JAGOA

8. Only Psychopaht Would
EVELYN

9. Dragons Breath
METAMORPHOSIS

10. Jupiter
CARBON

PAMnBvK.gif

It's good to be a goa trance fan these days. The established labels like Suntrip and DAT Records keep throwing out quality music to temporarily satiate our voracious appetite, but unlike the early days of the resurgence there seem to be more releases than we can keep track of. UAF and Neogoa have been holding down the digital fort and now we have the very prolific Timewarp Records. Sita and Cronomi keep it real with Dimensional a Ezel-Ebed pitching in every now and then. Add to mix Zion604 and Anjuna and we now have an old school flavor.

Yep, good to be a goa fan.

Bad to be a wallet.

May I now introduce to you the newest label to throw their hat into the ring, Goalogique Records. A Belgian label run by a chap named Bora Bilgin they opened up shop in 2012 with this compilation. The first thing that will jump out at you is the horrible artwork. Since this is their first foray into the market you gotta cut them a little slack. Gotta crawl before you can walk.

Next thing is the lack of recognizable artists. I've heard of Somnesia of course, but none of the others. This is of course not a negative by any stretch of the imagination. How many times have the well known projects just mailed it in?

I love goa trance like a lot of you. The more I can get the better. So it's with open arms I welcome Bora and his label to the show. But this sounds like a debut compilation. The sound quality is fine, but it seems like the artists are trying to find their way. The compositions lack complexity and depth. Somnesia is again the exception, but he's hardly a newbie. It's not a great compilation, but neither is it terrible. Average would be fair. I think the tracks needed more development and that comes with practice. I liken it to a rookie who gets his first shot in the NHL. The potential is there, but he has to improve his game otherwise it's bye bye chartered jet plane and hello 10 hour bus ride. I will still buy it because I'm a collector and I want to support the scene, but there are way better goa trance albums out there.

Let's see what they can do with the next compilation.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Mdk

• 5 months later...

Love it. it sounds like it's straight out from the 90's. Sounds like ppl just having fun making th emusic without aiming to make it for the dancefloor or to be overly commercial. Got this one to give it a try but will definitely be purchasing all their works for sure. Really fun music for a change.

Love it. it sounds like it's straight out from the 90's. Sounds like ppl just having fun making th emusic without aiming to make it for the dancefloor or to be overly commercial.

Yeah, exactly that. You can hear the beginner's enthusiasm in most of the tracks.