I HATE COMPUTERS!!! ARGHH!! Please help someone..

"Well maybe you are the one using the language wrong my friend "

you have to be kidding me.....you can not possibly be trying to tell me that a period and an exclemation point are interchangable. thats absurd.

"I am using the language as in UK (United Kingdom) where I have lived several years (I have spoken and written it more than 28 years). Maybe you yanks need to freshen up your grammar skills again. "

ok proffessor show me any reference in any english grammer book where it says that an exclemation point is interchangeable with a period. please.....thats a crock of shit (hey look no "e" in shit i must have spelled it wrong 'cuz im from america)

"Don't think that the American language is the only one. It isen't! the original English language is the one used in Europe and indeed in UK.

Your language is named American English (or US English) not English!"

time for e.p's linguistics lesson of the day:

the "original" english is for you information a dead language spoken nowhere in the world today. the "original" english is more like german than the english anyone speaks today.

the language i speak is absolutely 100% NOT called "american" or "u.s." english. its english. just english. just like in australia its called english not "australian" english and in canada its called english not "canadian" english.

"So please do not talk down to me as if I am a stupid person (or as you so nicely like to put it "juvenile") that know less than you do."

well if you stop making stupid statements ill stop talking to you as though you were stupid.....and yes juvenile, you were the one who felt the need to stoop to racial slurs just because you were getting your ass handed to you in a debate.

"I can only laugh when you claim that a New Yorker isen't an american.

Wow what acid do you take - maybe it's time for your head examination?"

another instance that could have been avoided by a reading comprehension class. i did not say new yorkers werent american...i said i wasnt an american..i was a new yorker. i will let this one go as theres really is no way for you to have understood why i said that... you would need to live here to get it.

"By the way please rip me into the tiny sheds verbally. I really do not care. I am so sacred of you the big big American strong boy!"

i already said i would remain civil...its enough that i have so thoroughly trounced you in this discussion that it is im sure apperent to all that i am more than capable of verbaly castrating you at will.

your addition of " I am so sacred of you the big big American strong boy!" is just more proof af how childish you are being.

"Anyway I am not going to waste my time on you anymore. You are not worth it! - have a great life in your little superior world"

its a rather large superior world. thank you very much.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Elysium Project

How did you ouroboros  get involved in this?

Ahh I get it - you use more than one name and computer!

Guest Lifeform

wow... this got pretty off topic here. Nothing against you elsyium but sometimes you seem like always have to be right and will defend yerself till the death, when even sometimes your very wrong.

Trancer my friend, sorry bout all the confusion. G3 is definitly enough to record music. And it will be NO problem at all if you are just using midi. I believe space cat recorded the whole Beam Me Up album on a g3 (that is, when they were working in his studio), Correct me if i'm wrong. And that's a pretty involved disk.

And that's very strange about crashing when you installed the drivers for the midisports... Do you have the newest drivers updated? If so, it's gotta be your soundcard.

And the finally question, Trancer, what's your budget? If you got 3 grand then go for a G4. They are nice... But i really dont see too much difference than my pentium 4 system, to equal 1,500 dollars. There shouldn't be a problem on neither of your computer setups. It's just some sorta conflict like you mention before that you need to figure out... Which is seems like yer audio card.

Guest Elysium Project

Well yes I am sometimes wrong but at least I did not insult idoru or ouroboros the way he insulted me in the above posts. His posts are very rude and he (as you claim I do) indeed think he know everything without even bothering to see it from my side. So please do not tell me that I am the only one here that are wrong...or maybe it's an american thing to stick together nomatter how bad the otehr american behave?

I had all the respect for you ouroboros before this. But your arrogant and patrionising way of talking down to me showed me that you do not derserve my respect.

Guest Lifeform

"or maybe it's an american thing to stick together nomatter how bad the otehr american behave?"

What? Dude... Aren't you like 30? With comments like that you shouldn't have anyones respect. I've never even spoken with Ouroboros outside of this forum, let along knew he was a american. What difference does it make anyways? Dont even answer that actually cause it's just gonna be another one of your flops of shit. Good day.

