Now live: RTP RECORDS - read how it works

2020-11-11 = RTP RECORDS has gone live

(in fact, it really just has B) )

I have been often thinking about launching a label of my own. Well, these days I thought "no one lives forever" and "what am I waiting for" - so I decided: I'll just jump into it and get going. I got myself an account at a distributor to release stuff to online platforms - and yes, collect royalties. I can collect royalties. That last part wasn't even my plan, honestly, I wanted to do FREE STUFF ... but I have been writing to various companies and there seems to be NO FREE WAY how to get stuff on Spotify and all the other services - at least I never got any answers from anybody who would release anything for free - so I thought, well, "shove it" I'm gonna do it anyways and so I came up with a plan.
The distibutor account costs money anyway, so I might as well use royalties to cover these expenses, it'll probably not even buy me a beer...

...nevertheless, here's the concept that I am making up in my head:

I am BUYING IN TRACKS from artists - paying them with my own money. The sums must be agreed beforehand and fixed with a contract. Either I pay beforehand or we split up the royalties that trickle in - or a combination of both - as you please.

These terms apply:

Track must be provided - readily mastered. MP3 or WAV is possible. More formats on inquiry.

Artwork can either be provided or will be done by me - consider yourself warned, I am not a good image editor

RTP RECORDS is registered as an ARTIST and will release all acquired material under ONE ARTIST = RTP RECORDS

Your artist name will be attempted to be packed into the song title ... it will look like: RTP RECORDS - Skeletone _ NPNK --> "RTP RECORDS" is the release institution, "Skeletone" is the artist, "NPNK" is the title.

There is NO GUARANTEE you can have the titles your way

The song writer of all material will always be BERND MASTERMAN - which is me. You can request being added as a songwriter and I will do that if possible, but Bernd Masterman will always be in it. That is to assure consistency.

First release coming up:

SKELETONE - NPNK // Absyyyyynth EP

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/rtprecords/skeletone--npnk--absyyyyynth

I am doing this mainly as a test to see how it looks like - and to promote the project Skeletone :wub:

If you got anything you think that is worthy of being released in this project, drop me a line. There is no website or anything yet other than this distributor thing.

Thanks ... let's see how this develops :D

Regarding genres ... I would make an emphasis on the psy genre (otherwise I wouldn't post here), but I won't say it'll be exclusively that ... maybe make it a little broader and say that I would like to emphasize on "electronic".

So the first single (I'd call it an EP) is out:

We are on Spotify, itunes (Apple Music), Amazon, Google (YouTube Music), Deezer, Insta, Napster and even Twitch ... and more :blink:

This is awesome!!! :D

This first release was mainly a test how it works - but now that I know the workings: I can safely say RTP RECORDS is "open for business" - plan is to buy single tracks from psy artists and release them this way under "Artist = RTP RECORDS" ... of course all that must be agreed upon.
Cool thing though: I can literally release singular tracks. Small steps. Meaning: I'll just have a look out now to go buy my first one. And then another one. And so on. All chill and no stress and I don't have to lay out all the money for a compilation beforehand...

Let's see what I can come up with :)
Gonna update this if anything noteworthy is developing ^_^