Posted Image

1. Transwave – Trashish (Brixton Remix) 9:54

2. Satori – Normal Exsistence? 8:34

3. Prana – Boundless (Black Cat Mix) 8:43

4. Tim Schuldt – Animatronic 9:57

5. Neurasystem – Stardust 10:48

6. Shaolin Wooden Men – Local Spider 5:39

7. The Visitors – Capt’n Good Vibes 7:15

Hello People I will proudly present the long awaited review to Infinity Hz 2. :)

A worthly successor in the Infinity Hz series with Infinity Hz 2 bring Tsuyoshi. I nearly like all tracks on this CD. Track 6 is hard to get accustomed to. It is a Drum'n'Bass track with woozily psychedelic sounds. Though I like Drum'n'Bass but thus rapidly gets on my nerves. :(

If it was a little more sorted then would it be more reasonable. With Track 7 I got some problems too. Certainly there are some people who please it. :)

If I would arrange the CD, the order would be different. 1, 2, 3, 5, 4, 7, 6.

But like this it is a very good compilation for Matsuri and Oldschool fans. The single deficit is that it is unfortunately only one CD with 7 tracks which plays just 1 hour. My rate is 7/10.

NOTES: Compiled by Tsuyoshi Suzuki and created by MATSURI PRODUCTIONS.

Infinity Hz 2 was released from East West Japan Inc. for Matsuri Productions, in the year 1997.

It is only a Japanese release too. The catalogue number is AMCM-4319.

Sorry that the review unfortunately did not become so long, but for compensation here some more pictures. :)

Enjoy and have fun. :)

Review by Kai-Q

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 8 years later...

InfinityHz2_zpsd91f2c2a.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Infinity Hz 2

Label: Matsuri Productions Tokyo

Date: 1997

1. Transwave – Trashish (Brixton Remix) 9:54
2. Satori – Normal Existence? 8:34
3. Prana – Boundless (Black Cat Mix) 8:43
4. Tim Schuldt – Animatronic 9:57
5. Nervasystem – Stardust 10:48
6. Shaolin Wooden Men – Local Spider 5:39
7. The Visitors – Capt’n Good Vibes 7:15

"With that kind of technology you could convince me of almost anything."

Look at that cover.

LOOK AT IT!!!!!

mesmerized2_zps0b74c742.gif

With your eyes, your mind, and your soul. This compilation is what you think it is. Put a couple of ringers on a team of role players and you've got a little something for everyone.

Trashish (Brixton Remix)- What better way to rope listeners in than to start with Transwave? This remix is one of their more playful tracks. Oh c'mon, it even has the Personal Jesus percussive riff in it. For those that love the melodic side of goa this is your final stop. Short trip ain't it?

Normal Existence- Crackling with bristling sounds it's like a toddler went apesh*t with the bubble wrap. Trust me I know of what I speak. Not overpowering, but sinister enough to let you know that you are not alone. Plenty of juicy changes to keep it fresh.

Boundless (Black Cat Remix)- Found on their Geomantik album this is one of my favorites here. Goa with some experimental elements that has some growl and heft to it.

heftjerry_zps7cdfc960.gif

After Tom's unfortunate stroke, Jerry had the run of the place and well...things took a strange turn.

Animatronic- Tim doesn't make your nice tidy goa does he? He's always had a harder industrial edge to his sound and that trend continues. Full and throaty like a plus sized hooker it's similar to other tracks on this compilation. Straight ahead without much subtlety , but there are places where it gets a little deeper.

Stardust- Bubbling with some snap crackle and pop this is a long meandering track. It takes awhile to get going and when it finally gets there I wish there was more to it. 11 minutes is a lot to ask without a payoff.

Locale Spider- The Wooden Men...yeah this ought to be normal. A lot of adjectives can be used to describe their, uh music. But I'm partial to what the f*ck. I think this answers the question how high is too f*cking high?

wasted_zpsee48e8ef.gif

Woke up in a high school classroom. Not a teacher.

Captain Good Vibes- Picture taking a bat to your hardware. Repeatedly. While the electronic soul imprisoned within attempts to flee in in the hope of finding a better life outside of your control. Electronic date rape, that's what this is. Abuse. Pure and simple.

This is for those who don't want their goa in a pre defined box. If the shortest distance between two points is a straight line this comp is getting there in a f*cking circle. Even the stuff by the heavyweights is a tad left of center. But by any definition it's still pretty entertaining.

Mdk

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I like this compilation a lot. It's not for every mood but it is good for Tuesdays, I've never known how to feel on Tuesdays: the obvious melancholy of Monday has kind of gone but lingering too in small amounts. There end of the week isn't yet in sight but I'm already thinking about, willing it forwards. Just right for some bat shit crazy..er..shit. But you can't be thrown into the deep end, no no no, it's not Thursday night. This compilation starts of pretty regular, nice melodic goa trance with a few experimental elements here and there. It then gets more experimental with each track climaxing with Shaolin Wooden Men just being...well, weird. With your mind pleasantly shattered The Visitors take advantage of you in away that leaves you confused, elated and kind of disgusted at the same time.

• Like 1