Tsotsi

image.png.bde5d2771c9dc648f7449b5d3372eeab.png

Artist: Various
Title: Voyager: Third Plateau
Label: Hado Records
Release: May 13, 2020

Tracklist:-

01. HelixNebula - Over The City Of The Future
02. Artifact303 - Consequences (HelixNebula Remix)
03. Celestial Intelligence - Constant Motion (Median Project Remix)
04. Median Project - Flights In Dream And Reality
05. Fiery Dawn - Boogie Man
06. Midi Junkies & Psychologist - Altay
07. Psychowave - Never Ending Mistery
08. Galaktion & Groove Hunter - Crystal Worlds
09. Sonic Elysium - Thunderstorm

HelixNebula – First time hearing this amigo and gotta say it is a great theme to bring to the compilation first up. Floating and uplifting, it really does make it feel like you are floating over a city of futuristic buildings made of gold and glub-glub.

Artifact303 (HelixNebula Remix) – The track gets better and better as it goes on, The first had me wondering if something great was going to eventually happen and it sure does. Helixnebula brings more uplifting energy to the comp

Cellestial Intelligence (Median Project Remix) – I’ve listened to the original and this version back to back and up n’ down. Median Projects adds flour to the mix and densifies it in a way that only he can. A few extra layers and added zips and hey presto we have ourselves an AAF certified banger. Like the original the track becomes exceedingly more exciting as it progresses. It leaves me feeling light and capable.

Median Project -  This is the sort of song that got Median Projects name on the map, hidden layers reach up from the depth and screech at you as intensity intensifies. you go from deep sleep in the cold emptiness of space to hyperspeed through a nebula all in the space of 8 minutes and 10 seconds.

Fiery Dawn – Whose afraid of the big bad Boogie Man? Not Fiery Dawn, this guy faces his fear head on and damn he does it with gusto today. The track is full bodied with a long finish, think of a Hunter Valley Shiraz. Energy is kept high and every element compliments the last. Fiery Dawn should get a cellar door award for this baby, it’s hot on the lips and only gets better with more listens. This reminds me 

Midi Junkies & Psychologist – The mood changes into full-on/psytrance territory. I normally don’t go out of my way to listen to this style so I appreciate having it here for me to hear. A lot of effort goes into the mids and highs, it feels like the bassline and kick could have been given a little uniqueness love. Regardless the theme and that 5 minute break into triplets is sweet as pie. An engaging dancefloor stomper.

Psychowave – Psychowave comes in with his high quality psytrance, more squelches and psychedelic layers than you can poke a stick at. The track has its moments and no doubt would be a banger  on a dancefloor. For my at home listening it lacks anything stable for me to grasp on to as each moment flies by so fast. Cleanest production in the game though.

Galaktion & Groove Hunter – Picture sparkling gems overhead, refracting in the forest light as it glimmers through the tree tops. A half dark half, half sparkly track that has some decent grooves, my favourite of the three psy tracks (You’d hope so, that name comes with expectations).

Sonic Elysium – Horrifyingly uplifting and full of nice feelings. The main lead is to die for and reminds me of a high quality old school Muses Rapt style. The first listen comes with a lot of excitement as the track grows into what it eventually becomes. Subsequent listens keep the smile on the face as it fills me with empowerment and positivity.

Hado Records hit the nail on the head right here right now. The psytrance tracks might not be everyones cup of tea but then again the Goa trance tracks may not be either. Nobody did a bad job here and exceed at each style that is tested out. Sonic Elysium and Fiery Dawn are my favourites, but really I like them all. Not a wasted spot on the comp

https://hadorecords.bandcamp.com/album/compilation-voyager-third-plateau - Bandcamp is down at the time of writing this but here is a link anywho.

https://www.beatport.com/release/voyager-third-plateau/2994895

• Like 1