What does your nick mean?

Yeah, I know we've had this before, but alot of new ppl have come since...

So... Tell about your nick... What does it mean?

Mine - DeathPosture, is a word from the '95/'96 Van Basten track "King Of The DeathPosture"... I've had it since then...

What about you... Looking forward to some interesting stories! ;o)

"Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free!"

DeathPosture

mine is the japanes word for dragon. i really like dragons and stuff so i got this name. when i was younger i used to tag the tatsu-sign on the walls with spray paint.

Guest clive frog

Clive Frog ~ my DJ alias, it's from South Park, you know Cartman's little stuffed toy he has next to him on a chair in his bedroom.

There u have it, clive frog, explained.

Guest Kakoolalajwal

Yeah !! good idea !! nice topic !!

Kakoolalajwal is a totally twisted and imagined nickname......

I use to say (on chats for exemple) that is means "Be happy !"......

"Really ??" use people to ask me.... "In which language ???"

Hi hi hi, then I answer "every language..."

After that, they wonder if i'm a bit crazy, or they think i'm so coOol !!

Hé hé hé.... I like !

Peace on U all !! Sunny Days are coming back !!! (In europe, I mean.... :) )

Ciao ciao

Guest psychopat

Kakoolalajwal,

"Sunny Days are coming back" not for a long time, especially

near your home at Besancon ;)

I was living in Belfort when I was studying, and what a

strange weather place isn't it ;) Anyway the colder/rainy outside

the warmer/sunny inside, as we are used to say.

And I've nothing to say better because now I'm living in Annecy

in the french Alps, quite cold too ! waiting for the summer time

and its European festivals.....

Cool-Crazy nickname indeed ! ;)

Mine is much more simpliest....

my first :'psycho' (like all mind/emotions driven things)

my second: 'pat' like patrice my firstname.

The whole is quite obvious =~ 8 ^ )

I get that surname in '96 when I started electronic music making.

(Acidcore or whatever you are calling highly acid hard techno/trance (not psychedelic)) and done some few live events in school, bar, and parties.

I kept it despite I'm composing/mixing psytrance

tunes for some times now.

Guest Kakoolalajwal

Hé hé hééé Psychopat !!

Quite agree with U about the weather !!! Happily I'm just living in Besançon by the week.... for my graphic design studies...... Toaday 4 exemple : rainy this morning, sunny at midday, and yet cloudy !!! How maaaaaaad !

I'm just going to drive back home yet, near Strasbourg, where i'll be able to move out in Germany for a nice Goaaaa-party !!

Don't worry 4 me about the sun..... on April 2nd, i'm flying away to Lebanon 4 a training course (10 Weeks...)

See Ya this summer !! (who knows ??)

Take care, ciao ciao

Guest TheGreatMagnet

"The world moves according to the whims of the great magnet"

--Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (the movie in this case)

hey, Kakoolalajwal and psychopat, what's wrong with the weather in besac ?? ;-)

Nice to meet two persons living in this small town on this HUGE international forum...

Guest Flying Kundalini

Kundalini is the serpent power based at the bottom of the spine - coiled. However through various yoga disiplines and some serious meditation ( or thru serious drugs ) you can awaken this power which travels up the spine opening the various Chakras on the way thru, this is usually temporary - ever had that shooting sensation up your spine?? - however thru sustained disipline you can maintain this level of energy indefinitely i.e. practicing yogis.. the flying part is when the kundalini reaches the third eye the enery is released and you are liberated into samadi.. you can see pictures of "flying kundalinis" on some medical equipment - you know the pictures of 2 snakes criss-crossing up a staff, in ancient texts of the egyptians and Indians and also on the cover of Plasic/Vimana EP by Etnica.

BomS

Guest ether

well...

i started spinninng gabber '95-'96, and ether is a drug that make you fall asleep. Gabber does anything but...then when i moved into psy/goa/trance in '97, i decided to keep the name since when i first played trance out i was told i put the dancers in a dream like state

Guest antic

Well, anybody here had (or maybe still have) good old 8-bit atari computer (800xl, 65xe etc.)? Antic was a graphics chip. Not like the ones we have now (nVidia or 3Dfx), but it was cool anyway. In assembler language you could do wonders with it - make more colors, different resolutions on one screen, more sprites and so on... At that time it was really something. For me being the part of so called demo-scene (as coder & musician) it was obvious what nick should I choose :)

After some time I realised that "antics" in english stands for jokes, stupid behavior and things like that, but I still like it anyway!

Guest mijis

i was in a party a few years ago i was a little drunk and a girl asked my name and i said : "my name is Mijael but you can call me mijis " and all my friends call me mijis since that day.

Guest phaeton

The son of the sun-god Helios. When Phaeton ("the shining one") finally learned who his father was, he went east to meet him. He induced his father to allow him to drive the chariot of the sun across the heavens for one day. The horses, feeling their reins held by a weaker hand, ran wildly out of their course and came close to the earth, threatening to burn it. Zeus noticed the danger and with a thunderbolt he destroyed Phaeton. He fell down into the legendary river Eridanus where he was found by the river nymphs who mourned him and buried him. The tears of these nymphs turned into amber. For the Ethiopians however it was already too late: they were scorched by the heat and their skins had turned black.

:)))

phaeton1.jpg

:(((

Guest akindo

My name means shopkeeper in Japanese. I got it because I used to play Bomberman World for PlayStation alot, and one of the characters which I always picked was called Bonba Akindo. So I'm Akindo!

Guest Kadath

"Kadath" comes from an old story called "The dream-quest of unknown Kadath" from H.P. Lovecraft. If you try to read it you'll discover where Neil Gaiman must have got inspiration to write Sandman's stories (all that things of cats in the dark side of the moon, gold glittering cities, and so on...).

Peace ¥

I have 3 nicks tha i generally use:

Trunks (the one that i use the most) : Literally it's boys' underwear, but if u watch anime (japanese animation) you must know that in DBZ Trunks is the son of Vegeta and Bulma, succesor to the throne of the Saiya-jins and of course a migthy fighter.... My favourite cartoon heroe

665 (the one tha I use in this forum): From a t-shirt that I bought that wrote "665 the neighboor of the beast" one of my favourite pieces of clothing... I think that a forthcoming Psy album will have a similar title, can;t remember by who?

Talibanistiri: Consists of 2 parts: 1 "Taliban": the guys at afghanistan and 2 "Banistiri": which in Greek means "the act of peeping on naked people or people who have sex" so put it together and u get a stupid nickname tha means nothing and was put together just because the 2 words share the BAN part and sound funny :)

Guest cactus

my nick just mean a green bastard with lots of thorns... my friends used to call me "u fucking cactus" (dont ask me why...i think its really lame acutally) and i decided to use cactus for my nickname

Guest Honguito

Well..... I used to use "El Hongo Loco", which means "The crazy mushroom", as my nickname. When an ex gf who were from Chile heard that name she started calling me "Honguito" and that means "little mushroom"..

Actually the extension '-ito' or '-ita' is a way of making nicknames in Spain. Ahh, no time to explain.. Take care