Where to find BEST (REAL GOA) HIPPIE VIBE?

Guest HILLTOP82(When the shit h

Where Are the REALLY good Tranceparys these days? I know 4 sure GOA is NOT the spot anymore....

Guest cybooom

Visit Slovenia some day.Not lots of parties.But these parties are really rockin..Next is nice festival called Spirit Of The Moon

check www.spiritofthemoon.com

Guest space cat addict

well..goa is not happening now ..in a few months time ..u will find parties at hill top goa ..manali in north india ..kasol is happening ..talamasca played live last month ..fuckin insane

Guest Jarsimahairio

Hippie vibe? Hahaha, plan to create your own personal vibes dude, the train left the station about 30 odd years ago.

Yeah "the train left" allright and aparently Your not on it... If you Knew ANYTHING about GOA you would KNOW that GOA IS A Hippie thing AND the ONLY good Partys ever made in GOA was the alternative ones... Made on a None proffit level By a Hirachie of people With DJ such as Goa Gil... Yeah people who been in India ever since Beatles... But I guess your one of them kids with moonboots plastic flourocent pants and allot of cheap none psychadelic drugs in your pockets... But Hey That is just my Usumption, you might be a great kid 4 all I care.

may all beeings be happy.

hey dude nice 1, he indeed wasnt there in that train but guess what i was there , those were some killer days people could fly , good vibes,good enrgy & full on parties .But i feel goa is still banging if ur there at the right place at a right time.

boom shankar.

Namaste Merw! Thanks for your respons. Good thing someone is getting it.

First time I went to Goa (like maybe 92 or something) There were playing stuff like Orbital, Sven Väth and Underworld on the partys... Probably they did play some Astral Projection or other aswell... But I did not know about that back then... Anyhow I went back to Goa like two years ago around christmas and really I could not find what I was looking for at all.... First there was the thing that there was NO partys, they where just getting romoured and you spent your night looking for it, but there never was one... then Once I did get to some partys, the decorations where quite lame or None and the people looked like british kids on a holydayresort. Verry comercial alltrogether... And then the music was verry HEAVY, no melodic trance whatsoever... I like stuff like Hux Flux and Logic bomb and older stuff like man with no name etc But thats not what they were playing at all...

The Nine Bar was OK sometimes though... It might be me getting older, it Might be the real hippies moved on, it might be me not taking Acid anymore, or maybe I just didnt Find the REAL partys huh? It all seamd so comerical hard and fake...

Anyways still looking though...

Guest paradice trancemüsik

There are some real partys still happening in Goa, but it might be more difficult to find them than it was before. Tourism, tourists on hard drugs and indian police have ruined "the overground" scene. Go look deeper if you want to find the real vibes coz they will always exist in the hearts and minds of some people.

Guest Jarsimahairio

Yes, labelling oneself as "a hippie" seems to be a solid, fashionable excuse for being a lazy broke-ass loser these days. The question is, why not stay in your own country, doing the hippie-thing and all, why insist on taking your reeking presence to a poor country like India where it's not a.), needed nor b.), greatly appreciated? But hey maybe it's just me and you are a great kid after all for all I care.

Jarsimahairio sorry I insullted you dude, you threw the first punch though... ;) And I never said I was a hippie now did I. I said, and I'll say it again that GOA is a hippie thing and its not "now days" as you put it... Goa started happening some 40 years ago... So if you like goa trance You like the music made by the people you basicly just labelled as "lazy broke-ass losers"...

Whatever man. If you think the 9-17 4ever and staying in your own country is "the corect way of life" than you might have a point and you might not have a point at all. If the hippies are "unwanted tourists" in India Its mainly course they are smarter than your averedge joe who fall for all the tourist scams etc... But a place like goa this days one of the most rich places in India actually proffits by the tourism...

i was in goa 2-3 years ago, and yeah, it was bit... "harsh", even though it's still the same goa gil snoozing behind the dat decks. it's all raja ram's fault, you know, he started calling the music "goa trance". ;-)

btw, if you go just south of goa, in karnataka, there is this beach town, can't remember the name, that is really mellow, just small town and beaches, local folks and mellow travellers (lots of hippies). for some reason, saw number of french folks there - maybe the guidebook french use have the spot prominently.

but didn't find any party. but it would be nice spot for small gathering, now that i think about it. anyways, the other post is right, get people with right mindset and good tunes, you can create the vibe in a dingy warehouse.

shukria,

dasa

Guest BrettFromTibet

the 1960's-hippies-in-lungis-around-the-fire-vibe of original goa... the style very first westerner parties in Goa.. Still happens even now!

these kind of people... in little pockets... can be found on the remote fringes of the Andaman islands in the late fall and late winter.... and in little known villages of the kumoan-gharwal area of the Indian himalaya.... in the summer.

you can still find it...but you hafta go a long way away from restruants, resorts, atms, toilet paper, bottled water... and into secret india ;)

----------

goa/gokarna and anywhere in Himachael PRadesh is taitned with the with the "hard" russian-indian-isreali-charasi mafia vibe and mass tourism... in my opinion...

• 1 month later...

last time i was in gokarna it was destroyed by cops coming around every day and "secretly" in the night to grab charas and money or whatever they can get their greasy hands on.

it kept everyone on edge and... what can i say, on edge, on a beuatiful beach?? bad mix.

the first time i went there was a beach that took some hefty trekking up the coast to get to and you had to bring your own provisions too as their were no chai shops.

the following year, 3 chaishops....

last time i was in gokarna it was destroyed by cops coming around every day and "secretly" in the night to grab charas and money or whatever they can get their greasy hands on.

it kept everyone on edge and... what can i say, on edge, on a beuatiful beach?? bad mix.

the first time i went there was a beach that took some hefty trekking up the coast to get to and you had to bring your own provisions too as their were no chai shops.

the following year, 3 chaishops....

