Artist: Bioterranean
Title: Souk (EP)
Label: Horns and Hoofs Records
Date: July 5th 2018

1. Virtual Jungle
2. Syrup Pool
3. Playground
4. Lost In Raval

I'm not a techno boy. Alright alright I'll listen to techno in a club, I'll slowly move the top half of my body from side to side. Sometimes I'll do a little dig down at the ground and every now and then I go full disco and wave my arms in a slow little circle above my head (Liberating). But unless its free on ektoplazm I just have to much else to listen to. Maybe I'm just not listening to the right stuff.

Victor Solsona is here to help me, and I am a Victor Solsona fan. For those that don't know the full name Victor also runs the Hypnoxock project which is just banging track after banging track. Bioterranean is the psychedelic synth and acid heavy tech/techno/psy  project with production quality on the same level.

His latest EP gives us 4 psychedelic techno tracks, each unique and exploring a different realm from the last. 

Virtual Jungle has some nice little jungle sounds which open the album up nicely. Unless you're alone in the Brazilian Amazon I know you like jungle sounds. The track is full of funk with elastic synths that work their way into your cranium.

Syrup pool funks things up a little extra with a pretty groovy baseline and lots of psychedelic sounds. Synths are straight techno and surrounded by ominous squelchy fun. 

Playground starts with the screams of joy from little amigos playing in what I can only assume is a playground, completely unaware that they have been born into a world of difficult choices and darkness. Little dunces. Victor knows this though and goes all dark and wobbly in this track. acid lines build and build until they hit a nice little breakbeat. 

Lost in Raval is a synth laden, stomping banger of a track. I once got lost in a supermarket, in my little 8 year old panic I picked the first lady I could find and came up to her calling her 'mum' only to find out she was not. This track is infinitely better than that moment. Biggest track on the album and a bunch of fun.

Bioterranean comes out hard in this EP, with the same precision and care that we were presented with Eurythmia. Victor's style choice of sounds in all his music is a delight and I recommend getting this album, even if it means going onto Beatspace. Woop woop.

https://www.beatport.com/release/bioterranean-souk-ep/2330525

image.png