What artists use a Q?

Hey i'm picking up a Q shortly, and i'm really interested as to which artists use a Q, to see what it's cpable of under different hands. Also anyone know anyone who uses an andromeda now or microwave XT...that'd be really interesting to see. When i had my andromeda i wasn't able to get very psychadelic sounds out of it, some but not many, it'd be interesting to see if other people were more successful than me!:)

Guest trancer

I got myself a Q yesterday :)..the machine is amazing..ok anyway : Etnica/Pleiadians/Crop Circles uses the Q. The bassline from Lunar Civilization is from the Q (i think its a preset sound)...

The XT is X-Dreams favourite synth...that's all i know...i donm't know if any other groups are using it but i think also C.O.P. and The delta is using it since its the same people...

The Andromeda: well i don't have a clue...I was playing with it in the store... WAAAAYYYYYY to much compicated @!#$, and it hasn't 5% of the power the Q has and its also a very very expensive machine (here is sweden..i don't know the rest of the world)..so i don't think there are any groups using it...

Hope this information helped.

Trancer

Shpongled, yup i sold the andromeda. For i was trying to get out of it i could've gotten a nord lead 2 which would've done the job better and a lot cheaper. It's a cool synth mind you, but imho i don't think the sounds themselves are worth the $2200 i've paid

nice trancer i rreally like plaiedians love their sounds, i'm not to wanting to create x dream's sounds...they're not so beautifal anymore. i'm just really looking for beautifal sounds ya know?:), those magical sounds that are utterly psychadelic and beautifal. shows the world's beauty. : )

but honestly i don't think the andromeda is anything special, besides for jsut ahving some really cool specs. trancer which Q did you get uQ Q rack or Q KB?

Guest Reticullian

I own a Q too,.. the KB vesion,.. it's a dream to work with !!!..

I love etnica/Pleiadians/crop so muchhhhhh,, ....

I didn't even know that they had the Q when I bought it 2 years later !!!,.. I was really happy when I learned it,.. it's cool to have the same synth as my heros ,...

I can make anything with it now,... .. .,,

Btw,, It was my first synth !!!. ... .

Guest trancer

I bought the keyboard version...The yellow beast!

Reticullian: they are my heroes to...Have nice the synth...btw: did you find the lunar Civilization bassline? (I thnk it's a preset sound)...

BOM!

Guest trancer

Reticullian: they are my heroes to...Have nice the synth...btw: did you find the lunar Civilization bassline? (I thnk it's a preset sound)...

BOM!

Guest trancer

BOM!

Guest Reticullian

Trancer,.>. I got the yellow too ,...

Is the Lunar bass sound is in the 2001 sound factory ?,.. Do you have the 32 voices exp. ?

I'm planning to upgrade mine to a 32 voices with the memory exp. too ,... But here in Montreal,.. there's no fuckin way to get it ,, even with my locator dealers < they really sucks > (( Steve's music.... ))) ..

hey dudes.. the bassline in lunar civilization is not made by the Q.. it´s an old song and Q didn´t exist at the time the song was made. and i doubt that etnica would use a preset. i surely wouldn´t. and a bassline like the one in lunar civilization is quite easy to program with any analog/virtual analog synthesizer.

Guest Lifeform

The Q's been around longer than youy think Kilian...

Also, Sun Project uses the Waldorf XT.

The andromeda had alot of work to be done on it. But now that Alesis went bankrupt they can't update so to the people who bought it... Bought a very unfinished synth.

life form, the os is now more complete, and the andromeda is going back into production.

Hey Reticulian! check out www.synthplanet.com REALLY cheap expansion+waldorf synths, you might even bet upset at how cheap it is...:)... only $1550 the Q KB!:o NEW, it's because it's in germany and VAT is 20%, and you don't have to pay vat and only have to pay a 4% duties and like 4$ shipping so you save like 12% buying from europe if you're not european! muahhaha !

what year did lunar civilizations come out?

i know how long the q has been around.. and it is not as old as the crop circles track.. it´s a nice synth though,, and a nice track.. i beleive that lunar civilization came out in like 97´ or something.. and the q isn´t that old.

Guest lifeform

yess. 99...

buggy.. thanks for correcting me. i haven't seen or heard about any andromeda's in the last 6 months or so... so i figured it was dead from the last time i saw it around.