Simon Posford (GOD of Psytrance)

Guest Amitabha

Anyone agree huh!? I JUST heard YOUNGER BROTHER - THE FINGER

my god its so beautiful!! I like the new twist from simon .. like this one and the sixth revelation etc.. hope he will continue to grow and explore the vast dmt soundscapes and deliver to us on compact discs :)

And any news on the LIVE cd?? Tell me.. what tracks is gonna be there? REMIXES??

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dam10n

i don't think there's gonna be any live album.

there will be a younger brother album later this year.

and he has been working with alan parsons as in alan parsons project, chap who produced dark side of the moon, in california for 10 days.

Guest [tom jaimz]

Psytrance is not about idolisation.

Psytrance is not about egotism.

Psytrance is not about groupies.

Psytrance is not about the same media concepts that are forced down your throat by Rolling Stone, or Boy Teen Weekly, or whatever latest crap magazine has Britney Spears on the cover this week.

By all means, give Posford your respect and admiration, but don't go around calling him a God. He is not above any other people creating psytrance. Indeed, I found the whole Unusual Suspects compilation.. well, not disappointing, but just unsurprising - let's face it, Posford has not changed his concept of dance music in over seven years. There's very little innovation in his music. He hasn't, like Etnica or X-Dream, explored radical new directions in his own sound. Sure, he's an extrememly professional sound engineer who has the ability to create any sound he desires. But let's not put him on too high a pedestal, ok?

pfffffff....let people think what they want..

if we want to call one guy, god we will do...

He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, He's god, :-)))

Anyway, there will not be live album

Thank you tom jaimz for clearing up Amitabha's opinion of Simon P. Thank god we have people like you here to define psytrance and tell people thier opinions are incorrect. Just cause you can't hear innovation in Simons music doesnt mean others can't. He can call him a god if he wants. He is a god , Simon is GOD.

Simon is Jesus Christ reborn. Who cares.

Guest wouter

Tom, can you say Shpongle? Like it or not, Shpongle is definitly about exploring and innovating new sounds and concepts. I agree with you on the God matter and on the Usual Suspects comp, but I think Si most definitly is a pioneer that breaks new grounds and raises the standards of psychedelic electronic music.

Guest Soulhunter

Hallucinogen is a pioneer in psytrance - agree- but maybe it's better to call him Adam than God.

I call him Freggle because he looks like one..

Guest [tom jaimz]

oa

I'm sorry if I came across as overbearing on Amitabha's opinion. Naturally Amitabha is welcome to their opinion, as welcome as I am to disgree with it. I'm simply of the opinion that giving labels like 'God' or 'King' or anything else to any act in the psytrance scene is counter-productive to the ideals that psychedelic trance is based upon. The entire concept of the psychedelic trance scene is one of a clean canvas - of the unexpected. Psychedelic trance revolves around being fresh, hearing new sounds, exploring new ideas. This is why in the psychedelic scene the unreleased circuit is so strong, and why artists can so annoyed at seeing their music and live sets being passed around without their permission. The freshness is the most important thing. In the past few years, Posford has produced very little in the way of freshness. Certainly, I'll be among the first to rave about his first two releases, and the huge impact that they have had on what we listen to today. But since then, I think Posford has provided very little to the momentum of the psychedelic scene. But I don't feel any anger for this. I have no expectations of Posford. I know what he is capable of in the past, and I'm sure he could do that again if he wished. But I only want him to present to us what he wants to present. Calling the man a God.. well.. it leaves such a high level of expectation for him in the future.. it cripples his creativity.

wouter

I am referring only to Simon's dance material, and not the Shpongle stuff. Although I think the Shpongle stuff is good, I'm not really into that sort of music, and so I don't know enough to comment on it. I don't even own Tales of the Inexpressible, and have no desire to own it.

Guest [tom jaimz]

Sorry man. I'm pissed off 'cause my latest shipment of music arrived today but there was no-one here to receive it so they took it back to the airport. Fuckers. So now I have to send my girlfriend out to the airport tomorrow to get it. :-)

Guest Slidingtrancer

I think there is a definite change in Simons sound as Hallucinogen. I would call the Younger Brother stuff much more matured than his Orphic Trench. Maybe it was good for Simon to get away from psytrance and make some ambient, I guess we will be up for something....

Simon isn't god, though he is of course very good at texturing and making music in general. There are so many more aspects to life, so stop calling him God or the King, it just sounds random and top40'ish.

The thing I dont like about Hallucinogen-music is the fact that every song contains a triplet or 3/4 time signature and it gets a bit unoriginal at times....(hearing the same trick over and over again). In ambient this can sound very nice and even fresh, but in psytrance this is done too often.

( mainly speaking about "the lone deranger" here)

Guest Mahoney

about the questions about your "all-star-dream-group",, I´ll maybe put up prometheus and simon posford for thoose,, maybe add some more,, but Younger Brother is a dream-team :)

Guest tequila

>Author: oa (---.fll-int1.netmgt.com)

>Date: 03-07-02 15:54

>

>dont take it so litteraly. jeeze

pretty funny, each one of your attemps to be ironical on this forum fails, oa:)