Guest Elysium Project

Actually I am 35 but that's not the issue here.

Well I couldn't care less who's what but I do see a lot of Americans sticking together in this forum nomatter how wrong they are. Maybe I was wrong about you Lifeform but I still do think that you are judging me solely as if I am the only one to blaim here.

"Well yes I am sometimes wrong but at least I did not insult idoru or ouroboros the way he insulted me in the above posts."

please...show one singular insult toward you e.p. i was going out of my way to NOT insult you. as i have comented before, you felt the need to resort to racial coments.

"His posts are very rude and he (as you claim I do) indeed think he know everything without even bothering to see it from my side."

welly well well....now look who does not consider whos cultural backround. let me let you in on a little secret e.p. i am from new york....contrary to popular belief we are not rude. we are honest. my coments may have been harsh at times...but i was speaking the truth...and sometimes the truth sounds rude. it is not rudeness.

i do not claim to know everything...i know what i know....it is no where near "everything".

as far as seeing from your side....why would i do that? your side was wrong.

" I had all the respect for you ouroboros before this. But your arrogant and patrionising way of talking down to me showed me that you do not derserve my respect."

let me tell you e.p., your very first words to me were"

"idoru get your facts straight...that's totally bull!"

im sorry but that is not how someone with respect for someone else speaks to them. if you had any respect and if you were not arrogant you might have wrote something like this:

"im sorry idoru but i have to disagree with you."

but you didnt did you?

was i patronizing? yep..because you were acting like a baby.

if i have lost your respect..so be it. ill gladly trade your respect for me for you taking a good look at this thread and seeing how you treat people with no respect to start with. maybe youll change that very ugly habit the loss of your respect for would have done everyone else some good.

Guest phlux0r

ok... this post has become a forest of opinions and I don't see how this can help our friend, trancer, here.

So I'll try to backtrack a bit :)...

Trancer, you seem to have a reasonably new PC so I'm sure you can do stuff to it first to try to make things work. No need to panic and spend more money :).

You've told us all your music gear but you only told us that your PC is a 1.7 GHz machine with Win2K on it. Tell us a bit more about your PC, what motherboard, video card etc and go look in your My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager and choose View > Resource by type then have a look at the Interrupt request settings and tell us wht you see there. Ideally your Audiophile card should have an interrupt for itself, it should not be shared with other devices. Also, while you're there,have a look if any other hardware is clashing or is not properly installed (you would see a red kind of icon when something is wrong). Also, your motherboard soundcard should *not* appear here if you have successfully disabled it in the Bios. You MUST disable the on board sound in the Bios first!.

It is also best to start with a fresh installation of Windows.

Next step is to go and update ALL and i mean it: ALL drivers for ALL your hardware (video card, latest motherboard patches, etc..). Also get the latest Audiophile drivers for Windows 2000 and install those.

If your system isn't working after that then you have a few more options. You should go to the Audiophile manufacturer's website and have a look if they have some kind of support section. Usually there are FAQ's or user forums where you can find out if others had similar problems and what the solutions were. If that fails, you can write to the sound card manufacturer support or ring them and ask them about your problem. You can also go to Google Groups and do a newsgroup search on your soundcard and the problem you are having... Be aware that the more details you give us about your system and the problem the easier it is to help you. Saying that the PC crashes doesn't help a lot. When exactly does it crash (when booting, when trying to play sound, when using some audio software...) How does it crash (Program Error box, blues screen of death, complete freeze, system reset...) and so on...

regards, phlux0r :)

Guest Elysium Project

that goes both ways ouroboros. You do not threath me with any respect so why should I respect you?

And about me loosing respect for you. You got it wrong dude. I used to respect ouroboros. I did not know it was you with a new name - how could I? But I certantly do not respect you (ouroboros) anymore... Your last post is one long lecture toward me in how I am badly behaving and how right you are. take a good look at yourself dude. You might find me immatture and rude. I find you totally arrogant and disrespectful..end of story..I got nothing else to say to you!

