tracks by Koxbox

Guest combeferre

yep another vote for the great unknown, every track on this gem is worth having. So buy the album is my advice, as for downloads get the logic bomb remix of crunchy moles, correct me if I'm wrong but does this remix take bits from 3 tracks of this album? (crunchy moles, the great unknown and...can't think of the other one right now. Maybe 6 cells?)

Guest Eshanti Brahman

Insect and Insectbites (split rmx)

Fuel On

Life is

Stay Psychedelic

Life is a gas (Koxbox/X-dream)

Colordrops

and the whole The Great Unkown-album

and you should check out Psychopod/Saiko-pod

• 11 years later...

The whole "Dragon Tales" album is a masterpiece! I would say essential to any collection, and my recommendation is to listen to it as a whole album.

Just about everything they released on Blue Room. (in addition to Dragon Tales album, Stratosphere EP, Life Is... EP, and Too Pure EP)

And I have to agree with the Koxbox remix of Juno Reactor's "Feel the Universe"

And anything from Psychopod (before they changed their spelling) - Headlines EP (but really almost a whole album's worth of music) and the "Dreampod/Psychopod" single

Anything Koxbox/Psychopod did between 1996 and 1998 is pure trippy psychedelia - I would say they were ahead of their time. So my recommendation is to get every one of these releases. Some of my favorite music!

They had a lot of good stuff before and since, but that is my favorite period of theirs...

Crunchy Moles (aka "A Major Problem in Australia") is also an essential track. It's from the album "The Great Unknown" which is also highly recommended.

Their style changed after 2000. More full-on, less trippy. Not to say there's nothing good, but I wouldn't use this as a starting point to discover their music... Anything 1999 or earlier is some of the best psytrance out there!