Have you purchased more than one copy of an album?

I purchased 2 copies of Tales of the Inexpressible so I could loan it out and still have it with me at home :)

Same with the first Shpongle, as well.

I also purchased an extra copy of Juno Reactor's Bible of Dreams to give my sister for her birthday...

howbout you?

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

have ya? huh? huh? have ya? huh?

Guest Mike D

Well, seeing as my nephew got into my cd collection and scratched the sh!t out of The Mystery Of The Thirteen Crystal Skulls I ewill have to get a new copy as it rocks! Other than that, no. If I am gonna loan and album I usually give them the burnt copy I have for my car, so if my car gets broken into then they only still burnt copies, no the original!

that's a good idea - too bad i don't have a CD player in my car......... or even a tape-player for that matter....... :( :( :)!

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

come on..... post....... talk....... communicate

Guest psycle

i never got 2 copies of a CD...but there are SEVERAL times when i got a CD that i DIDN'T want after i listened to it. i wish they had a return policy on those things...pisses me of now that i think of it...what a waste of money...must have wasted about $300 on USELESS CDs. i could have used that money to get some nice goa CDs, which im sure i'll still be listening to many years down the line. most of the hip-hop CDz i have, i never listen to anymore.

Guest psywarrior

I bought two copies of The Gathering. After having it for a few months I bought a copy for my friend, then he did the same with Talamasca - Musica Divinorum after he had it for a while.

Guest nomad

Tales of the inexpressible i'm on to my fourth purchase (presents) and one for me ..and the other is databass wintersession..just in case it gets scratched lost etc..

Guest Raider

Got The Green Nuns Of The Revolution : Rock Bitch Mafia both on CD and vinyl. Same goes for Infected Mushroom : B.P.Empire, Hallucinogen : Twisted, Hallucinogen : The Lone Deranger, Oforia : Delerious, Astral Projection : In The Mix / Unmixed.

the only time when i bought a second copy of an album is when i want to make it a present for someone.

Yeah well, when I buy someone a gift, I usually have it myself... The only double I can think of is the 2 different versions of Hallucinogen "The Lone Deranger" ... I have the normal version and the special German version which features an extra track: Synthesizzler ...

That's it!

DeathPosture

psycle,

they don't let you return opened CDs because you could just copy them and then return 'em, like you used to do with rental movies on your VCR.

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

;-D

Guest vasyachkin

how many CDs you got strumpling? if you got over like 500 then i can see why you might wanna do this.

but if you got like only 200 CDs and instead of getting new ones you get copies of ones you already have - thats retarded.

Hahah mike D i did that once to one of my older brother's CD ... i used some SIZZORZZZ!! :)

hehehehhehehehheh... man if someone did that to my CDs i would have to become violent... =D

i'm going to have to buy a new copy of juno reactor's albums.. already duped one.. becuse they are so scratched...

Eheh JUNOR............aCTOR!!! oh . .

oh yeah... [?]

Oh... my goodness

i better not do it again.... no.. NO... uh.... ehh i'll just do this :

http://onewayltd.dyndns.org/psyforums/read...i=44165&t=44165

they made me take: JUuu...NOoo REAC...TORrrrrr

'!?!?THEY GAVE YOU WHAT?!?!'

Guest Jikkenteki

If I find an album (or ep) I really really like on vinyl I tend to buy two copies, as if I don't and something happens to one, I will probably never find it again. CDs I don't usually buy two copies of unless something happens to one. One album I may have to buy yet a third copy of on vinyl is Infected Mushroom's B.P.Empire since both copies I have purchased so far have a skip in the very beginning of Tasty Mushroom, even though I got them at different times and even in different countries. Anyone else have this problem?

Guest vasyachkin

when i bought astral's in the mix, i immediately made copies on CDR in case anything happened to it, but why would i buy a second one ?