"I used to respect ouroboros. I did not know it was you with a new name - how could I? "

i knew you were going to say that...

whats the difference? why should it matter if you knew who it was or not? would that have made a difference in how you responded? if it would have, why? why wouldnt you treat someone you never met with the same respect you treat a best friend?

i will assume you dont know the definition of lecture. i was not telling you how to act or what to say. all i did was respond to prior comments made by you. and not once in that whole post did i mention anything about me being right about anything.

and i see once again you have decided to not answer a question i ask you.

you accuse me of things and when i ask for proof you ignore me. it seems your primary method of discussion is to to be rude stubborn and accusitory, and to run when asked to prove your claims and accusitions.

as you can tell from other posts...i am not the only one who sees this. maybe...just maybe...there is something to what i say. maybe...just maybe you could look past your emotions and see how the things you say affect other people.

this is not a lone incident...you fight with a lot of people here.....a lot. whether or not you mean to..your words come across as very arrogant. i will believe you when you say that is unintentional....but thats not the problem.

the problem is your overly rude attutude to people when they misunderstand you. you are rather overbearing a lot of the time and people dont like it.

if want people to stop getting on your case then stop being rude..if you dont care how people see you or you dont care that people find you abrasive...by all means..change nothing.

i dont care. its youre life..live it as you want, but dont get mad at other people when they put you in your place.

Guest Elysium Project

I get angry when I see a person like you "once again" want to tell me how I influence other people and how many things I do wrong. I honestly do not care at all how you and other people see me. I have my friends and they know who i am.

Since you have so many bad things to say about me I will tell you how I see you. I am sure this is also going to be corrected into me being wrong and me wanting to be right all the time.

I see you as a very arrogant and "better knowing" person.

I find you very provocative when you constantly seem to continue round and round the same points over and over again even if I actually did get it the first time. That to me is arrogant and you come across as someone who like to teach me "the reality" of things.

An example: You said:

"i will assume you dont know the definition of lecture". This to me amoung many other examples is a direct indication that you think I dont know anything. maybe I am wrong - I am sure you think so - but this is the way you present yourself to me.

The reason why i do not answer your endless many questions (or should I say claims) is because I frankly do not care.

have a nice day.

Guest Slidingtrancer

Elysium you are a terrible pain in the asss, a total prick and a problem to this forum

and thats why I like you :D

Guest Elysium Project

I sure am a pain in the ass and I am sure the biggest problem this forum will ever incounter. But at least I can look at myself in the mirror and know that I am always honest and that I won't say and think what other people want me to just for the sake of popularity.

"I get angry when I see a person like you "once again" want to tell me how I influence other people and how many things I do wrong. I honestly do not care at all how you and other people see me. I have my friends and they know who i am."

yes...the operative words you used were "once again"....this happens all the time.

coincidence? i think not

if you dont care...fine...you dont care....just dont be surprised when people think youre a know it all snob.

"Since you have so many bad things to say about me I will tell you how I see you. I am sure this is also going to be corrected into me being wrong and me wanting to be right all the time.

I see you as a very arrogant and "better knowing" person.

I find you very provocative when you constantly seem to continue round and round the same points over and over again even if I actually did get it the first time. That to me is arrogant and you come across as someone who like to teach me "the reality" of things."

how can i say youre wrong? i cant..if thats how you see me..then thats how you see me.

and lets take a poll.. who is the most arrogant, self rightious guy on these forums....we wont even make it multiple choice..well just let people write in a name......i bet you 100 bucks you are the winner by a landslide and i dont even make the list.

and the only reason i make the same points over and over is beause you DONT get them..it doesnt seem like you dont...you actualy dont. if you did..you would stop.

and im not "teaching" you anything, as you are obviously not learning...im telling you...im telling you how your actions affect me...you can not say im wrong..i can not be wrong. your actions have a result..all im doing is telling what that result is. if you stuck me with a pin and i said it hurt... you cant very well tell me it didnt hurt...this is the same thing.

and as a matter of point......the ONLY reason i said anything was because YOU ASKED!!!!!!

from now on dont ask and you wont have to hear it.

