Psynews 2ND Contest DEFINITIVE name : ANOTHER DEMENTION

Guest Mr.meat

Hi! Do we have a maximum or minumum size for the cover, like 12cm x 12 cm ??

TO DE-FECT: great songs of you on the first compil ! How about a cd ??

JOe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr.meat

Hi! Do we have a maximum or minumum size for the cover, like 12cm x 12 cm ??

TO DE-FECT: great songs of you on the first compil ! How about a cd ??

JOe

Guest space I.

What are the 'dementions' of the cover?? :-) Front and back?? Do we have to send the cd label also or just the front cover first?

Guest preus

@Children

what do you want the file as ? illustrator file or photoshop file ?

or just a jpeg preview ?

:)

and one more thing.. DeMenTion ? hehe...

Guest preus

@Children

what do you want the file as ? illustrator file or photoshop file ?

or just a jpeg preview ?

:)

and one more thing.. DeMenTion ? hehe...

Guest Boppity

Template size is pretty important for the final package. What layout are you planning on using? Full-size jewel case with inserts or a single/cardboard sleeve/case?

Do you only want cover art or should I also work on typography? Any concepts or images you do NOT want associated with your work?

I can email you some samples this weekend if interested.

Love & Light,

Boppity / Jim

Guest wouter

Hey Boppity!

Long time not mailed hehe. Funny seeing you on this messegeboard. I submitted some cover art as well...looking forward to seeing your piece (and other ppl's art as well ofcourse)!

Guest wouter

Hey Boppity!

Long time not mailed hehe. Funny seeing you on this messegeboard. I submitted some cover art as well...looking forward to seeing your piece (and other ppl's art as well ofcourse)!

Guest Boppity

Wouter!!!! Dude! How's it going? :)

If you submitted art for the next CD I might as well not even open up PS. :) I'm a mere Grasshoppa whereas you are truly a T'Cha. :)

Shoot me an email...we have much to catch up on!!

Love & Light,

Jim / Bop

Guest necrotrance

Cool name. I dig it. Im going to enter a cover for the title, but not without comment. If the idea of this compilation is to represent the underground aspect of psy then this path with the name shouldnt be followed.

Child wrote

- The "dimension" 2nd sense can show this comp as the underground dimension of psytrance, not the usual one from famous artists :-)

and also

Author: jonas (---.it.uu.se)

Date: 04-13-02 12:53

isn't demention a song by simon posford?

Author: Children (---.abo.wanadoo.fr)

Date: 04-13-02 13:14

It is indeed :-) That's also why I like it personally ;-) That sounds a little like Twisted releases names ;-)

hmMM not very underground sounding. Its still a cool name though.

Keep it Spiritual.

Guest Boppity

Standard booklet size would be 9.5" x 4.75". I have other template measurement standards at home...

And to the people who feel the need to be "special" by being the authority as to what "underground" really means...

Get the point? There is no above ground there is no underground. There is life. There is art. There is the human experience.

Love & Light,

Jim

Guest JOemrmeat

I'm tired of getting your "personnal" messages in my e-mails !!

Please change the subject!! "not cover size".

Boppity. why 9.5 x 4.75 ?? are you talking about all the booklet or what ?? I think we have to make just the front cover for the contest !!

Front cover is : 4.75 x 4.75.

CHILDREN: do we have to make just the front cover for the contest or what ??

IMPORTANT: Stop sending the message 3 or 4 times when you get the message "onewayltd.com not found"...your message will be in the forum anyway.

JOe

Guest Boppity

>>Boppity. why 9.5 x 4.75 ?? are you talking about all the booklet or what ?? I think we have to make just the front cover for the contest !!

And where do you think the rest of the art and typography will come from? Have you ever designed a package or layout?

There's more to a CD case (regardless of style) than a cover.

So I guess the question for Children is are we simply submitting art for the cover or are we going to be doing the entire package layout as well?

I for one don't mind designing an entire layout for your concept. Also, do you plan on using artwork for the disk face? If so, how many colors do you want that design to be?

Children, if you could email directly I'd appreciate it. :)

Love & Light,

Jim

Guest theorem

if you really want to get technical, a standard cd inlay is 4.75 x 4.687... (I believe the 9 x 4.75 refered to the 2 page spread in the inlay...)

see you it the design-off! ;-)

Guest preus

@ Przmek Tkaczyk

i think you should make one above 600 dpi pr inch.

When you have a cover a on lets say 600 it looks nice but looses small details.

If you are not making the cover in vector graphics but in pixels, you have to be aware that pixels are pixels are can be scattered in a unpleasent way.

If you use a colibration of both vector and pixel graphic, i would say its bets to run a resolution of 1200 DPI for a really good result

Guest Joemrmeat

Bopitty : Hi! Yes I think the winner will have to make the entire package design, but for the contest, I think we just have to submit the cover design.

You'll just have to make the rest of the package if you win !

And about that tracks contest. What is the date the winner tracxs will be anounce ??

JOe

Guest Rephaze

The cover of the first contest-cd wasn't the same as the cover who won the first cover competition (??), or am I wrong.

So when is the deadline for the covercomp?

Peace&Greetz