CDJ100 S, Jogwheel removal

Recently, I´ve had my CDJ100S on a party where it was very dusty, I guess the people danced way too hard ;-). Well, somehow they seem to be a bit fucked up now, I can´t spin the jogwheel that easy as I could before, seems there has gathered some dust under it.

Now my question: Is it possible to remove the jogwheel and clean it without the risk of damaging something? And can I fix them properly again after I´ve cleaned them?

Thanks

Recently, I´ve had my CDJ100S on a party where it was very dusty, I guess the people danced way too hard ;-). Well, somehow they seem to be a bit fucked up now, I can´t spin the jogwheel that easy as I could before, seems there has gathered  some dust under it.

Now my question: Is it possible to remove the jogwheel and clean it without the risk of damaging something? And can I fix them properly again after I´ve cleaned them?

Thanks

196925[/snapback]

yeah dude, its pretty simple to remove it. you'll need to open up the deck itself, unscrew everything, but just remember where all the parts go. you wont need to remove much to remove the jog wheel. my mate also got loads of dust in his and he had to clean it the same way. opening the cdj's will void the warrenty though :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since I had to let one of my CDJs get repaired the jogwheel is also harder to spin than before. But I wouldn't dare to open up that thing by myself, so I have to deal with two different jogwheels. I got used to it very fast and I don't mind mixing like this. So how did your reparation work, did you really fix it yourself?

OK, I tried to remove it but there´s no way, or at least I wasn´t able to do it.

First I unscrewed the deck and took a look inside, yet I couldn´t reach the two clips which hold the jogwheel in its position, I would had have to remove the plate but once again there was no way to remove it entirely.

Second I tried to simply pull the jogwheel off the deck -> no fucking way

So in the end I think I will simply leave the dust where it is... :P

But thanks a lot for trying to help :)