• 4 weeks later...

So Goa is not "the spot" anymore?!

What is the world coming to?

guys thats kinda worring...say its not tru!

• 2 weeks later...

Goa will always be a special place for me.

Im from Australia and have been to a few d00fs/raves here and NO matter where the party is, how many people there are, if its free, its its pay the vibe just doesnt feel the same. In westernised countries u cant find that same vibe. Here people come to parties in there $150 CK T-Shirts etc in the hope to 'pick up chicks', 'to be c00l' etc. The sad thing is that they dont come for the music/vibe/gathering/spirtual

I was in goa from feb 6, 04 onwards. Sure there were LOTS of tourists during the day but there were still some pretty nice 'commercial' parties at 9 Bar, even with the 'young ravers' they still come because of the love for music and the vibe reflected this. Paradiso was just crap tho :(

There are still some nice parties that occur, the 'FREE/Unpromoted' full moon parties at Banyan tree and @ Nataraj Temple (anajuna) were fucking insane (IMHO).

So please dont discount goa because there are lots of poeple there, it just makes the vibe STONGER (in certain conditions)

'Have fun, be safe and look after gaia, she looked after our ancestors!!!!"

• 1 month later...

you have to go to goa after january.

december is very commercial. so is the first bit of january.

the local authorities allow more underground parties earlier and later in the season.

during the holiday season they want you to go to the nightclubs instead.

(paradiso, 9-bar, hilltop, etc...)

the mountains are nice for vibe. really raw- put together with string and baling wire- minidisc dj's, patched together sound-systems, 20th generation analog copies of old GMS tracks, but great locations and fun fresh vibe.

san francisco outdoor summertime festivals are always good for hippie vibe.

thats my opinion...

I think it´s wonderful to be part of the international gathering-spot that Goa is: a multi-cultural mix of people devoted to love, light, energy and music... it´s a beautiful place in time and space.

I would recommend anyone to go here, it´s an amazing feeling, even if it maby has past it´s glory days... during the 90-s and before...

Sure it´s getting more and more commersial, the greed is hard to stand after a while... To make a long story short, it´s getting more like the western society... But you will alaways find friendly souls, who´s not into using you, just showing great hospitality and warmth.

Another thing about Goa is the drugs. I like society to be open for psychedlic revelations and such, but I think that often there´s not so much questioning that there should be inside the psychedelic world. Often there´s only one side hitting a one-way road, you might say.

And in Goa you´ll for sure find young westerners doing drugs, often for the first times and maby only times, in their lives. It sadly results in a unthoughtful use of the substances. People party hard and forget what it´s all about.

I saw many people burned out, not caring about each other, only into their own things, the journey of the ego, using each other instead of loving each other. Not really into what the psychedelic experience means.

People who are only there for a short time getting waisted before they go back home to their rich countrys, getting back in what the society "expects" from them...

Hm...

But it´s of course the same here, you will find the true psychedelic people if you only search for them...

About the parties more and more of them are hunted down by police, a result of that is that there are more "bars" with set opening-closing hours, run by people who probably pay a whole load of money to society for being able to run them. They are more or less commersial. I enjoyd 9-bar, Prim Rose and such, but Paradiso wasn´t my favourite... it was to big and consentrated to money-spending tourism.

Christmas and newyears are the most commersial weeks in Goa, you will notice that all the bars are filled with a diffrent public than the weeks before and after, it´s probably a result of the chartertourism...

You will find outdoor parties if you search for them, even if they aren´t so many nowadays.

So well, maby time is running out for Goa, but I still think that it has some yeas to go... and remember that new Goa´s will be created just as you´ll be reading this message. And in time, commersialism will fade out and love and light will rule again.

aha!

In search for the goa spirit?

I found it in Finland this summer.

I will cherrish the memory :D

Elixiria festival, without a doubt, THE best party of my life.

It's gonna be pretty hard to find that vibe again.

People were very open,

very crazy, but playfull.

Nice nature...

Very strange things happended with me there.

I had a very bad year & when i got back home i felt like a new person.. :lol:

&what the fuck, i didn't believe my ears the first night!!!!! :blink:

All the music was home made suomi saundi....

Every track played was made in Finland...

They have like approx 50-60 psyartists there

& good music, damn, twisted psychedelic, orginal, experimental!!!!!!

It was like discovering goa for the second time.

:( damn I miss it....

You know that "magic" feeling?

Go to Finland!

• 2 weeks later...

i second you on finland Daniël, i also went to that party and must say it's the nearest to hippie you can get. completely different from some indoor clubby events here in germany. and the music is just insane!!!

by the way if you liked funland go to romania next summer a lot of the artists playing there were at the elixir party too.

Transylvania Calling 2005 /Gathering the Tribes of Resonance :P

link to the party:

http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/party_details.php3?PID=14141

Sorry couldn't resist this one ..

Where best to find em?

West Cork in Ireland - Most of the 'Hippies' Live there now LMAO ...

As I said sorry - just couldn't resist ... :D

Nomad

203883[/snapback]

West Cork is full of hippies alright.

What do you mean you "couldn't resist"?