"An example: You said:

"i will assume you dont know the definition of lecture". This to me amoung many other examples is a direct indication that you think I dont know anything."

well i didnt say you didnt know what it meant i said i was going to assume you didnt because you used the word wrong.....either that or you just werent paying attention to what i had written that made you say it. its one or the other.

"The reason why i do not answer your endless many questions (or should I say claims) is because I frankly do not care."

bullshit.

the reason you dont answer the questions is because you cant. they were not "claims" they were direct questions.. you made the claims..i asked you to back them up.

at least one of those questions i surely deserved an answer to, as you acused me of something and i asked you to show me where i did it.

youre refusal to reply is a very clear indication that i did not do what you claimed.

"have a nice day."

thnx... you too. (seriosly...im not mad at you..as im sure you dont care...but im not)

Guest Full Lotus

Going back to the original issue, trancer, have you tried changing the hardware settings on the additional Sound card?? Have you checked in the BIOS that you have PCI sharing enabled? Btw I use a Laptop at home, and since it runs on W2k and has all the correct drivers, it has crashed once in the last 2 years. If you look after your equipment in the correct manner be it PC or mac, then it should be relatively OK. Btw I think macs are slightly better for multimedia applications, but PC's are creeping up closely.

Guest manfras

hei everybody...sorry for been in the middle of this but,,,,,,come on........

trance is peace and this forum too.......................please why don't you just be in peace with eachother.......and doesn't matters where you came from and if you write wrong or right...........please people.....................

why dont you all come to trancedence(party) here in brasil to listen gms , absolum , logic bom, skazi, alien project, earthling, all live................it will be in 10 to 15 july.............and we all can smoke a joint and be friends...............ok??????

peace..............................

Guest manfras

any of you make music???????????

what kind?????????????????

do you wanna hear mine and tell me if you like??????????????????

www.burninnoise.hpg.com.br

tnhks

manfras

Guest trancer

full lotus: i suck BIG TIME on computers..my friend is an expert on computer and he was doing stuff within the bios and said that you can't inactivate the old soundcard..that's how the problem came...and the Pc i have is full of shit..i have downloaded tons of movies, games, mp3's and God knows what else...so i think i have to buy a new machine, PC or Mac only for music and nothing else...but i am so confused..anyway i am getting a job soon so i really don't care if a put like 1000$ more..the only thing i care about is that the damn thing can work..i would give my both legs for a computer that works with logic and my synths...

BTW: i have also checked the ibooks..pretty cool, cause then when you play live somewhere you don't need to carry 100 things..you bring your ibook and that's it...should i buy an ibook perhaps?? or a mac g4?

oh yeah.one more question: does a regular 17 inch apple monitor work on a mac G4?

PZ everyone

Trancer - tell your friend to shut off the built in sound on your PC by removing a "jumper" from the motherboard. It is basically a tiny little plastic piece on your motherboard close to the sound plugs. When you slide it off, it will deactivate it - there are probably 5 or 6 jumpers on there that control different things, so if you don't have the instruction manual for your motherboard that points out the right one, look very closely with a flashlight, usually there is tiny writing on the motherboard that tells which is the right one. ('Audio97' or 'BuiltIn Snd' or 'LegacyAudio' or something'). I'd come over and do it myself if I didn't live in a different country.

Mac vs. PC - Use whichever one you like. Use which ever one your friends can help more with.

PCs crash. (Blue Screen)

Macs crash. (An error type -1 has occurred)

If you can afford to dedicate a computer to music only, Mac or PC, definately do that! The simpler the setup, the less it will crash. The less stuff you have on your Hard Drive, the more room you will have for Hard Disc Recording. If you are using all hardware synths and recording them as audio, this will take up much, much more room than VSTi/soft synths so you will need the extra space.

If you are using Logic, and can figure it out, you're already using the most complex program. 70% of the "big name" psy-trance acts I've seen play live use Logic.