Phallus Dei is 20 minutes of pure madness!

• 1 month later...

Yep, TangerineDream is great! Good old germans ;)

Check out DavidByrne&BrianEno "My life in the bush of ghosts", a classic ambient album from '79.

Also stuff from Vangelis and PhilipGlass might be of interest for you.

:)

At home I took the time to look at my mums vinyls, and most of it are 60's rock vinyls, but I was really amazed when I heard the Tangerine Dream vinyls, véry good ambient it is! Even today, it doesn't sound 30 years old AT ALL!!

Does anybody has any more recomodations of groups that made such good ambient back then?

197432[/snapback]

yap! tangerine is a fucking good ambiant!

i have two vinyl from my mums too...maybe we have the same mum!?!!?!!!!?

i have begin with vinyl ,this vinyl...but two....is a bit streight !

anyway they gonna have a new project now i have heard ...maybe i dont hear a lot !

Yeah, My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts is good also, especially the last tracks. I wouldn't call it pure ambient though, it's more like prog rock IMO...

201442[/snapback]

Hehe, fosku, that might be. I am not the best in classifying music.

I listen to it as ambient music anyways. :)