Another Demention: CD case vs Digipack

Guest Protex Midget

I personalley think that the comp' should be released in a Digipack rather then a reguler CD case...

What do you think?

To put it another way:

Digipacks are those stylish cardboard cd cases with artwork directly printed on

the front & back, as opposed to a flimsy plastic jewel case with little pieces of

paper stuck inside ^_^

I have to say that nice digipack design can be a lot more practical - they don't crack so easily and generally the little plastic bits that hold the hole in the cd are less flimsy.

Digipack can have an insert too - Juno Reactors Shango has some pics inside, and some come with a slit to put a pull-out section.

But the main advantage of jewel cases is that if the get messed up they are easily replaced.

bomble

digipacks main drawback is that the cardboard is very easily damaged. when it does get damaged you can not fix it. the artwork is unprotected and whatever inserts they use are limited in size. i know inserts in jewl cases are limited as well but you can fit much more in a jewlcase.

and the spine on a digipack is horribly weak, they get smushed and bent out of shape very easily.

did i mention that jewl cases are replaceable? if you break, scratch or otherwise damage a jewl case you can just take all the stuff out and put it in a new jewl case.

Guest Stacv

digipacks

are

by

far

better

quality

and the production is 3001500.88% better than the plastic old school covers.

The beauty with Digi is the finish.

Simply, it has a more stylish finish, professional finish

peace

digipacks do not look "nicer" they just look glossy-er. that same exact look is possible with jewl cases...only it will be protected by a nice plastic cover and wont get all messed up.

there is absoluely no advantage to a digipack. none. zip. ziltch. nada. goose eggs.