A proto Goa one for you : ) (Tragic Error - Tanzen 1989)

MikroMakro

Jaaaa Jaaaaa Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! Fun track.. 2 choices..

Harsh, watery and sibilant..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amun881JSdU

Or worn vinyl vibes and mono : (I think this was called New beat as the style, lots of Belgian techno/electro style stuff made it over to Goa  as far as I understand)

This inspired my track Tanzen in Raum Und Zeit a bit, one of a handful.

There is a lot of it here if you like the general sound.. Tanzen Tragic error in the mix and better quality...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a wacking great knowledge gap kind of 92-94 on Goa trance. I was listening to other stuff at the time. I did go to what was called a couple of "Goa Reunion" parties in London probably 92-93-94 at a guess, cannot pin it down, went to a NYE's one all nighter in E. London round the back of Mile End road. I learnt much of the deeper trance history only over the last 7 years. There was so much going on musically around that time period, many new sounds and genres evolving, even birthing.

In 94 most of the great ones released music. Hallucinogen, Juno Reactor, Koxbox, Total Eclipse, Eat Static, Man With No Name, The Infinity Project etc.

But I have a feeling you like the older stuff. Like...

So maybe have a listen to DJ Lupo and see if you find something you like. =))

• Like 1

Cool Staffan, I have played these vids and they are great. The first track of video 2 is very haunting. MWNN and AP used that same

Choir pad sample (or synth).. I have been wondering where that exact pad choir sample came from.. in this instance T1 of Vid 2 the slower attack on lower notes suggests it is a sample (sounds like just being pitched down which gives its own haunting feel). It might have come from an Emulator sampler (earliest one) I did try and track it down to use and follow in the greats but failed. I found sampels like it but not actually that one.

Listening is like another life time right ? Time travel almost, in your own ears/head.

Back then the freshness was mysterious, there was a touch of darkness there as well. It reminds of Goa 96 getting a "Motorbike Taxi" back from Anjuna at midnight after failing to get in the with crowd, just groups sitting on the beach (in front of the legendary Shore bar).. and finding where a party if any was going to happen. I stared into the sky above the Arabian sea and felt very alone... content in paradise but kind of alone.

Big things happened the days after though that changed all that. So when you are feeling the emptiness (even in paradise), it may only be days before light shines again. It's hard to remember that sometimes.